BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

If people think Benni's attitude is "unacceptable", then they'd really not want Alves. Not so much on the pitch, as he produces the goods there for sure. The statement on his website about being a victim of slavery when Heerenveen didn't want to sell him after one season is the shining example. He's an excellent player, but has a massive ego.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hughes talking to the LT about this January's transfer market.

My gut feeling is that Hughes had tarhets lined up but they are not coming available.

I would suggest your gut feeling is as usual as misinformed as you claim bazzas posts to be.

It wasn't that long ago that you were trying to convince everyone that Rovers had the capacity to spend big in January.

It is quite clear that is not the case and no-one suitable can come in without someone else being sold. Nothing whatsoever to do with lack of availability.

Bazza is quite right that that we will disappear off the radar soon without a workable transfer budget. Hughes hasn't really had this in premiership terms since he took over. We've got away with it so far but won't for much longer with several key members needing replacement in the for seeable future and seemingly every other club bar us prepared to invest more in the playing side.

Strange and risky stategy by the Trustees, if we're relegated, their precious asset suddenly becomes worth diddly squat in relative terms.

Where bazza is mistaken is in confusing the Walkers private money with funding available to Rovers.

I would suggest your gut feeling is as usual as misinformed as you claim bazzas posts to be.

It wasn't that long ago that you were trying to convince everyone that Rovers had the capacity to spend big in January.

It is quite clear that is not the case and no-one suitable can come in without someone else being sold. Nothing whatsoever to do with lack of availability.

Bazza is quite right that that we will disappear off the radar soon without a workable transfer budget. Hughes hasn't really had this in premiership terms since he took over. We've got away with it so far but won't for much longer with several key members needing replacement in the for seeable future and seemingly every other club bar us prepared to invest more in the playing side.

Strange and risky stategy by the Trustees, if we're relegated, their precious asset suddenly becomes worth diddly squat in relative terms.

Where bazza is mistaken is in confusing the Walkers private money with funding available to Rovers.

Talking to Sambas agent the other day he was damming of Rovers football club saying they cant keep asking for players to come on loan when these players are receiving concrete offers from other clubs.

Have the club not lost something like £1-2m in income through reducing ticket prices this season when very few of us come to the games is it any wonder that the owners wont throw more money away if Blackburn doesnt support Rovers and our fellow bitter Lancastrians show a collective contempt towards Blackburn Rovers can we really complain.

I would like us to sell the dressing room turd which is killing our team spirit, Mr McCarthy.

We should then give Roberts or Derbyshire a run up front with Santa.

We need to give pedersen a rest and bring in a left footed midfielder to compete with him. The guy is too complacent and needs competition.

We also need a right back.

Talking to Sambas agent the other day he was damming of Rovers football club saying they cant keep asking for players to come on loan when these players are receiving concrete offers from other clubs.

Have the club not lost something like £1-2m in income through reducing ticket prices this season

Yes but that is offset by a 10 million gain in Tv Revenue

Team spirit looks fine to me.

The fact we have come back in so many games, at least shows there is fight within the team.

Erm, whats the reason behind the loss in form?

Roberts and the Axe handing in transfer requests ALL of a sudden.

Do you forget that McCarthy layed himself down like a whore to Chelsea in the summer,

and always talks about him looking for a "big" club?

Mr McCarthy is turning the players against the Club. He is a dressing room rat. He thinks he is a "big club" player, but when he comes on for us, he is utter turd.

SELL SELL SELL.

Have the club not lost something like £1-2m in income through reducing ticket prices this season when very few of us come to the games is it any wonder that the owners wont throw more money away if Blackburn doesnt support Rovers and our fellow bitter Lancastrians show a collective contempt towards Blackburn Rovers can we really complain.

If true I think Samba's agent has a very fair point.

Can't agree with the rest of your post, our gates are excellent considering the size of the town and the shifting demographics.

What are peoples thoughts on James McFadden from Everton, I read he is unhappy with not getting regular footy at Everton, Celtic and Rangers in the mix I read. Thinking he may team up with Cruz OK

Would be a wonderful signing. Just the kick up the arse that Gamst needs, Faddy would come with the ability to play left wing and centre forward to a high standard.

I've a horrible feeling he'll end up at Septic, but if there's a chance we should look in to it.

Would be a wonderful signing. Just the kick up the arse that Gamst needs, Faddy would come with the ability to play left wing and centre forward to a high standard.

I've a horrible feeling he'll end up at Septic, but if there's a chance we should look in to it.

Everton would never sell one of their best to us, unless we made a big bid. Non Starter.

He would be ideal though.

Erm, the fact that we keep conceding silly goals? Or are you actually suggesting that those transfer requests is the reason for that? I'd love you to try and justify that if so.

As John said, team spirit is fine, otherwise we'd be unable to keep coming back in these games. There's also no lack of commitment on the field, we just keep conceding stupid goals and, on occasion, we have been let down tactically by Hughes.

I've always liked McFadden but he said that he wanted to return to Scotland.

I'm not 100% sure thats true - I believe he said he would return to Scotland unless he could hold down a starting place in the Premier League.

Everton would never sell one of their best to us, unless we made a big bid. Non Starter.

He would be ideal though.

A lot depends on how Moyes rates him. Strange situation, he gets very little chance, yet Moyes should know as well as anyone how good he is.

He'd be worth lodging around £3m for - and for any mid table Prem club thats a lot for a player that doesn't start very often.

Erm, the fact that we keep conceding silly goals? Or are you actually suggesting that those transfer requests is the reason for that? I'd love you to try and justify that if so.

As John said, team spirit is fine, otherwise we'd be unable to keep coming back in these games. There's also no lack of commitment on the field, we just keep conceding stupid goals and, on occasion, we have been let down tactically by Hughes.

1. Team spirit impacts Team performance which impacts Results. I have seen some sub-standard performances over the last 10 games. Haven't you?

I have thankfully seen the overall performances improve against Chelsea and Man City.

2. If there are some dressing room rats and players who are not 100% committed, this causes us to perform at a lower level and impacts results.

3. This impacts our defensive performance suprisingly enough.

I agree the other factors are individual errors by certain players, and of course Hughes making some mistakes tactically during games and in team selection have also impacted on the lost of form.

Lets Hope we beat Derby tomorrow and turn the corner.

1. Team spirit impacts Team performance which impacts Results. I have seen some sub-standard performances over the last 10 games. Haven't you?

I have thankfully seen the overall performances improve against Chelsea and Man City.

2. If there are some dressing room rats and players who are not 100% committed, this causes us to perform at a lower level and impacts results.

3. This impacts our defensive performance suprisingly enough.

I agree the other factors are individual errors by certain players, and of course Hughes making some mistakes tactically during games and in team selection have also impacted on the lost of form.

Lets Hope we beat Derby tomorrow and turn the corner.

Having sat by the dug-out watching the body language of Benni, Roberts and Mokoena during the Arsenal match, I'd say the problem was with Roberts and Mokoena more than Benni. Roberts sat and scowled his way through the whole match with his arms folded- having a right strop. Benni watched the match and was jumping up and down on many occasions- most obvious when he thought we'd scored in the first half, being upset when he realised it had gone past. Mokoena just didn't look particularly bothered.

If true I think Samba's agent has a very fair point.

Can't agree with the rest of your post, our gates are excellent considering the size of the town and the shifting demographics.

The gates are there to generate more income by paying a decent price going into the ground generating a decent revenue then buying the merchandise neither of which the Blackburn public do..Lee Grooby posted many moons ago how Blackburn fans spent the least amount of money per head of any other football team in the premiership when they had a fully stocked club shop hence the club relenquished it.

The gates are far from excellent far from it, they are poor and rely heavily on away supporters boosting the crowd, get your head out of the sand Rev.

The amount of people in Blackburn who criticise Rovers and support other teams such as Manu and Liverpool is i find quite staggering.

That statement should be borne in mind when anybody reads any of your posts. Untrue, misinformed and misguided.

I have never met a working class cocaine user.

I'm by no means Bazza's greatest fan, but you manage to make a tit out of yourself often enough on here Philip (I couldn't be bothered digging out one of your infamous predictions) so you should probably be slightly more tolerant of others.

The gates are there to generate more income by paying a decent price going into the ground generating a decent revenue then buying the merchandise neither of which the Blackburn public do..Lee Grooby posted many moons ago how Blackburn fans spent the least amount of money per head of any other football team in the premiership when they had a fully stocked club shop hence the club relenquished it.

The gates are far from excellent far from it, they are poor and rely heavily on away supporters boosting the crowd, get your head out of the sand Rev.

The amount of people in Blackburn who criticise Rovers and support other teams such as Manu and Liverpool is i find quite staggering.

What do you think gates should be, 40, 50, 60k?

And without wanting to reopen this particular can of worms I think we know which section of the Community tends to err towards supporting Liverpool and the Red Scum.

Well tough shitski flyboy! We are playing in the richest league in the world. If foreign players want 'in' and to profit massively from doing so then they should do as we ask or ferk off elsewhere. Samba was damned glad to come here from Herta Berlin reserves and I bet his bloody agent was damned glad that we signed him and subsequently gave him a very lucrative contract. These poncy agents need to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to see players at first hand before we commit to paying them huge sums over 3/4 years and not just take some agents word for it who could not spot a football player to save his bloody life! Agents are at best overblown and overpaid tossers that have ruined much of what we value in football in this country.

btw why on earth can people still not grasp the fact that transfer fees are history for all but the clubs that enjoy Champions league qualification! Why on Gods earth would any club waste money by giving it to other clubs in the form of a transfer fee when it's far simpler to just offer a %age as a signing on fee directly to the player concerned? Eh? Has nobody noticed that players nowadays can usually get out of their contracts at the drop of a hat?

Anyway moving forward from that a question for the "Buy big / Walkers are shiitting on us" club members who appear to be in the majority on this mboard ...... Whats most preferable to us at the moment paying some club 5m for a midfielder and giving the player a 3 year £1 million pound per annum contract or getting a midfielder and a right back and giving them a 3 year £1.3million pound per annum contract each? That is the market that we are in at the moment. Transfer fees are for stupid managers employed by idiot chairmen.

I would like us to sell the dressing room turd which is killing our team spirit, Mr McCarthy.

We should then give Roberts or Derbyshire a run up front with Santa.

We need to give pedersen a rest and bring in a left footed midfielder to compete with him. The guy is too complacent and needs competition.

We also need a right back.

Do you forget that McCarthy layed himself down like a whore to Chelsea in the summer,

and always talks about him looking for a "big" club?

Mr McCarthy is turning the players against the Club. He is a dressing room rat. He thinks he is a "big club" player, but when he comes on for us, he is utter turd.

SELL SELL SELL.

Winner? More like Whinger! :angry2: Personally though I think 'Cupid Stunt' would be a far more accurate boardname.

Anyway CS never mind McCarthy just tell us all exactly which of our players do you think would turn down a lucrative 'double your money' move to Chelsea if they came sniffing around this January?

Archived