BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Backroom

This seems to be pushing free publicity and damage control combined with the odd ethical debate in here rather than recommendations now!

Still I find this thread as good a resource as any when looking for places to try

I agree...that dude B&W is taking the pisss...everyone knows where the dirty curry house is and everyone will decide for themselves if they should ignore the council's view on it...

Just because a couple of footballers went there...did Stevie G do the floor scrubbing?

A food hygiene rating of 3 is satisfactory. I can guarantee it's a lot cleaner than your local takeaway. If it's good enough for the England captain, it's good enough for me.

This seems to be pushing free publicity and damage control combined with the odd ethical debate in here rather than recommendations now!

Still I find this thread as good a resource as any when looking for places to try

OK Dokey......... You have a taste card don't you Tom? I recommend you have an early Valentines, eat at The Mitton Hall early next week and stay home on the 14th. ;) The staff are a bit pretentious but the food and surroundings are excellent. Bear in mind they limit it to two diners and it's 2 4 1 not 50%. If you have just one starter or just one dessert it's the equivalent of throwing the other away.

So I point out that one restaurant that has a food hygiene similar to that of Bukhara, but it gets deleted? Pathetic.

You know very well Blue n White that a 3 is unacceptable when they know an inspection is coming. They were warned rem when the first inspection turned up a big fat zero. Bukhara is widely held as the best Pakistani cuisine in the area and not some scruffy back street dial-a-curry joint or similar so surely they have a reputation to lose rather than make? For a restaurant with that reputation 3 should be seen by the owners as a failure, a disaster even cos no matter how much you try to defend it it is how I and a number on here seem to be viewing it.

If it was my business and I valued the business brought by English people I would be apologising and not seeking excuses. Heads would roll for the damage that staff slovenliness and slackness has caused to the business. The owner of the Sharzan must be p1ssing himself laughing.

You know very well Blue n White that a 3 is unacceptable when they know an inspection is coming. They were warned rem when the first inspection turned up a big fat zero. Bukhara is widely held as the best Pakistani cuisine in the area and not some scruffy back street dial-a-curry joint or similar so surely they have a reputation to lose rather than make? For a restaurant with that reputation 3 should be seen by the owners as a failure, a disaster even cos no matter how much you try to defend it it is how I and a number on here seem to be viewing it.

If it was my business and I valued the business brought by English people I would be apologising and not seeking excuses. Heads would roll for the damage that staff slovenliness and slackness has caused to the business. The owner of the Sharzan must be p1ssing himself laughing.

That is where you are making false assumptions. The restaurant was given a 3 initially, however with the certificates not present, it was downgraded to a 0. Then the certificates were shown to the authorities and the '3 rating' was reinstated. So 2 inspections were never carried out. Since then the restaurant has worked on how it can improve and are always implementing new ideas which is the responsibility of the management and one which I have full confidence in.

Also, another jam packed Friday night with a similar Saturday night in store again, as well as the added bonus of the England captain visiting, I know who has the bigger smile.

• Backroom

To be fair I've never been to Shajan and it been anything but jam packed

I know a lot don't rate it but its always been the one I go back to when I fancy a good Indian

Yes under normal rules, allyou can eat buffets are shyte. This is the sister restaurant to Chaophrya in Manchester and its real good thai food....well worth a visit. Chao Baby...

I agree with this I've been a few times and its really nice, not as good as Chaopraya though but then again it's not a table service restaurant.

Do you have a picture of Gerrard at the Bukhara? I have to say I find it hard to believe he would go all the way to a restaurant in between Blackburn and Preston as opposed to Liverpool and Manchester.

I do enjoy the food at Bukhara, but something seems odd...

Your time in the big old land of Oz is making you forget how small northwest england actually is.

Not really I was just over a few weeks ago and went to Bukhara for food one evening as well as visiting friends in Liverpool.

But there's so much in and around Liverpool and Manchester that again would be surprising that Stevie G would end up at Bukhara. Seems remarkably coincidental seeing as the restaurant has had bad publicity recently (which to be fair sounds like it has mitigating circumstances) and the poster in question has showed a soft spot for Liverpool FC before...

Do you have a picture of Gerrard at the Bukhara? I have to say I find it hard to believe he would go all the way to a restaurant in between Blackburn and Preston as opposed to Liverpool and Manchester.

Thought that myself, incredible curry houses in Liverpool and Manchester - curious

When my son lived in Southport we saw SG there a couple of times which is not a place full of great restaurants. Edited by Paul