BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My reason being I live in another country, but I'm sorry, I've been to a lot of football and I know that whilst being at the match gives you a better insight, you still get a good idea of how players are behaving and performing from TV. I do know from experience that football fans like having a scapegoat and they like turning on players and it certainly wouldn't be the first time it has happened on this site either. Right now Benni is in the doghouse, so you're all going to look for every moment he stops running or every moment he rolls his eyes.

I guess the problem is that Benni doesn't provide much beyond his goals. He did have a little purple patch up to the Fulham game of providing some class linkup play (Liverpool was an outstanding example) but then against West Ham and Wigan was absolutely absent. Part of this was down to our midfield being appalling but part of it was Benni coming too deep and not providing decent runs that worried the Wigan defence. Cruz on the other hand was always moving and always making himself available, doing the donkey work. I guess the feeling is that Roberts or Derbyshire would be more useful on the pitch, despite being much less technically able, as they can do more if we are not providing the quality from midfield.

Benni is an out and out striker, not a team player who looks to close down and hassle, and at the moment we need forwards who are going to put pressure on the opponenents defence by using pace into the channels (derbyshire) or raw power (Roberts).

I can't see Benni starting on Tuesday. If Roberts or Derbs put in a decent performance Benni could find himself in for a spell on the bench after that.

As a Levski fan (my 2nd team) I can say that Rovers would fall into a trap with this one. Basically, Domi and a host of other players we're trying to sell are just not good enough and we're trying to trick richer teams with the fact that they've played in the CL. He's young, but pretty useless upfront. One good game in 4-5 I'd say. And if he's useless in Bulgaria's amateur league, there's not much potential he'll do good in England.

But anyway. As for Rovers. We need new defenders. Warnock, Samba and Nelsen have cost us game after game. I just can't stand them anymore.

Basically, Domi and a host of other players we're trying to sell are just not good enough and we're trying to trick richer teams with the fact that they've played in the CL. He's young, but pretty useless upfront. One good game in 4-5 I'd say.

Better form than Benni....sign him up :lol:

I would like to see another central midfielder perhaps in the shape of Tom Huddlestone? Dynamic, Quick, can shoot and has youth on his side

Also, a Right Back will be required as Brett Emerton isn't the greatest, his silly sending-off against Wigan show this. I think a Right Back to sign would have to be Justin Hoyte on loan? Hes faster than Emerton and is actually a defender!

As well as that i wouldnt be surprised to see a loan signing of a left winger. Gamst is dreadfully out of form and Segio Peter... well who knows where he is at the moment. If we were to get anyone i think i would like to see Serginho on loan from AC Milan, admittedly he is old but he is still quicker than Gamst and can play at the back as well so it means Warnock may have to do less defending because at the moment hes attacking and defending for 2 men

We shall see!

Guest WestSussexTombo

Only piece of Blackburn related news i could find this morning is Wigan, Fulham and Derby County are all interested in Robbie Savage. Now if they are the quality of teams he is only good enough for, maybe its time we started looking for some new central midfielders... :D

Does this news about this Bulgarian Striker carry any weight or is it just another rumour from a site trying to gain attention?

Does anyone know of any Blackburn staff going to Bulgaria to talk to the players reps?

It would appear to have some substance. The news has been carried on Bulgarian internet sources and there's been claims of Rovers representatives jetting off to Bulgaria to thrash out a deal.

If it is true - I am a bit worried. The comments I've read from Bulgarians on the official board seem to suggest that he was a flash in the pan who has failed to live up to early hype and has been outshone by his strike partner (who I believe is having trials with Arsenal).

That's the way to inspire a player. I really didn't see RSC doing much more than Benni, he simply scored goals. One of those goals was a wonderful piece of skill, the other two were simply frmo being in the right place at the right time.

Thats funny......... Shearer had a similar knack of being in the right place at the right time to. :rolleyes:

The greedy Walker Trustees are asking a far too price for a club that has no prospect of ever making a significant profit. But they are only shooting themselves in the foot because now is the only time they are going to attract a buyer. And when as is inevitable Hughes leaves and relegation follows they'll look back with regret to not selling earlier - relegation costs and they don't have option of putting the club into administration.

Well it's theirs to do as they will so I guess we'll just have to accept it then. Alternatively we can all support someone else.

That's the way to inspire a player. I really didn't see RSC doing much more than Benni, he simply scored goals. One of those goals was a wonderful piece of skill, the other two were simply frmo being in the right place at the right time.

sorry mate but i have to :lol: at this.

with all due respect, if you really watch roque's game and you still are of the above opinion...then then you need to go back to school and study video on players movement even when they don't have the ball and general play around the park.

Without sounding too negative, there is a suggestion that Rovers are going to have to spend in the window. I would perhaps echo that sentiment but I would also suggest that Rovers fans have also got to prepare themselves for some outgoings and I just dont mean the supposed deadwood.

Bentley, RSC, Emerton and Samba are all potential big club targets.

MGP,Roberts,Mokoena,Savage and McCarthy are all potential transfer targets.

Imagine the outrage shouls the big clubs come calling offering silly money. A club like ours can be stripped of its stars before we have the appropriate replacements and by the way, who could we relatively expect to replace this little lot ?

Agreed 1864.

I think this is the reason why Hughes is knocking back all transfer requests and enquiries about players.

A combination of wanting any new players signed before releasing anybody and knowing that saying "nobody is leaving" is easier to police than keeping players you want toi keep after doing a selective clear out.

It is quite possible that in looking to improve, all Hughes' targets end up staying or going elsewhere and we will sign nobody in January regardless even if the purse strings have been loosened. After all, improvement on what we have got now basically means Champions League standard.

Guest WestSussexTombo
Bentley, RSC, Emerton and Samba are all potential big club targets.

MGP,Roberts,Mokoena,Savage and McCarthy are all potential transfer targets.

Imagine the outrage shouls the big clubs come calling offering silly money. A club like ours can be stripped of its stars before we have the appropriate replacements and by the way, who could we relatively expect to replace this little lot ?

Bentley, RSC and Samba are the only players i would be really disappointed about loosing. Gamst maybe at a push, but on his current form i dont think many clubs are going to come knocking with a figure that will tempt the board...

Replacements for the players i wouldnt mind leaving (if i had the choice) would go like this...

Emerton - Sagnol

MGP - Thomas Hitzlsperger or Matt Taylor

Roberts - Kenny Miller? ~ Derby apparently need the money if you will believe the papers

Mokoena - Lance Davids

Savage - Huddlestone or Diarra

McCarthy (depends on how much) - Not sure if honest, Defoe, Zamora or one of Sparkies mystery players come to mind...

I cant help but wonder whether this Bulgarian chap were apparently linked with could be being lined up to replace somebody...?

I've got a theory why we've gone rubbish. Hughes has demanded his players start playing like they're drunk - just before the January transfer window. When the window closes - and no-one has even made an offer for our jokers - they come good again - and we finish 6th.

It's all a big plan to stop anyone trying to sign our stars in January - obvious really :D

I've got a theory why we've gone rubbish. Hughes has demanded his players start playing like they're drunk - just before the January transfer window. When the window closes - and no-one has even made an offer for our jokers - they come good again - and we finish 6th.

It's all a big plan to stop anyone trying to sign our stars in January - obvious really :D

Thank god for that,for a while there i thought they were playing rubbish by accident :lol:

Emerton - Sagnol

Mokoena - Lance Davids

The same Sagnol who's a starter for France, who plays for Bayern München and is regarded as one of the best in the business? I don't think we have much of a chance there, although I'd be delighted if it was to happen.

Admittedly I haven't looked specifically at Davids when watching Djurgården games, but at least he didn't stand out. I don't think he's much of an improvement on Mokoena, but of course I could be wrong.

ETA:

Aston Villa are lining up a £10m double swoop for Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen and Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte. (Daily Star)

A deal I wouldn't mind us making. The fee is somewhat steep perhaps, but those are two players I'd like to see at Ewood.

Archived