BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] P N E

Ben-2000

Did they?

I've never had a problem with Pne myself. Still, cant be nice seeing loads of your fellow townsfolk off to support your neighbors every other week.

They definately were...and do...Stand up if you hate Blackburn..etc..I went to a Preston match the other week as was up for a Rovers match and was very glad I did not tell them I was a Rovers fan...I had a spare day so as I had not been to Deepdale before I took in the preston match...It was very uncomfortable I can tell you..certainly glad I did not get into conversation about why I was at the match...Many Anti Rovers songs sang...I did not hear one about Bolton or Burnley or Manchester United...

I've got to admit I was surprised and that's the only reason I went...I thought there was not a problem between the sides...I made sure I was listening properly and sure enough it was all anti Blackburn..I would not dream of going to Bolton Burnley etc. as we don't like them very much and I would probably not get out alive.. but because of the cost of coming over I try to take in lower league games when I've got a spare day etc..I enjoyed Accrington Stanley not so long ago...

It was a shame that they scored an own goal in the last few seconds. I'm sure the dude on the line (Chaplow I think) will give Carter a good rollicking as he would have cleared it off the line with ease.

I'm always gutted to see Portsmouth go through. :(

My future Nephew In Law (If that is right) is a Portsmouth fan...He is delighted... :rover:

If he's actually from Portsmouth then make sure you lock your valuables up when they come to visit....oh and take down all your mirrors. They get upset when they look at their own reflection because they hate knowing how ugly they all look.

He is and has that West Country lilt.....He is quite a nice Lad actually...

They definately were...and do...Stand up if you hate Blackburn..etc..I went to a Preston match the other week as was up for a Rovers match and was very glad I did not tell them I was a Rovers fan...I had a spare day so as I had not been to Deepdale before I took in the preston match...It was very uncomfortable I can tell you..certainly glad I did not get into conversation about why I was at the match...Many Anti Rovers songs sang...I did not hear one about Bolton or Burnley or Manchester United...

Cobblers, 99% of Preston fans aren't bothered about Rovers. All the chants are having a pop at Blackpool and some at Burnley. "Stand up if you hate Blackpool" can sound pretty much like they're singing about Blackburn if it's what you want to hear.

And why would Preston fans sing songs about Man Utd?

Cobblers, 99% of Preston fans aren't bothered about Rovers. All the chants are having a pop at Blackpool and some at Burnley. "Stand up if you hate Blackpool" can sound pretty much like they're singing about Blackburn if it's what you want to hear.

And why would Preston fans sing songs about Man Utd?

Agreed. I've been a few times over the years as i live down the road and know a lot of PNE fans. I've never heard any anti-Rovers songs (other than when we have played them) over that time. There is the usual banter if you meet them personally but no great animosity - they haven't got time as they need all their energy for Blackpool hating.

I don't know - I went to watch them a couple of years ago when they beat Burnley 1-0. I was going to go in my Rovers shirt - but thought better of it. I was speaking to a few PNE fans at half-time, and they hated Rovers - and were very jealous of the money we had.

Watched it down the pub with a Nob Ender mate. I've a bit of a soft spot for Preston and felt sorry for them losing like that. Had to chuckle at their attendence though - with only 3 stands open and a Premier League club in town you'd expect a sell-out.

Watched it down the pub with a Nob Ender mate. I've a bit of a soft spot for Preston and felt sorry for them losing like that. Had to chuckle at their attendence though - with only 3 stands open and a Premier League club in town you'd expect a sell-out.

To be fair though, despite a Premiership team being there, the fans would still have to put themselves through 90 minutes of watching Preston play! :lol:

They played fairly well from the bits I saw of the game, a good few chances including a missed pen... but loved it when there player smacked the ball into his own net in injury time :lol::lol::lol:

They got two rounds further than us so not much to laugh at them about. :blink:

I thought Alan Irvine had them playing some good stuff and trying to knock the ball about. They certainly looked a much better outfit than when we mullered them pre season.

Archived