BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
James McFadden is another name in the press at the moment, linked with a number of clubs. Not sure what he would cost, but he's an interesting player in my opinion. Good technique, some pace ? and a decent left foot. Should not be our top target, but if he's cheap, could he be an alternative to Pedersen on the left?

He is not quite a striker but he certainly isn't a winger, you really only play him out wide in a 451.

I Like mcFadden a lot but I think both McLeish and O'Neil would be willing to pay more for him than we would. On the basis of his club form he would only sell for around 2 million but with his Scotland heroics behind him it could be much nearer five.

I think we can probably add a whole new defence after what we've witnessed at times this season. Hughes' reign at Rovers has been built on a strong back line up until this season, but this has got to be some of the worst defending since our days of Darren Peacock et al. I personally think that we may need upto 4 new faces in January, but I'd be amazed if we get more than a cheap squad player and perhaps a loan in.

The greedy Walker Trustees are asking a far too price for a club that has no prospect of ever making a significant profit. But they are only shooting themselves in the foot because now is the only time they are going to attract a buyer. And when as is inevitable Hughes leaves and relegation follows they'll look back with regret to not selling earlier - relegation costs and they don't have option of putting the club into administration.

If roberts is going in January, which now it looks like he his, which i feel is scandlous, we need to bring in quality because at the moment we have only 1 good forward in our team at the moment and that is Santa.

I would like Defoe or Anelka to come to us but i don't think we could afford either of them and they will probably not want to come to us anyway

No, we have two very good forwards. Benni hasn't suddenly become a bad player.
Indeed. We have an exceptional forward line. However, they're not getting any service from our powderpuff midfield. Benni's dropping far too deep and getting disillusioned as a result.

Here is what ESPN think :lol:

BLACKBURN

Outgoing: The explosion of Chris Samba onto the Rovers scene could spell the end for Andre Ooijer (Feyenoord); while the McCarthy/Santa Cruz strike partner could see Jason Roberts (Derby) move on. Out of favour goalkeeper Jason Brown (Reading) could also leave in search of regular football.

Incoming: Fresh from an impressive Champions League campaign Yssouf Kone (Rosenborg) could come in, along with German goalkeeper Heinz Muller (Barnsley). Still a little short defensively, Mark Hughes could also plumb for someone like Matthew Taylor (Portsmouth) or Lance Davids (Djurgardens), who can both play in a number of different positions.

If you wish to read the entire spread click HERE

No, we have two very good forwards. Benni hasn't suddenly become a bad player.

he might well be a good player, but if the guy is not intrested or wanting to pull his weight for the club, i don't want him here anymore. His attitude stunk yesterday, he is one lazy b------ and i hope he heard us all calling him yesterday a lazy b------ because quite frankly he deserved it.

That's the way to inspire a player. I really didn't see RSC doing much more than Benni, he simply scored goals. One of those goals was a wonderful piece of skill, the other two were simply frmo being in the right place at the right time.

That's the way to inspire a player. I really didn't see RSC doing much more than Benni, he simply scored goals. One of those goals was a wonderful piece of skill, the other two were simply frmo being in the right place at the right time.

which game was u watching?????????????????????

Well I personally didn't think Benni was lazy. I just think his decision to drop back into midfield hurts his game and he has been doing that quite regularly since RSC arrived. So yes, that is my honest opinion. In my mind neither were lazy, of course RSC had the better game, but I am still of the opinion that Benni is the better player. Although I like them both a lot.

Well I personally didn't think Benni was lazy. I just think his decision to drop back into midfield hurts his game and he has been doing that quite regularly since RSC arrived. So yes, that is my honest opinion. In my mind neither were lazy, of course RSC had the better game, but I am still of the opinion that Benni is the better player. Although I like them both a lot.

RSC over Benni for me, he is a complete player. He might not score as many , but he does score quite a bit, look at the records so far, RSC has scored more than benni and the rest of his game is magnificent also.

I doubted RSC when he came becuasue of his scoring record, as at the end of the day thats a strikers job , to score. But he has blown me away with his workload, its exceptional and its due to that why i rate him higher than Benni.

Benni attitude stinks, more often than not he sulks of down the tunnel , and generally gives the impression that he doesnt give a ###### about BRFC.

Had the better game :lol: From Blackburn's perspective he was the game, the man ran himself silly.

I really don't get it. I really just don't see this Benni sulking down the tunnel, never running or anything like that. I don't get it. Yes, I'm never there, so maybe the cameras choose to ignore this fact every game. Certainly he was very poor for the period before he was dropped, and there has been a slight drop off in the past few games, but he's certainly been no worse than the majority of the other players. This just seems to be a popular opinion ever since the Newcastle game. People seem to want to pick up on anything they can so that they can hate the man more. We don't even know exactly what happened there. It just seems odd to me that people really want to turn on, hate and sell one of the best players we have ever had.

I think you say players play poorly when they play poorly, but it is unfair what is happening to the guy at the moment. The entire team, except for RSC and maybe Friedel, were shocking, why is Benni on the recieving end of it?

I really don't get it. I really just don't see this Benni sulking down the tunnel, never running or anything like that. I don't get it. Yes, I'm never there, so maybe the cameras choose to ignore this fact every game. Certainly he was very poor for the period before he was dropped, and there has been a slight drop off in the past few games, but he's certainly been no worse than the majority of the other players. This just seems to be a popular opinion ever since the Newcastle game. People seem to want to pick up on anything they can so that they can hate the man more. We don't even know exactly what happened there. It just seems odd to me that people really want to turn on, hate and sell one of the best players we have ever had.

I think you say players play poorly when they play poorly, but it is unfair what is happening to the guy at the moment. The entire team, except for RSC and maybe Friedel, were shocking, why is Benni on the recieving end of it?

Im sorry, you sum it up there, you dont go to matchs for what ever reason , so as a result you dont see his general play i.e running back and amateur dramatics.

My reason being I live in another country, but I'm sorry, I've been to a lot of football and I know that whilst being at the match gives you a better insight, you still get a good idea of how players are behaving and performing from TV. I do know from experience that football fans like having a scapegoat and they like turning on players and it certainly wouldn't be the first time it has happened on this site either. Right now Benni is in the doghouse, so you're all going to look for every moment he stops running or every moment he rolls his eyes.

Archived