BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brown is not an established first teamer and is currently in the United side deputising for Neville.

Him demanding Ferdinand-sized pay would be very, very ambitious (and foolish).

However, if he does move on, he'll get a over-sized pay-packet at Pompey, West Ham, Man City - yup, the clubs with the philanthropic sugar daddies.

I agree with you.

Put yourself in Brown's shoes. You are an established Manc player (196 appearances) and versatile defender. Your appearances have been restricted by a bad injury record which has caused RFW to buy cover for you, not the fact that you are NBG. In fact RFW has called you the most complete defender in English footballer (five years ago). Your relative lack of appearances for your country (12) is down to your injuries and being at a club with full England internationals regularly sitting on the bench.

Now, I said Rio would be Brown's benchmark not that Wes would be asking for the same pay for the same work (he might be but....). If Brown considers himself to be contributing say, 70% of what Rio puts into Man U (and unlike Rio, Wes never missed a drugs test etc.), equal money for equal value says gimme £77K a week. After all Lucash gets £70K at West Ham....

At a realistic guess, Wes is targetting £60K to £70K and the Mancs offering £50Kish.

I agree with you.

Put yourself in Brown's shoes. You are an established Manc player (196 appearances) and versatile defender. Your appearances have been restricted by a bad injury record which has caused RFW to buy cover for you, not the fact that you are NBG. In fact RFW has called you the most complete defender in English footballer (five years ago). Your relative lack of appearances for your country (12) is down to your injuries and being at a club with full England internationals regularly sitting on the bench.

Now, I said Rio would be Brown's benchmark not that Wes would be asking for the same pay for the same work (he might be but....). If Brown considers himself to be contributing say, 70% of what Rio puts into Man U (and unlike Rio, Wes never missed a drugs test etc.), equal money for equal value says gimme £77K a week. After all Lucash gets £70K at West Ham....

At a realistic guess, Wes is targetting £60K to £70K and the Mancs offering £50Kish.

If a club approches Brown after the 01/01/08, he is eligable to sign a pre-contract and beacuse he is over 24 years old , he is allowed to move on a free in Mid-June. West Ham paid a fee because they didnt want to wait until Lucas's contract ran out, and therefore paid a fee for him a different situation. If a club wanted to sign brown in Jan transfer window, they would therfore have to pay a transfer fee as brown would still be under contract

Just checked Brown is currently on 30k and is demanding 50-55k, half the figure you have speculated in your original post. Check for yourself around variuos websites that are discussing it, we are speculating that he has rejected the contract in terms of wages offered, however it could length or he wants first team football like P Neville and Butt

For what its worth, Wes Brown has turned down an offer of £50k a week from Man U according to my sources.

And there is some unrest at Man U over wage disparities within the first team. The Glazers are basically sending down the message of quit moaning and authorised RFW to tell Wes he is pricing himself out of Man U. The Mancs have got a new hardman defender in their sights who can be bought on the never never and paid a smaller salary so they are not that fussed about Wes so long as he doesn't cause collateral damage in how he leaves. Newcastle have enquired.

Seconly he will be on Free,Neill was signed with 6 months left on his contract, we can sign Brown on a pre-contract ang get him for 0 in the summer.

I'm 90% sure that you can't sign players on pre-contract agreements from teams in the country. Any deal would have to wait until the contract had expired.

If that is the case, you should probably drop the smart-arse tone you've adopted in this topic.

Regardless of that rule, we wouldn't have a chance with Brown. The Neill transfer just shows how inflated wages get for Bosman signings, you could bet your house that a West Ham/Newcastle/Tottenham would offer a significant amount more to Brown for his services. We wouldn't go near £60,000 a week for him, yet there are a few teams in the league who probably wouldn't think twice about paying him that.

I'm 90% sure that you can't sign players on pre-contract agreements from teams in the country. Any deal would have to wait until the contract had expired.

If that is the case, you should probably drop the smart-arse tone you've adopted in this topic.

Regardless of that rule, we wouldn't have a chance with Brown. The Neill transfer just shows how inflated wages get for Bosman signings, you could bet your house that a West Ham/Newcastle/Tottenham would offer a significant amount more to Brown for his services. We wouldn't go near £60,000 a week for him, yet there are a few teams in the league who probably wouldn't think twice about paying him that.

I not the one pretending to have internal sources at Old trafford though am I?, i suggested tha he may be a player we look at because we will be able to sign him on free and the fact that our manager will know him, thats all. Im not one who is making wild guesses, assumptions and then trying to say that they have connections within Old Trafford

Might've been mentioned before, but apparently we've had two Norwegian on trial - Stefan Johansen and Anders Karlsen. Nordics, know much about them?

Karlsen, born in 1990, has made his debut for Norwegian side Bodø/Glimt in a cup game, and he's got 18 games under his belt for Norway under 16 and Norway under 17. A midfielder, who's also been on trial with Monaco. Johansen is a striker, born 1991. He also made his debut in the cup for B/G, and managed to score as well. He's also scored a lot of goals for B/G's 2nd team...

Bolton and Pompey wanted them on trial too, but Ernst Pedersen (father of Morten GP, and chief executive or similar at Bodø/Glimt) only allowed them to go to Blackburn, where he knew the facilities and the people working at the academy. Since none of them have managed to claim a playing role at Bodø/Glimt, I can only assume they are two of many trialists for our academy teams.

I not the one pretending to have internal sources at Old trafford though am I?, i suggested tha he may be a player we look at because we will be able to sign him on free and the fact that our manager will know him, thats all. Im not one who is making wild guesses, assumptions and then trying to say that they have connections within Old Trafford

Deloitte Football Finances Report 2005/6 (that is two seaons ago).

Average Premiership squad player across all teams was on £900k (that's £18K a week with known rises taking that average to £22K a week in 2006/7).

Man U's 2005/6 wage bill was £85m (nearly three times as big as Rovers and Rovers' wage bill was three times bigger than West Brom's which was the smallest).

So let's say four Man U players were earning the same as Ferdinand- they take £20m and another £15m was paid to the non-footballing staff, apprentices and football management.

That would leave £50m divided between 25 squad players or £2m each on average or £40K a week.

So you reckon Wes Brown, a first team regular when fit and 12 England caps, is paid £10K a week less than the 25 man squad average even after taking Ferdinand and three other prima donnas out of the equation?

I don't think I am the one with problems of pretence.

Deloitte Football Finances Report 2005/6 (that is two seaons ago).

Average Premiership squad player across all teams was on £900k (that's £18K a week with known rises taking that average to £22K a week in 2006/7).

Man U's 2005/6 wage bill was £85m (nearly three times as big as Rovers and Rovers' wage bill was three times bigger than West Brom's which was the smallest).

So let's say four Man U players were earning the same as Ferdinand- they take £20m and another £15m was paid to the non-footballing staff, apprentices and football management.

That would leave £50m divided between 25 squad players or £2m each on average or £40K a week.

So you reckon Wes Brown, a first team regular when fit and 12 England caps, is paid £10K a week less than the 25 man squad average even after taking Ferdinand and three other prima donnas out of the equation?

I don't think I am the one with problems of pretence.

For what its worth, Wes Brown has turned down an offer of £50k a week from Man U according to my sources.

Do i need say more on the pretence stakes ? just admit it you have as much clue as virtually everyone on this board little to none ( and i include myself in that ) Granted you do alot

More internet investigating than most on this board, but to suggest you somehow have contacts in Man United’s inner circle is frankly ludicrous.

I highly doubt that the likes of Fletcher, Kuzshack (spl) ,Foster are on anywhere near your proposed figure of 40k . Yet you seem to think that there are only 4 players at united players on around the same as Ferdinand; I would suggest that Giggs, Neville Scholes, Ronaldo , Tevez, Rooney are on around 4 million a season, with he likes of Nani , Anderson, Vidic, VDS earning not much less. So therefore your reckonings/assumptions are incorrect

As for your post regarding Deloitte, its again guesswork assumptions and your own opinion, which I am afraid I cannot take as concrete evidence. Many posters seem to fall in the trap of taking your assumptions as concrete truth because you write long , well constructed posts, yet your opinion is that; an opinion it is not fact. You do not know the ins & outs of the dispute as an earlier poster suggested; the problem may not actually be wages but rather RFW reluctance to guarantee Brown a place in the first 16

BTW Several reputable Internet sites including the official united message boards have suggested that Brown is on 30k a week

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but today's Sun claims we are weighing up a move for Sporting Lisbon's Swedish midfielder Pontus Farnerud who wants to quit Portugal and would be avaiable for around 800k.

Should have the rest of the Premiership trembling. Anyone know anything about him?

All of that statement is pretty much rubbish & guesswork. At a guess you have probably only seen Brown play a handful of times, he is better than Andre and at least on par with the Admiral.

Seconly he will be on Free,Neill was signed with 6 months left on his contract, we can sign Brown on a pre-contract ang get him for 0 in the summer.

Thirdly Who is going to pay Brown 110k? think about logically rather than applying your usual self opinionated assumptions. He will want a big wage my guess 40-50 k, but he is on free,

What baffles me is that you clearly watch little live football outside of Rovers games yet you have opinions on pretty much everything.

Please please please will you stop posting and go away?

You are a disaster for this messageboard. You are so transparently picking arguments with philipl on any subject whatsoever that your comments are worthless. And you are so far out of your depth it's embarrassing.

You are also partly to blame for the demise of the ICBINF section. There were times when I wanted to contribute from a similar perspective in ICBINF, but there's no way I would ever share a stage with such hopeless, poorly argued claptrap.

FFS take a holiday and come back when you've buried the ridiculous personal crusades and replaced the entire chip shop on the shoulder with half a brain between the ears.

philip, the words you have chosen there to summarise the piece haven't come from Rovers, they're an LT spin much along the lines of "Shearer I'm staying"

When I read the piece my first thought was, that's hardly an emphatic "not for sale" from the chairman. Those words cover him whatever the outcome. I always find JW picks his words extremely carefully in the Press so that there can be no come back on what he's said.

I would say Roberts future looks very much in doubt reading that.

I don't want to lose him particularly but if the manager won't play him and we can get back what we paid for him, he ain't getting any younger etc.................

It's not a straight forward call.

But Rovers chairman John Williams told the Lancashire Telegraph last night that manager Mark Hughes sees the Grenadan international as a vital component of his armoury.

He said: "I'm not aware of any interest and, in my opinion, we would want to keep him at the club."

I think that straight quote from the article is compatible with "Rovers are not looking to sell" and my brief one liner is hardly emphatic as you call it.

By saying they "will resist bidders" I was leaving open the implication that Rover might be interested in forcing the price up if buyers came forwards. If I meant "refuse all bids" I would have written that.

Whichever way we spin it, I think it would be fair to say that right now, Rovers are probably not out in the market soliciting offers for Jason.

Have you read something that is not there Rev?

Fair comment, I thought you were reading it as a definite "not for sale" indication. I think that's what the LT took it as.

I think "Rovers looking to force a desperate Sunderland into paying way over the odds for a player who's unhappy at not being in the side" might be not too far wide of the mark, if completely unsuitable as a headline.

The Times was reporting that Portsmouth are willing to sell a number of their players in January, including Matthew Taylor and Pedro Mendes. Now I don't see this happening in January, with so many of their players away on African Nations Cup duty, but a deal could be done for a future transfer. They are two very talented players and Pedro Mendes for me is one of the players most similar to Tugay.

James McFadden is another name in the press at the moment, linked with a number of clubs. Not sure what he would cost, but he's an interesting player in my opinion. Good technique, some pace ? and a decent left foot. Should not be our top target, but if he's cheap, could he be an alternative to Pedersen on the left?

Archived