BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Well I'm really surprised at that, I wonder if they'll now do the usual trick and change the name of the place to beat the adverse publicity.

0/5 - Shocked!

Seen as the owner is my uncle, I can clarify as to the reasoning behind this. The manager at the time was away in Saudi Arabia (Hajj), and they had a visit from the hygiene inspectors. The hygeine certificates for each employee are kept in the managers office cabinet and locked away. As part of the inspection they require to produce these certificates for each individual employee and my Uncle was unable to access the cabinet due to not having keys. For this reason, the inspection was given a 0.

However since then, another inspection has been booked and they are due to come round to inspect these certificates and the premises again. I was at Bukhara last night and assure you the hygiene is perfectly fine and the food is as brilliant as ever.

Seen as the owner is my uncle, I can clarify as to the reasoning behind this. The manager at the time was away in Saudi Arabia (Hajj), and they had a visit from the hygiene inspectors. The hygeine certificates for each employee are kept in the managers office cabinet and locked away. As part of the inspection they require to produce these certificates for each individual employee and my Uncle was unable to access the cabinet due to not having keys. For this reason, the inspection was given a 0.

However since then, another inspection has been booked and they are due to come round to inspect these certificates and the premises again. I was at Bukhara last night and assure you the hygiene is perfectly fine and the food is as brilliant as ever.

B&W: thanks for the explanation, the 0 mark seemed very out of place and one could only come to the conclusion that something was dreadfully amiss. Anyhow my past meals there have been good and I look forward to eating there again.....just make sure the keys are available next time or else we (me !) will think the worse.

B&W: thanks for the explanation, the 0 mark seemed very out of place and one could only come to the conclusion that something was dreadfully amiss. Anyhow my past meals there have been good and I look forward to eating there again.....just make sure the keys are available next time or else we (me !) will think the worse.

Believe me when I first heard about it, my reaction was the same as yours as I was in shock. I have been Bukhara numerous times and never has there been an issue with the hygiene as far as I am aware. However, once I got a chance to speak to my Uncle, he explained what had happened and said it was unfortunate that the inspector didn't show leniancy towards them by giving them an extension to produce the certificates (i.e. when the manager returned). I guess he was just doing his job and rightly so, refused.

Talking of Bukhara, I currenty have a new favourite dish and that is the Chilman Biryani. Must try next time you go!

Edited by Blue n White Rover

Believe me when I first heard about it, my reaction was the same as yours as I was in shock. I have been Bukhara numerous times and never has there been an issue with the hygiene as far as I am aware. However, once I got a chance to speak to my Uncle, he explained what had happened and said it was unfortunate that the inspector didn't show leniancy towards them by giving them an extension to produce the certificates (i.e. when the manager returned). I guess he was just doing his job and rightly so, refused.

Talking of Bukhara, I currenty have a new favourite dish and that is the Chilman Biryani. Must try next time you go!

Any chance of discount? :-)

Nobody has pushed Bukhara as being the best IndoPak cuisine in the area more than me so I hope this is a genuine reason and not an excuse BnWR. :rock:

However am I the only one to think that Allah chappie doesn't seem very grateful? Are you sure matey actually went to Saudia and not Amsterdam or Vegas? I'd take a peek at his passport if I were you. ^_^

Edited by thenodrog

Haven't you been there before Colin? With your mother I seem to rem.

Theno,

Yes, She likes it. So do I. It's a completely unpretentious place that isn't pretending to give you a "dining experiance" or any of that guff. It's quite refreshing.

You get shredded cabbage and carrots with your main course and to be honest, it's a change fom "a melange of winter vegetables" or whatever crap you get thrown at you and get charged £5 . Plus the bloke who serves you actually likes his job. I'll reccomend it. You've remembered me talking about it, I seem to remember another poster giving it the thumbs up too.

0/5 suggests there was a little more wrong than a couple of certificates locked in a drawer. Such adverse publicity?....nah, I'd guess its a filthy shithole.

So you've not been then?

I have, and whilst I think it's overrated on here, it certainly doesn't warrant that description.

I wonder if guessed are libellous?

Libellous?? It wasn't me that gave them 0/5 for hygeine....that was the council....

Face it mate, you've been going here for years and your @#/? off that it is officially unclean....

Yes I went there once....overrated and now officially dirty...wouldn't catch me in there..

Another incorrect assumption on your part.

And not even slightly keaned off. I could take it or leave it.

Theno - I can assure you that it was Saudi, otherwise I may need to visit Vegas for those dates he bought back, and I don't mean the women haha!!

Sparky, you do as you please. Full bookings every weekend and pretty much full every weekday clearly shows it's overrated. I'm sure you won't be missed. :-)

Oh, seen as we're in the food topic. Went to an Italian place in Batley, near Leeds called Godfathers. Absolutely brilliant. Big fan if Calzone and this was spot on. Do a wide variety of Pizzas all freshly made and do some lovely chicken fillet steak!

Theno

Oh, seen as we're in the food topic. Went to an Italian place in Batley, near Leeds called Godfathers. Absolutely brilliant. Big fan if Calzone and this was spot on. Do a wide variety of Pizzas all freshly made and do some lovely chicken fillet steak!

Well I never! A hallal Italian! Is nothing sacred anymore in this world?

There is an update in today's Evening Post. The inspectors have returned and Bukhara now has 3/5.

That is a massive negative imo and tells me much more about the place thna the original 0/5!

Only 3/5 after all that time and notice to clean up their act!!! Should be able to eat off the bloody floor down there right now. Not good enough really is it? imo it displays an extreme 'couldn't care less / the main of our customers don't mind too much about food hygiene so sod the authorities' defiant attitude.

BnWR..... your uncle needs to sack off that manager pronto and advertise the fact widely too! Otherwise they have just lost an avid fan!

Edited by thenodrog

That is a massive negative imo and tells me much more about the place thna the original 0/5!

Only 3/5 after all that time and notice to clean up their act!!! Should be able to eat off the bloody floor down there right now. Not good enough really is it? imo it displays an extreme 'couldn't care less / the main of our customers don't mind too much about food hygiene so sod the authorities' defiant attitude.

BnWR..... your uncle needs to sack off that manager pronto and advertise the fact widely too! Otherwise they have just lost an avid fan!

Certainly is not the attitude. The point will be raised the next time I am in contact with my uncle and hygiene is a very important part of the restaurant.

There is an update in today's Evening Post. The inspectors have returned and Bukhara now has 3/5.

Thats still not very good really, seems to point towards the issue being far more than some certificates locked in a cupboard.

I'll think twice before I go again.

• Backroom

Whilst I thought the food is good there and the lamb leg a mate of mine had was brilliant I've never been in a huge rush to return. I'll try it again one day but I didn't find it as exceptional as people on here seem to especially with the amount of options for Indian food around here.

Think if I do go again I need to go for a chefs special as I went for standard fare last time

As for takeaways I still find Balti house in rishton one of the best places for pizzas and kebabs, thankfully they will still deliver for free even though I'm in cherry tree now. Still not found a curry place that delivers here that's brilliant though, nothing even close to Akash in Accrington

Edited by Tom M