• Samba
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

This was a bit like the Villa game, but we won!

Four goals to one was an unbelievable scoreline when a draw would have been have been acceptable to many after an hour's play .

The game hinged on the penalties - a dodgy first one and a second that , had it not have been given , would have left most of us a tadge nervous at the end for Bolton were by far the better team at that point....

Man of the match ? Friedal I'd say on reflection and seeing the quality of his saves close up on the box afterwards .

Dunny ? Let's hope his fitness holds and he manages 90 minutes every game . Let's hope too that his ball control , which was awful on Sunday considering he once had England aspirations , improves also .

I'll re-assess McCarthy if his next 5 games or so are consistent with regard to effort and results .

Santa Cruz was very quiet . Hopefully he'll show his usual form away from home at Newcastle .

All in all we can play a lot better than this . To challenge for a EUFA or even an Intertoto place we'll have to.....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Four goals to one was an unbelievable scoreline when a draw would have been have been acceptable to many after an hour's play .

The game hinged on the penalties - a dodgy first one and a second that , had it not have been given , would have left most of us a tadge nervous at the end for Bolton were by far the better team at that point....

Man of the match ? Friedal I'd say on reflection and seeing the quality of his saves close up on the box afterwards .

Dunny ? Let's hope his fitness holds and he manages 90 minutes every game . Let's hope too that his ball control , which was awful on Sunday considering he once had England aspirations , improves also .

I'll re-assess McCarthy if his next 5 games or so are consistent with regard to effort and results .

Santa Cruz was very quiet . Hopefully he'll show his usual form away from home at Newcastle .

All in all we can play a lot better than this . To challenge for a EUFA or even an Intertoto place we'll have to.....

Dunny couldnt last ninety minutes versus Bolton yet the empty heads think he was man of the match.

Ninety minutes your having a laugh

If you love it, then give it, smile grebo smile!

Dunny couldnt last ninety minutes versus Bolton yet the empty heads think he was man of the match.

Oh DO shut up!

One thing I noticed, not sure what to make of it. Diouf picked up our little mascot who had got a bit lost, took him over to the referee and assistants to shake their hands, then gently put him down and made sure he was in Bentley's care. Now Diouf can be a most unpleasant person as we all know, but the way he picked that child up........

Diouf has apparently founded a childrens charity.

Something on radio Lancs about him being at the Derian House Childrens Hospice in Chorley today.

Credit where it's due.

Over all I think the win was good. I got really nerves when the second half started and we were just giving the ball away.

Bentlys goal was class and the setup by Dunny was superb.

Big brad was top notch as always and I hope this gives the lads a boost going into the NC game.

UP ROVERS!!!

Whats your problem with him. He is playing well? Why do you want him to fail?

Although Pedersen, Dunn and McCarthy have strugelled at times this season it is essential for us that they all perform well in the run in. They all had good games on Sundayso why not support them rather than stick the boot it?

By all means criticise when they play poorly, but to attack our own players when they do well is pathetic.

Something on radio Lancs about him being at the Derian House Childrens Hospice in Chorley today.

Credit where it's due.

Someone else who suffers from White Line Fever?

and JAL is anti-Dunn because he/she was against him from the start and therefore needs to be justified.

Me I thought it was a bad idea, although Im glad to be being proven wrong

Someone else who suffers from White Line Fever?

Haven't there been allegations of wife beating and general unsociable behaviour?

In any event, I seriously doubt it, unless 'white line fever' is an ailment where you have an agent who knows that his client's reputation is mud and wants to try to do something to make it look a little better in time for the next lucrative transfer/round of wage demands...

Credit where it's due.

To be fair, it's only two minutes' stroll from their training ground but anything that helps those poor kids and their families is very worth while so well done to the lad.

Though as DanLad points out, Diouff's reputation could hardly be worse and will surely benefit from this.

Whats your problem with him. He is playing well? Why do you want him to fail?

Although Pedersen, Dunn and McCarthy have strugelled at times this season it is essential for us that they all perform well in the run in. They all had good games on Sundayso why not support them rather than stick the boot it?

By all means criticise when they play poorly, but to attack our own players when they do well is pathetic.

No, far from it, i dont want to see David Dunn fail far from it.

For me its the overboard reaction on his (Dunny's) so called man of the match performance i try to look at it more objectively with a longer term view in mind which doesnt line up with the opinion that hes wonderful played brilliantly so on and so forth.

I know he was involved in both penalty's but the reality was they should never have happened in the first place, his one moment of skill though was when he set up Bentleys goal, now that is just what we need on a regular basis.

Its the consistency that i fail to see in Dunny and reading many other posters on here they do as well. His body cant take ninety minutes thats why i'm thinking he can't put in a good performance at Newcastle because seven long days might be too close for Dunny's body to recover in time and put in the required performance levels.

The start of the second half when Nolan and Campo stood upto Dunny and Reid really highlighted Dunny's physical short comings, his skill levels i have no problem with but his speed off the ball is far too weak. Kenny Dalglish wouldnt have tolerated it.

I know he was involved in both penalty's but the reality was they should never have happened in the first place

Kenny Dalglish wouldnt have tolerated it.

I didn't vote him as MoM but still i feel you should give him a lot more credit.

But they did happen and he did well to get into the positions to win them. God knows we concede so many pens that we shouldn't.

Kenny isn't our manager, Mark Hughes is and he trusts Dunny.

No, far from it, i dont want to see David Dunn fail far from it.

For me its the overboard reaction on his (Dunny's) so called man of the match performance i try to look at it more objectively with a longer term view in mind which doesnt line up with the opinion that hes wonderful played brilliantly so on and so forth.

I know he was involved in both penalty's but the reality was they should never have happened in the first place, his one moment of skill though was when he set up Bentleys goal, now that is just what we need on a regular basis.

Its the consistency that i fail to see in Dunny and reading many other posters on here they do as well. His body cant take ninety minutes thats why i'm thinking he can't put in a good performance at Newcastle because seven long days might be too close for Dunny's body to recover in time and put in the required performance levels.

The start of the second half when Nolan and Campo stood upto Dunny and Reid really highlighted Dunny's physical short comings, his skill levels i have no problem with but his speed off the ball is far too weak. Kenny Dalglish wouldnt have tolerated it.

you are a numpty, nearly all your post on this message board are slagging of David Dunn, lay off the guy will you for god sake, what has he done to you, that hurts you so much.

Dunn deserved the man of the match award on Sunday, he was outstanding and i think the reason he came off was only because the game was over and Hughes wanted to rest him for the Newcastle game

you are a numpty, nearly all your post on this message board are slagging of David Dunn, lay off the guy will you for god sake, what has he done to you, that hurts you so much.

Dunn deserved the man of the match award on Sunday, he was outstanding and i think the reason he came off was only because the game was over and Hughes wanted to rest him for the Newcastle game

Nothing! What about Friedels contribution.

So it wasnt that he was knackered

not bad with all the injurys he has had over the last couple of seasons. IF he only plays 60 or 70 mins a game and produces the goods like he did on sunday then i will settle for that.

Do you really think Dunn was crap on Sunday???

I didn't vote him as MoM but still i feel you should give him a lot more credit.

But they did happen and he did well to get into the positions to win them. God knows we concede so many pens that we shouldn't.

Kenny isn't our manager, Mark Hughes is and he trusts Dunny.

Mark Hughes has no other options available attack wise does he, other than a 36 year old Turk or the defence minded 'Axe'.

not bad with all the injurys he has had over the last couple of seasons. IF he only plays 60 or 70 mins a game and produces the goods like he did on sunday then i will settle for that.

Do you really think Dunn was crap on Sunday???

No i didnt think Dunny was crap, what i was trying to say is i didnt think he was or his game warranted a man of the match award.

yes Brad was on top form again, but i think Dunn's performance just edged it.

OK, other than the third goal what did Dunny do to earn man of the match forget the penalties because one was a refereeing error and the other a defenders error.

Sell it to me.

Mark Hughes has no other options available attack wise does he, other than a 36 year old Turk or the defence minded 'Axe'.

Again though that was Hughes' choice. He could have gone out and bought in January but thought that the options available offered the best value and could do the job we required.

Tugay is 37 btw and is not a bad option when he does this.

david dunn has improved alot-his fitness is getting there, his defensive work has improved alot-his passing is getting better, and it was his good running that got us our three goals..yet two were penalties that he won, but he got in them positions to win them, he was running at the players to win them-abit of credit couldnt go a miss..

Dunny clearly had a good game. I don't think anyone's got too effusive with praise for him, but given credit should go where credit was due.

I have the benefit of a few mates who aren't Rovers fans, but come along to a few games every season. They think Dunn's been solid and is clearly a Premiership-quality player. They've said they're looking forward to seeing the Dunn-Reid midfield develop.

ok thats your choice, but a lot of other people thought Dunn derserved it, so why do u need to slagging David Dunn off then?

Nobody on here for me has gone into great detail as to why they thought Dunn should have been man of the match other than for a couple of obvious moments. I'm afraid i need more convincing other than the third goal i'm struggling to remember anything significant that warranted MOM.

When it comes to criticism of players Steven Warnock deserves more much stick for his performance against Bolton at least Dunny made a contribution, Warnock failed miserably, cost us a goal could have been two had it not been for an offside decision.

Archived