BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

has anyone ever been to rio ferdinand's restaurant in manchester? expensive food and only enough to feed a rat

Why would anyone want to go to a restaurant owned by a footballer? Presumably the same person who would like to see Heston Blumenthal at centre-back

Why would anyone want to go to a restaurant owned by a footballer? Presumably the same person who would like to see Heston Blumenthal at centre-back

Yes, I have been. But only because someone else was paying. Giggsey was in there with a nice pair of blondes and Steve "rat face" Kean was in the corner supping red wine and Bud by himself.

Seriously the food was very good..............and the wine. 8/10

If your ever in manchester...Cafe.Istanbul ..amazing kebabs and meze......top nosh after a couple....

excellent. 8/10

Edited by preston blue

Went to the Emporium in Clitheroe last night, was ok. Good food, average menu, poor service.

Glad I've been, but a tad expensive! Probably leave it a while til I go again.

Four of us went last night. Lovely place on three floors, packed and very nice food. Four starters, four mains, a bottle of wine, four pints came in at £95 which is reasonable enough. Will definitely go again.

Four of us went last night. Lovely place on three floors, packed and very nice food. Four starters, four mains, a bottle of wine, four pints came in at £95 which is reasonable enough. Will definitely go again.

I bought a wall mirror from there recently. I thought it expensive but the missus was dead set on it. I offered them cash for £30 less than the price.....and they accepted.

Morals of the story are:

1. offer cash for a discount; :tu:

2. do not expect the missus to give you any of the discount earned. :(

Edited by preston blue

Live in Clitheroe and it's one place I'd never dream of eating. Overpriced for what it is.

Just out of interest gumboots, where would you recommend to eat in Clitheroe? We quite often catch the train there for a few beers but I always struggle to find somewhere that's OK to eat in the centre.

Tried Inn at The Station, Maxwells, Emporium and Piccolino's - are there some hidden gems?

Funnily enough unless we eat at the station or Maxwell's we usually go out of clitheroe. Think edisford bridge is ok nowadays. They have a. 2 course early bird offer atm Mon to Thurs but haven't tried it. It's odd that a nice place like clitheroe no longer has the restaurants it had in the days of the auctioneer and browns bistro.

Went to the Tempest arms at Elslack again at the weekend. Place was heaving despite it being just after Christmas a time when most pubs and restaurants are feeling the pinch. Food very good again. Learnt from last time to avoid starters and just go for mains with the option of a dessert if you're really hungry.

Eaten there a few time, completely agree with the portion size point.

Went to the Wellsprings in sabden last night. Mexican / Spanish food. Nice atmosphere, brilliant starters , the main meal came and was also very very nice although the rice could have been better on the side. Sangria on tap too!!

Had quesadilla for starter and beef burrito for the main.

The missus had Chicken wings and chicken fajita.

Very generous portions.

Was a bit pricey, however it was two for one night so was very reasonable after discount. Well worth a visit.

Although next time I go will be on a clear sunny day in summer for the views. (Situated near the top of pendle hill)

how did you go about getting discount ?

Not been out much of late due to being unwell, but went to the Naga again on Friday at Abbey Village and the food is absolutely spot on. I would recommend the place for sure, its certainly a cut above the Darwen offerings we used to frequent.

They do a decent selection of fish dishes which keeps the wife happy, and a good variety of chef specials to wet the appetite, all round good fair.

Not been out much of late due to being unwell, but went to the Naga again on Friday at Abbey Village and the food is absolutely spot on. I would recommend the place for sure, its certainly a cut above the Darwen offerings we used to frequent.

They do a decent selection of fish dishes which keeps the wife happy, and a good variety of chef specials to wet the appetite, all round good fair.

Ahhhhhh the royal .. Where I was weened on bodies. Sacralige what they have done to it.

Went to The Wharf at Castlefield yesterday afternoon. A pub with a restaurant type setting upstairs and adhoc dining on the ground floor. Very good food, likewise the service and not too expensive. Plenty to choose from on the menu and a good choice of ales also. Had a couple of pints of Moorhouses, a strong dark mild, which went down well.

Nice setting by the canal across from Albert's Shed which is supposed to be an excellent restaurant as well. Will try that one another time!

• Backroom

Went to the Fieldens at Mellor today, mainly because I got a tastecard free through work and wanted to use it.

Very good food and great value with the tastecard. I got a ribeye steak with proper chips and peppercorn sauce, the wife got cheese and onion pie and the little one a tuna sandwich, we shared a side portion of garlic bread. Followed by the best cheesecake I've had in a long long time (and I love my cheesecake )along with a sticky toffee pudding for the wife. With 3 soft drinks the bill came to £45 reduced to £24 with the tastecard.

The card itself is normally £80 or so I think for a year but if you dine out a lot it would be worthwhile, there's a list of restaurants that take it online and they do have restrictions like most places won't accept them on a Friday or Saturday and its limited to a certain amount of people dining (6 per card at Fieldens)

I went to "The Hillcrest" in Mitton yesterday. My presence probably lowered the average age of the customers by a few years. Cetainly my daughter's age dropped it a few points. But it was really good.

The bloke who runs it is really friendly, the service & food were great. OK, it's not a big pub-night-out place, but probably one to remember

The LEP tonight report on hygiene scores from South Ribble Council.

The Bukhara at Salmesbury scored 0/5 !!!!

They must be a mucky, filthy place to score 0. Keep well clear!

He's the bloke off Masterchef isn't he? But sorry can't help on the actual question

Thanks Tom, just had a look on wiki and recognised his mush straight away. I hope he does a good steak, chips and peas.

Edited by preston blue

The LEP tonight report on hygiene scores from South Ribble Council.

The Bukhara at Salmesbury scored 0/5 !!!!

They must be a mucky, filthy place to score 0. Keep well clear!

Thanks Tom, just had a look on wiki and recognised his mush straight away. I hope he does a good steak, chips and peas.

Well I'm really surprised at that, I wonder if they'll now do the usual trick and change the name of the place to beat the adverse publicity.

0/5 - Shocked!