BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre Game Questionnaire.

ken

I run a forum at www.avfcfans.co.uk, I've posed a few questions for you to get stuck into, some pre Villa game, and some general.

Thanks in advance, and good luck Wednesday.....sort of.......

I'll add a link to our forum where the answers will appear, if you answer that is ;)

What do you think the scoreline will be?

What player you think we should fear?

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems?

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings?

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up?

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year?

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons?

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future?

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been?

What would be a good season for you?

What do you think the scoreline will be? 2-1 Rovers

What player you think we should fear? If Santa Cruz plays, which in all likely hood he will, him.

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Laursen. Guy's an animal. Good for a goal now and again too.

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? That crap pen that Barry converted last may.

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? Absolutely. More then father time Becks.

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? That's a loaded question, but for the sake of being a Rovers fan and the fact that he is, I'm gonna say yes.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? They certainly have their ups and downs like us, but Rovers seem to stay a little higher each time. That said, AV is having a very good start this time round.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Samba! :lol:

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? In a few seasons, i expect that to be a reality.

What would be a good season for you? Top 6

Cheers.

Santa Cruz worries me as well, what a signing he's been for you, is McCarthy doubtful? he would also be a worry, this is the player John Gregory was trying to sign for Villa for ages, and was frustrated by the work permit situation, we missed out there.

Barry converted a crap penalty? if I remember right your keeper blinked and missed it ;)

I run a forum at www.avfcfans.co.uk, I've posed a few questions for you to get stuck into, some pre Villa game, and some general.

I'll add a link to our forum where the answers will appear, if you answer that is ;)

What do you think the scoreline will be? 2 - 1

What player you think we should fear? Bentley

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Agbonghlahor

wWhat are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? Dont remember many victories recently, although a dodgy pen last season sticks a little bit. I do have a memory of rovers signing gordon cowans from yourselves.

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? Yes

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? No Not yet, but wont be far away come the end of the season

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? We are making steady progress without overspending and slowly improving. It seems you have been stuck in a rut for a couple of seasons now. Maybe with the finance and change of manager that will bring you more consistency

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Derbyshire

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? If we can make the most of our games coming up to and over the xmas period and still be withing shouting distance then anything is possible

What would be a good season for you? Good Season = European Qualification and a good cup run

2-2, Santa and Dunn for us, Carew x 2 for you.

Santa Cruz if he plays, also Benni if he is fit.

Barry, Abonglahor or Carew

Us beating you 2-0 at Villa Park, Flitty and Stead with the goals :)

Bench, yes, starting line up, only when in good form.

Not sure about the best, but within the top 5 certainly.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons?

Both teams have progressed well and look good for Europe.

Matt Derbyshire, Keith Treacy.

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been?

With a hell of a lot of luck, yes. Realistically we can just about steal 4th if we have an absolute blinder, the gap is too big for us to do it consistently though.

Good - Top 8. Excellent - Top 6. Incredible - Top 4.

And Benni should be fit, fingers crossed :)

1-1

Samba, by a country mile.

Barry. If he performs, he controls the game.

I came and watched us play you in 1994. I can't remember the score as I was young (I think it was 1-0 to us), but I definately remember my brand new denim rovers jacket got a cigarette burn right through it from the guy behind me...

Yes. Along with Warnock, Barry and Agbonlahor.

Quite possibly. Certainly the best value and he can only add to his game.

Sporadic, but this season seems to be going OK so far for us. You haven't had the indignation of relegation, but you haven't made too many headlines, either. I really think your time is coming though, with so many decent young players ready to mature.

Matt Derbyshire is the most obvious, but it is worth remembering Samba is only 23. Players we are expecting to come through include Rigters, Nolan, Treacy and Taylor.

If we progress at the rate we have been, we will be champions of all there is to be in a couple of years! Realistically, though, Sparky can only work with what he has, and taking into account our maximum possible attendances and a lack of substantial investment, I can't see us being any more than a team pushing for a stray Champs League place along with several other clubs.

Fifth. Or relegation for West Ham (justice), Birmingham (too big a club for the prem) and Bolton (GM rejects).

2-0. Sunday was a bit of a stumble against Fulham but we played well enough. I fancy us to return to winning ways.

Santa Cruz is a class act, probably better than most of us thought when we signed him.

I liked Agbonglahor last year but he seems to have improved again, adding goals and a bit more of an end product this year. Along with James Vaughen at Everton I think he's possibly an England striker of the future. If his name was Theo he'd probably be in the full squad already.

No Premiership meeting really stand out. I remember Savo spitting at your own fans at Ewood. I also remember when we won 1-0 at Villa Park the day Man U put 9 past Ipswich in our Championship season. The FA Cup game at Ewood in Pre-jack Walker 1990 was a good one., Rovers twice coming from behind to earn a 2-2 draw. Andy Kennedy then put us infront after 40 seconds of the replay at Villa Park but we ended up losing 3-1

Most Rovers fans will undoubtably say yes. My view is that he will offer more nowadays than Beckham. He can do the crossing but is also mobile and can get into the box. When was the last time you saw beckham arriving late at the back post?? However if everyone was fit I still think Aaran Lennon is the one that should play on the right. Bentley should definately be in the squad though.

Yes. Certainly the best value at £400,000. I can honestly say I would not swap him for any other central defender in the league. I know that sounds like a bold statement but believe me it's true. He's a collosus.

Our progress has been excellent since Hughes arrived. We've had a couple of cup semi finals and qualified for europe twice via the league. The problem now is the fact that the next step would be to break into the top 4 which most experts reckon is impossible. It's difficult to judge Villa. The Doug Ellis era must surely be dissapointing for you. A quick look at your record sees you've only finished higher than 10th once in 5 years. However the O'Neill / Lerner era is looking promising so far.

Keith Treacy is often referred to as the next Damien Duff. The young irishman hasn't broken into the side yet but, with MGP badly out of form, he might get a chance at some point. If your good enough your old enough and all that.

Unlikely but you have to have some goals don't you. It would need one of the top 4 to badly underperform. There was hope that Chelsea would implode after losing Jose but they seem to be back on track. Maybe this Benitez fued with Liverpool will open the door. Even then we would still have to outperform the likes of yourselves, Everton, Pompey and even Man City (!)

Finishing in the top 6 and a trip to Wembley. We're in the QF of the league cup at home to Arsenal's kids. If we get through, with one of Liverpool or Chelsea going out, we've a decent chance of being in the final. Once you get there anything can happen.

What do you think the scoreline will be 2-2

What player you think we should fear? Andy Todd.

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Agbonlahor.

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? FA Cup:3rd Div Rovers giving 1st Div Villa a fright.

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? Yes.

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? No, but he will be.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? Rovers very good under MH; Villa getting much better under O'Neill.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Derbyshire, Samba, Treacy.

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? No reason why not.

What would be a good season for you? Top 4 or 5.

What do you think the scoreline will be? 1-1

What player you think we should fear? David Bentley.

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Agbonlahor

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? I think it was in the F.A Cup, a Matt Jansen Hat-trick, 1-4 at Villa Park?

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? Well ahead of SWP, certainly

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? Nearly, Rio has had a good season for United, so has Laursen

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? Don't really know about Villa, bit of a stop start, looked good under DOL but then went a bit pear shaped. Rovers are going strength to strength and we're just hoping to break into that top 4 in the next couple of seasons.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Matt Derbyshire, good finisher.

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? Yes, in the next couple of seasons, if he's still here that is.

What would be a good season for you? Top 6 finish.

What do you think the scoreline will be? 2-1

What player you think we should fear? Santa Cruz - He is top class striker who has impressed since day one.

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Young and Agbonlahor have a lot of pace in their game and both are on fire at the moment so we have to make sure they see as little of the ball as possible.

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? Usually losing to Villa is usually more painful for me than most other defeats as my granddad has supported Villa for the last 80 years...he doesn't let me forget the scores!

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? It's tough because he has some great players competing for the same position. Beckham, Bentley, Wright-Phillips and Lennon are all great players who can offer something different. Bentley has the class but just needs a chance.

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? He has been outstanding since he signed for us and he will only get better. Samba has all the attributes to become one of the best defenders in the Premier League. If he carries on the way he's been playing then I'm sure he will definitely start being recognised as a top class player.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? We've done very well in the cup competitions and regularly qualify for European positions. Despite limited resources at Blackburn, we have bought some fantastic players who have made an impact on the Premier League straight away. We can only thank Mark Hughes and his team for finding such great talent on a restricted budget. We are also playing some great football at the moment. Aston Villa are definitely a team who have the foundations to be a top 10 club. They have a great stadium, a big following, a great manager and some quality players but they are also a team who just don't reach their full potential which must be very frustrating for the fans. Despite winning 2 cups in the mid 90's they haven't really done anything for the last 10 years.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? A lot of people are already taking note of Derbyshire but we have a great academy who have a few gems in the side already. Recently we had Keith Tracey make his debut in the Carling Cup. He's been touted as the next Damien Duff. If he's half as good as Duff was at Rovers then we'll have one hell of a player. We also have young Swede Martin Olsson at fullback who looks to be a decent player.

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? For us to continue to compete at a top level then we need someone to invest in the club to give Hughes the funds to really bring the top players to Ewood. Despite bringing in some top players for next to nothing, you won't find many Benni's for £2.5m, Samba's for 400k or Nelsen's on a free. There will be a time when it's vital that we have the financial support the rest of the Premier League clubs seem to have.

What would be a good season for you? A top 6 finish and a great run in the cup....and not having to lose our best players to other clubs!

I think it will be close. Villa are in good form and will be full of confidence after their result at Boro. They've also had an extra days rest which can be so important these days. That said though, we're a good team and are playing well in virtually every game at the moment. I'll take home advantage to get us over the line and a 2-1 Rovers win.

Our main strength is that we play well as a team and, as such, it's difficult to pick out individuals. However, Bentley tends to be behind most of our good work and consistently carries a threat to the opposition.

Agbonlahor's pace can hurt anyone and he seems to have that bit of steel about him that most good players have.

I really don't mean any offence here but I always think of Villa as a bit of a non-descript club. They seem to spend most of their time drifting along comfortably in mid-table, sometimes playing well, sometimes not, and it's not usually a fixture that quickens the pulse much.

I do remember though a cracking game between the two clubs in the late 80's at Ewood, when both clubs were fighting for promotion up to the top flight. We won the game 3-2 (with two goals from an on-loan Steve Archibald) but lost out on promotion in the end.

It depends on how England want to play. Bentley can cross a ball as well as anyone, in fact he's almost a carbon-copy of Beckham in that respect (although he's a lot more mobile than Beckham). So, if we play with a forward who likes to get on the end of crosses then he'd be a good option. However, he lacks the pace and trickery of SWP or Lennon, and consequently won't be as good in a counter-attacking team. He should definately be in the squad though.

He's not even the best defender in our team! Don't get me wrong, Samba has been a revelation ever since he joined and seems to be improving game by game, but I don't think he's as good defensively as Ryan Nelsen yet. Samba is more eye-catching though, particularly as he makes the occasional charge up field taking on defenders like an old-fashioned winger. He really has got the potential to be as good as he wants to be - but he's not there yet.

Our progress has probably been quicker, and I think we've progressed further, but both teams are going the right way. We both have good managers that we may have trouble keeping hold of in the years to come.

Matt Derbyshire is the only player to really break through from the academy in the last couple of years, although I still think he's a little way off commanding a regular first-team spot yet. It will be interesting to see how our youth team gets on this season as there have been a few rumblings about us having some talented youngsters - but that seems to happen every year yet the conversion rate from academy players to first-teamers is disappointing.

Realistically, we'd need one of the "big 4" to implode for us to have a chance. Thankfully, Liverpool look like they may do that, which could leave the door open for one of a number of clubs to sneak in. Personally, I think we'll be competing with Portsmouth, City & Everton as the best of the rest. Maybe Villa could be in that group as well if they strengthen in January.

5th in the league is a realistic target. We're in the quarter final of the Carling Cup, where we have a home draw against Arsenal's kids. If we perform to our maximum then I would expect us to get to the semi - and then who knows what could happen. We also got to the semi-final of the FA Cup last season and no-one will want to draw us again this year.

So, a successful season would mean European qualification. However, there's a feeling around the place at the moment that something special could happen this season, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see Rovers walk out at Wembley sometime next year.

Good luck for the season - after Wednesday.

Rovers 3-0 Villa

Bentley, Santa Cruz

Agbanlahor

Playing absolutely terrible and losing 3-0.

Now that Beckham is likely to retire, yes why not he's better than SWP anyway.

Definately up their with the best, but outright the best would be pushing it a bit too far.

Now they've got a good manager in charge, they've looked a decent outfit and could push for europe this season.

Derbyshire although I suppose he's not much of a youngster anymore. Olsson a young left-back is apparently one for the future.

I think it's definately possible if we manage to keep hold of Hughes and he is given the funds to strength our team, I see no reaosn why not.

Top Six finish, a good run in one of the cups.

2-1 (Bentley, Santa - Agbonlahor)

Bentley

Agbonlahor/Young

seem to remember a game at Villa Park a few years ago when Andy Cole chipped Peter Schmeichel...pure class

He deserves at least a chance to show what he can do as his form for us is outstanding

I wouldn't swap him for anybody...he is pure entertainment

European football 2 years in a row says it all...

Treacy and Olsson are huge talents, as well as Derbyshire who can only get better

Under Mark Hughes anything is possible

A great season would be top 4 and a cup win :-), although we will settle for top 6!

I always think goals when we play you so certainly won't be 0-0 , however you've not been bad at Ewood recently so anybody's guess - it'll be tough but I expect a win on home ground

SSW - Santa Samba and Warnock

Agbonlahor/Young

The cup replay and Andy Kennedy's goal before the game kicked off ( in my case anyway) :rolleyes: and the magic roundabout player father of Crouch - Ian Ermintrude - oh and of course the Archibald show at Ewood

He certainly should be considered and be given a chance

No - but he could be and certainly will be one season.

Better - although Villa seem to be picking it up now- which is not bad in itself as I think Villa could be one that could attach itself to the Big 4 tag if you get yourself sorted - good support and ground with the foundations to grow bigger.

My little lad Dominic :tu: currently - Samba and Treacy if reports are to be believed and Derbyshire

Hey come on ... this is little olde' Blackburn we are talking about here - but whilst we still have Sparky anything is possible.

Wemberlee and European qualification - The FA being totally cleared out and refreshed and the Officials actually being told to officiate a game with common sense with common sense rules being adopted

Think it'll be close, as I see both teams at roughly the same playing level. Hopefully Rovers can nick it.

Any one from Santa Cruz, Samba, Bentley, Freidel

Agbonlahor, Young or Carew

Can't think ot any at the mo.

After what has happened with the qualifying (or not) I definitely think he should've been given more of a chance in the friendlies to prove what he could do.

Don't think so, but he's right up there though.

Under Hughes, we've got to 2 League Cup semi's and 1 FA Cup Semi, European football via the league a couple of times. I think it could take a season or two before O'Neill starts to work his magic. That's if he doesn't leave for the England job.

Treacy, Olsson plus maybe a couple that are on loan - Taylor and Kane?

We've pushed it close before, and as long as we keep the current set up of players and management I don't see why not.

European qualification, which would mean a high league finish or a Cup Final appearance/win. And Big Club not to get McLeish and to get relegated! ;)

Welcome Ken. I'll have a pop at your questions.

I'll go for a Rovers win of course. We've struggled against Villa in recent years (even the 2-0 win the other season - Villa bossed the game and Sorensson pretty much chucked it in his own net twice - one of the luckiest Rovers wins I've ever witnessed) but we're so much better this season.

Benni McCarthy. His work-rate isn't the best but his finishing is outstanding!

Gabby Agbonlahor stands out as he's so bloody fast but I'll go for Gareth Barry. Our midfield is a bit of a problem area and there's a danger he'll run the game.

My favourite Villa game was in August 1997. I'd moved to Birmingham (Balsall Heath) about 10 days earlier and had a job interview at 8:30 the mext morning. We won 4-0 (a Sutton hattrick and a brilliant game from John Filan in goal), I shouted myself hoarse. Next day I still couldn't speak but was high as a kite from the win and croaked my way into the job.

Yes. He's not got SWP's pace but crucially can put in a decent cross.

Not the best but very good indeed. He and Nelsen (or Ooijer) remind me of the Ferdinand and Campbell partnership (back when they were good). One player with the pace, one with the greater awareness. It's a great combination and one Villa will find hard to break down.

We're gradually improving our squad and staying competitive among the European places. Villa have probably improved more over the past couple of years, but that could say more about the dire state of things at the end of Deadly Doug's reign. Still you're definitely becoming a force to be reckoned with, rather than perrennial 14th place (or thereabouts) finishers.

Matt Derbyshire. He's a local lad, lifelong Rovers fan, doing great for us and the U21s.

I'm confident we'll break the top 4 - if not this season then soon :)

One or 2 decent Cup runs and to qualify for the UEFA Cup again. Winning a cup or qualifying for the Champions league would make an awesome season.

1-1

What players you think we should fear?

David Bentley, David Dunn back after suspension and a long rest, Chris Samba

Young vs Oiijer

Not that many stand out, games in 94/95- Great goal by Shearer on NY day i think, after v nice build up play by camp Graeme Le Saux

Of course, give him a chance and stop booing him.

He will be, the media are starting to notice the guy-hence the excellent news about him signing a new contract.

Similar on the pitch success, but perhaps a little less reliable than us-feel you're always prone to slipping up against weaker teams as we used to be. I feel Hughes has cut this out from our play (with the exception of the Fulham game, Pompey rode their luck and eventually dominated against a sub standard Rovers). In terms of transfers, I can't understand the signing of Zat Knight-I think he's very poor and hope he gets found out tomorrow, but then again hes better than Ridgewell :rolleyes:

The same guys everyone else has mentioned previous to this post. Sergio Peter should be a star in the making, but has a questionable attitude according to most sources.

If Stephen Reid and MGP return to the form and fitness they showed in 05/06 we will be there or thereabouts this season.

4th/5th/6th. Onwards and upwards

What do you think the scoreline will be? 2-2

What player you think we should fear? Santa Cruz

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Agbonlahor, rate him quite highly and he's bloody quick.

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? Beating you 3-2 at home in 1988 after you'd just signed David Platt, Beating you 4-0 away under Roy Hodgson and beating you 5-0 at home when Savo spat at your fans!! Also one of my earliest memories was a 5th round cup game where Allan Evans scored at both ends in a 1-1 draw.

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? No, Wright Phillips is better...but only just

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? No, but he will be if he keeps improving.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? We've progressed more because we were shocking when Hughes took over. Plus if you look at the financial outlay of both clubs, our progress is even more impressive.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Samba's only a boy yet!! Derbyshire knows where the net is and let's not forget Tugay!!!

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? I think there's been a little too much made of one outside of the Big Four breaking into the CL, it won't happen. Having said that, when you compare our club with the rest of the clubs in the 2nd tier of the Prem, the fact that we are where we are is testament to how good Hughes and his staff really are.

What would be a good season for you? Top 6, good run in both cups. I have a sneaky suspicion that the manager is going all out for the Carling Cup this season.

All three results are equal probabilities but if both teams are playing at the peak of their ability, Rovers would shade it. However, Villa are on a roll and I think you will win 3-1.

The good thing about Rovers now, most players can produce match winning or match saving performances in virtually any match. Even Pedersen who is way below par at the moment is eventually going to get a pearler of a volley or free kick on target eventually.

Carew could find the weaknesses in Samba and Nelsen and we are in trouble, the pace of Villa's breaks are awesome and a lot of that is down to Young and Agbonlahor whilst Barry is a great player who is finally having a purple season.

Lots- the 5th round FA Cup tie in 1980 and the replay, being packed like a sardine when Archibald grabbed his brace, winning at Villa Park the same day as Man U smashed 9 past Ipswich, Sutty having a ball when we won at Villa Park 4-0, the 4-1 win at Villa Park followed by the abject 3-0 surrender in the League in the rain... Villa always are one of my favourite fixtures

Yes- the lad is much better than the available alternatives and if England were building for the future he'd get a guarranteed run of 5 or 6 starts to really bed in.

No- he goes walk about. Yes- he's so damned fast he rescues the situation. Yes- he's the hardest player, watch Carew bounce off him like a pin ball. Yes- he's going to score goal of the season this year, George Weah eat your heart out. Yes- when he gets his headers directed, Vidic will look a poor second best compared with Samba's abilities at corners.

Factually, Rovers has been the greater but I'd fancy Villa to be more likely than Man City, Newcastle, Spurts or Pompey to become a real threat to the Big $'s domination.

We hear plenty of names in the Academy, Reserves and with Cercle Brugge, our partner club but we know most won't make it. Matty Derbyshire was a very pleasant surprise when he burst through. We hear we have some of the best German talent at the club- one of 18 year olds has just made his debut for Germany u-21s. Only Olsson has made a proper first team debut and he looks a very promising left back but he's going to have to displace England's next left back (Steven Warnock) to get into the side.

Certainly

Average will be a semi-final and UEFA qualification through the league. Good will be winning a Cup and coming 4th.

2-1

Santa Cruz - hes top quality

Ashley Young looks like a handful, skillful and very quick

Its normally a decent footballing game against Villa - one game i remeber is the 3-0 win for us at Villa Park, the same night Dalglish left Rovers, our keeper had a blinder or it could have been 5-3 to you

Not yet, but he definitely deserves more than 5 minutes at the end of a friendly.

Yes (you tell him he's not)

Our progress has been fantastic under Mark Hughes - we've gone from certain relegation with Souness to a top-quality football team - spending comparatively very little in the process. Villa on the other-hand are difficult to weigh-up one season they finish strongly in the top-half the next they are struggling around the bottom 5-6 places. I guess from Villas point of view, with the investment you have had you really need to improve this season, and look to have had a decent start.

Samba, Bentley and Derbs are still youngster really, below them I dont see a glut of youngsters at the moment.

Only if one of the "top four" has a poor season, which given their financial muscle is becoming less likely every year. The only chance anyone has is to get a big investment and use the money wisely, i.e. not like Spuds

Finish in top 6 - so we don't have to go in the intertotototo cup, and another cup run.

0-0

What player you think we should fear ?

Samba, you just wouldnt want to meet him in a dark ally.

The one on the ball.

When Matt Jansen made his return after his Italian holiday.

No, why should he lower his standards.

Try telling him he isnt.

Weve both avoided relegation, what more could you ask for.

It's a secret, even the club doesnt know.

Given his pedigree, there more chance of my dog competing at Crufts.

Avoiding relegation

2-0

Santa

The Ref

Screaming as we lost by 3

Not as yet, he needs to come on a few more times at half time and such

If he was on any other team he would be on shampoo adverts by now

Our team seems to be catching more eyes while yours cruises around mid table all of the time. I believe this is due to most commentators willing us to crash and burn and them feeling that you have a right to be there.

Treacy and Olsson

I would like to think so, all we need is the finacial clout of a midtable team (this season) and we would have no problems.

European spot and a great cup run

What do you think the scoreline will be? 2-1 Rovers

What player you think we should fear? Santa Cruz

Which Villa player do you think will give you the most problems? Agbonlahor

What are your memories of previous Blackburn v Villa meetings? We lost i think. Dont really remember much about games we lost.

Do you think Bentley deserves a place in the England starting line up? Yes of course.

Is Samba the best defender in the premiership this year? Dont know about best but he is certainly the cheapest. Excluding those on free transfer of course.

How do you rate your progress compared to Villa over the past couple of seasons? Very good under the management of O'Neill this season your doing far better than last season but for us well we are going from strength to strength. All in all progress between us two is pretty much the same.

Which of your youngsters should we look out for in the future? Raffaele De Vita.

Given the pedigree of Mark Hughes, do you think it is at all possible for yourselves to be competing for Champions League football if you progress at the rate you have been? Yes.

What would be a good season for you? If we finish in the top 6 will be a huge achievement but top 4 is even better. To finish as high up in the league as possible so we get more money so we can buy a couple of decent players.

Most memorable game against Villa. Cup match in 1980 when we were in Division3. Late equaliser at Ewood for Villa then a mid week hitch hike to the midlands for a replay which we lost 1-0. The discredited West Midlands Police Force lobbing out numerous Rovers fans for singing Chim Chimenee. Had to pay to get back in again. They must have been on the take from the board.

Archived