BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

The NOTW is reporting today that Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce are set to open negotiations regarding a possible swap deal involving 30 year old Benni McCarthy and 32 year old Mark Viduka.

It's claimed Mark Hughes would want a "cash payment" in addition.

Just a bit.

:wacko::angry:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From skysports.com, Mark Hughes talking about the transfer window.

If needed, Hughes can always boost the numbers in his squad by recalling a number of fringe players who are currently out on loan.

"It is something I will be looking at," he said.

"If we are sending young players out on loan, we want them to play, so if they are not getting as many games as I feel they need, they are better off coming back.

"I would say a number of them will come back and hopefully we will get the benefit of that."

Who do you think he's talking about? Gallagher, Andy Taylor, Bryan Hodge and Eddie Nolan are the current outfield players on loan, as I doubt we're recalling Frank Fielding to replace Brad. And is he talking about actually playing them, or recalling them to make up the numbers?

Who is Hughes talking about? - good question. He suggests that some of our loanees aren't getting enough games but as far as I know, all are first choice at their respective clubs, barring Macky at Cercle Brugge who has forced his way onto the bench at a team that are doing exceptionally well in the Belgian top league (they're in the top 5).

Ooooooooooooooooooo, Mark Viduka.............

No thanks. Blue and white isn't his colour.

Viduka is one of those strikers that always seem to score against us (others include Keane, Saha, Heskey, Owen etc) which is why it was rather odd that Big Fat Sam with all his stats, still didn't start him when we played them a month ago.

Would like to see him at the Club, but still unsure if he's worth Benni in exchange, who looks set to be edging closer to the door with every match that goes by.

Viduka is a strong centre forward and has skills in abundance, however what I think we need is pace upfront, which would work well with Santa Cruz - if only there was a Bellamy clone.

Speaking of NUFC strikers, I've always liked Ameobi but he doesn't seem to have recovered from his latest injury.

On his day he looks a world beater , he reminds me a lot of Fred Pickering in his style of play, ( especially his powerful shooting ) and physique, but he has too many off days for me, two clubs below us in the league have off-loaded him in the last 6 months. Another thing , I'm not sure how he would fit in with Santa Cruz , we would again have two strikers whose first movement is towards the ball when we have posession in midfield, ideally you want one who will go towards the ball and keep posession and one who will move away from the ball looking for a pass over the top or into the deep channels up the flanks, come back Bellamy ?

Can someone please explain to me how much extra Sky money we recieved this season and why we have no money to spend now?

The club isn't making a profit on it's own before player sales, so I assume some money went in the coffers to cover that. Improved salaries are a rather significant part too. A combined raise of £40k p/w for the players who got improved contracts means £2m per year for example. Hughes and his staff got new contracts as well, which should be quite some too.

I still think there is money to spend if the opportunity presents itself, there's just no point in talking about how we need to strengthen now ahead of the holiday fixtures, with regards to both squad morale and driving up value of potential targets.

The NOTW is reporting today that Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce are set to open negotiations regarding a possible swap deal involving 30 year old Benni McCarthy and 32 year old Mark Viduka.

Swap him for Martins instead, if Sparky can teach him how to finish better he will be lethal with that pace.

Was thinking during the match, the time when we have to replace Brad is going to scare the living sh*t out of me.

Clearly, Hughes is frustrated by this recent slump. You can see that at the end.

He was done well with no funds, but I am guessing if he has little money to improve the squad (either in Jan or the summer), this will be his last season with us.

I don't know whether there is a lack of news and the same story is appearing in several places but Rovers are apparently going to pay £500k for Lance Davids.

Pompey's MGP equivalent, Taylor is attracting a bid of £5m from Boro, again apparently.

Everton fan on Davids

Lance Davids who's on trial at Blackburn. I previously tipped this player to make make the grade in England, and I also mentioned that this player would make a good signing for us! I really think Moyes should have a go at this player, he's tipped to be South Africa's next diamond. He plays for Swedish side Djurgardens FC. Still, should he impress boss Mark Hughes this week then he may win a dream move to the Premier League.

"It has gone well," he tells KickOff.com. "I am staying with Benni [McCarthy], so he has been making me feel at home. The weather has been pretty bad though!"

Lance Davids played for 1860 Munich, but opted to move to Sweden when 1860 got religated from the top flight in Germany. That same year he made his Bundesliga debut and was named young player of the year. His also named in Parreira's AFCON squad alongside Steven Pienaar for SA squad. Should be a great signing for us!

It's claimed Mark Hughes would want a "cash payment" in addition.

Just a bit.

:wacko::angry:

I would imagine we would be looking for serious money, c. 5m on top of McCarthy. The thinking I suppose could be that we get a quality player in Viduka and then can go out and get that pacy forward we desperately need.

Viduka could add some of the guile we lack up front but his age would be worrying.

The thing for me yesterday is we had no one putting real pressure down the channels which meant we couldn't stretch Chelsea at all.

Everton fan on Davids

Lance Davids who's on trial at Blackburn. I previously tipped this player to make make the grade in England, and I also mentioned that this player would make a good signing for us! I really think Moyes should have a go at this player, he's tipped to be South Africa's next diamond. He plays for Swedish side Djurgardens FC. Still, should he impress boss Mark Hughes this week then he may win a dream move to the Premier League.

"It has gone well," he tells KickOff.com. "I am staying with Benni [McCarthy], so he has been making me feel at home. The weather has been pretty bad though!"

Lance Davids played for 1860 Munich, but opted to move to Sweden when 1860 got religated from the top flight in Germany. That same year he made his Bundesliga debut and was named young player of the year. His also named in Parreira's AFCON squad alongside Steven Pienaar for SA squad. Should be a great signing for us!

He's also known as 'Pitbull' back home in South Africa.

Used to play cricket before opting to become a footballer.

Would be brought in as a possible future replacement for Savage/Mokoena

Archived