BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Another one word VUE .

go their regularly, never had any problems.

It is next to a heavily populated predominantly Asian area, so obviously there are going to be a lot of Asian lads hanging around(if that's what your getting at!), no different than having young white ladsNlasies hanging around shops, pubs, community centres, etc... in mainly white areas and there's always plenty of young white troublemakers hanging around Ewood on match days(many of which aren't even there to attend the game, there just drawn to the crowd).

You know this is for restaurant reviews/recommendations, not for discussing how your meat is killed. Please stay on topic

It would be ridiculous to start up a new topic for every little digression and it does normally come back around to the main topic(and the topic you pick up on is food related!).

Abbey....thenodrog....

Ever eat at KFC? Ever buy Bernand Matthew's products? Ever buy none free-range eggs?

1. Not for 20 years. 2. Not to the best of my knowledge. 3. I've got my own six hens tbh. They are proper free range not the pretend free range that retail outlets sell.

Anymore questions LeChuck?

Why not talk about the Norweigen nutcase that shot innocent people, or the nutcase that thought it was okay to kill innocent children in a school, or the slaughtering of innocent Palestinian children, or the same rape offences commited by Christian males targetting "white" underaged girls? Are these all part of the culture that you agree with? Don't see you mentioning them offences, is this because it wasn't carried out by an Asian or Muslim?

I most certainly would do if Hamilton and Breivik and all the perpetrators of those offences belonged to some intransigent and backward religion which condoned and all too frequently turned a blind eye to such evil.

.... And before you come out with more ill considere rubbish I am equally appalled by the Catholic church covering up decades.... no centuries countless sick offences by paedophiles masquerading as priests.

1. Not for 20 years. 2. Not to the best of my knowledge. 3. I've got my own six hens tbh. They are proper free range not the pretend free range that retail outlets sell.

Anymore questions LeChuck?

Nope. Just checking. :)

And at least I know who to ask when I get a place big enough to get my own hens now.

Theno isn't your favourite local restaurant Bukhara? Their meat is halal.

Indeed so rog. At least it was a favourite until I read last week that their standards of hygiens and cleanliness are appalling and their reluctance to conform even when warned an inspection was in the offing. I'd always much rather they had bought proper meat but at least it was my choice to eat there and not sneaked in through a back door lie as it is with the likes of KFC, Subway, Trafford Centre, various catering trade outlets, works canteens etc to appease the ignorance of the followers of the muslim faith on the basis that the rest of us 'won't mind'.

Truth is I've travelled to the likes of Turkey, Morocco, Egypt and eaten meat there is the full knowledge that it will be hallal..... Now ask me if I a. objected? and b. Had the temerity to expect them to change their ways to suit my principles. Something that most educated people would see as rude, ungrateful and ignorant.

Nope. Just checking. :)

And at least I know who to ask when I get a place big enough to get my own hens now.

2/3 hens would do you Lechuck I'm sure. Modern layers each produce an egg a day. For 2/3 you would need little room and you'd hardly put a morsel of left-overs into the wheely bin. Hens eat the lot and turn it into an egg the day after. They are just about the 'greenest' animal on the planet.

You know this is for restaurant reviews/recommendations, not for discussing how your meat is killed. Please stay on topic

All part of the same broad church.......... Or are you just running a little scared Daz?

....all you can eat buffet...trafford centre...top quality.....

Those words simply do not belong together.

Edited by thenodrog

I most certainly would do if Hamilton and Breivik and all the perpetrators of those offences belonged to some intransigent and backward religion which condoned and all too frequently turned a blind eye to such evil.

.... And before you come out with more ill considere rubbish I am equally appalled by the Catholic church covering up decades.... no centuries countless sick offences by paedophiles masquerading as priests.

Can you show me where in Islam it condones raping of girls? You seemed to point out the incident involving the taxi drivers, yet no comment on Saville in your initial post. If I didn't no otherwise, someone would think you have an agenda against Islam. Oh wait...

Yea its moved too across from the new market(i think its next too or very close to the roverstore), bit grubby still inside, the upstairs has big glass windows with a nice view over the cathedral grounds at the back or Church street at the front its great for just relaxing,people watching, not trying to kid anybody into thinking it fine dinning, just good old english cafe/diner grub with a decent brew or coffee.

I actually like Blackburn town centre now(not that i ever have any money to spend to warrent going there much), its as good as anything around here outside of Manchester in my opinion and puts the town centres of surrounding towns to shame.

(and i never seem to have any problems finding parking spaces!)

Edited by T.J.Newton

El Greco! - Now that's a blast from the past! I have great memories of many a Saturday afternoon spent in there in the mid 80s with a group of mates. We used to nurse a drink and sit and smoke near the back where we wouldn't be spotted by anyone walking past!

I must admit I never ate there though - preferred chips & gravy from the Hakeboat!

Gotta laugh at the ethical argument for industrialized slaughter.

absolutely, its just total hypocrisy.

you either eat meat or you don't, the only thing i try to choose is meat raised and slaughter in the uk(as we do seem to have far higher animal welfare standards than most countries in the world)