BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage Speaks Sense Shocker

Savage says:

"I think some of the fans don't always appreciate just how successful the club has been over the last few years.

"It's only when you go somewhere else, and start speaking to other people like I have at Derby, that you begin to realise just how fortunate Blackburn fans have been.

"Considering the amount of money Mark Hughes has had to spend, what he has achieved has been nothing short of phenomenal.

"During the last three years, the club has finished sixth and qualified for Europe twice, as well as appearing in three Cup semi-finals; two in the FA Cup and one in the Carling Cup.

"That's a proud record, which most of the clubs outside of the top four would love to have, and when you look at the resources available, the club has no real right to do that."

Constant critics please take note.

Yeah.It's funny how newcastle,Birmingham ect go on about being a big club cause of there crowds.But i bet if you offerd them the sucsses we've had over the past say 15 years but they would only get crowds of 20 thousand they'd take it without hesitation.

I'm sure you're right!

Personally, I don't understand why a lot of our fans get so defensive when we're called a small club. It's such playground stuff really! My dad is harder than yours...

Savage says:

"I think some of the fans don't always appreciate just how successful the club has been over the last few years.

"It's only when you go somewhere else, and start speaking to other people like I have at Derby, that you begin to realise just how fortunate Blackburn fans have been.

"Considering the amount of money Mark Hughes has had to spend, what he has achieved has been nothing short of phenomenal.

"During the last three years, the club has finished sixth and qualified for Europe twice, as well as appearing in three Cup semi-finals; two in the FA Cup and one in the Carling Cup.

"That's a proud record, which most of the clubs outside of the top four would love to have, and when you look at the resources available, the club has no real right to do that."

Constant critics please take note.

This statement should be pinned to the top of the messageboard, and read daily by some of the reactionary crethins that post on here.

This statement should be pinned to the top of the messageboard, and read daily by some of the reactionary crethins that post on here.

Oi! I object most strongly to that statement AS! :angry: You must not refer to our esteemed members as 'reactionary crethins'! Shame on you.

............. It's spelt 'cretins'! ;)

Those being the key words.

However whilst we have done well in the past, past performance is no guarantee of similar performance in future as they say in financial blurb.

There is no guarantee at all that we will even survive in the Premiership let alone continue to thrive in the top half with owners who want out and who have seemingly withdrawn transfer funding from an excellent manager.

A version of which can be found here:

http://www.thebeautifulgroan.co.uk/blog/_a.../5/3208580.html

Thank God it doesn't manifest itself in league positions eh?

From that article -

18. Blackburn - 17.9m:

(Friedel - free, Emerton - 2.2m, Samba - free, Nelsen - free, Warnock - 1.5m, Bentley - 4m, Savage - 3m, Dunn - 2.2m, Pedersen - 2.5m, Santa Cruz - free, McCarthy - 2.5m)

Don't think I'll give that too much creedence.

Rev,

You're not telling anyone anything they don't know already, and indeed Savage's comments are a clear message that Hughes and his team, or another manager, can't continue to work miracles for ever, on the budget he has. You know that, I know that, Hughes, the Trustees and John Williams know that.

Rev,

You're not telling anyone anything they don't know already, and indeed Savage's comments are a clear message that Hughes and his team, or another manager, can't continue to work miracles for ever, on the budget he has. You know that, I know that, Hughes, the Trustees and John Williams know that.

So are they going to give him some ****ing money then? Before teh inevitable happens.

It's like Leicester - when Martin O'Neill was there, he said there were defying gravity, they didn't defy it for too much longer after he left.

There is no guarantee at all that we will even survive in the Premiership let alone continue to thrive in the top half with owners who want out and who have seemingly withdrawn transfer funding from an excellent manager.

Rev that is grossly unfair imo. We have spent the last 6 months since the end of last season fending off interest in our best players (Summer fears that we were losing McArthy, Bentley,Ped were thankfully unfounded) and improving the financial remuneration for our key players. I've opined frequently that the David Brown influence allows us freedom to trade but only within the 'valuation' of the squad. Despite this we have recently been linked with arguably the best striker in the country (although I am not under the belief that Sav and at least one A N Other would have gone to free up the finance) and we were strongly in for Bellamy's return only to be pipped at the post by Icelandic monopoly money. BUT the old adage does stand that money can only ever be spent once.

Archived