• Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got finished watching it since they showed it on tape delay here in the states. I thought McCarthy had an excellent game even not considering his 2 PK goals. He moved the ball well and seemed very confident around the ball today. I thought the same with MGP today as well. He seemed to be playing with a lot more confidence today and not giving the ball away that much but instead creating plays. Hopefully this is a sign of the rest of the season for the Rovers.

This time it was very much a correct decision.

2-1, Benni. Very confidently smacked into the roof of the net.

That's how penalties SHOULD be taken.

I'm glad Benni did just that. Cut the flamboyant approach and make the opposition pay for conceding the penalty.

His work-rate was excellent in the first half. Well done Benni.

At times we played some good football, though Bolton were ripping us to pieces in the 2nd half. Very fortunate win, especially by such a margin.

Nonsense. Apart from the first twenty in the second half it was our game all the way. The ref was weak as Tuborg by the way. Hat's off to Dunny, MGP, and Benni. Send them back to the U.S. next week if they'll play as well at Newcastle.

Bolton: You've got to take your chances otherwise you end up in the Championship with burnley and Jon Stead - he was always really unlucky in front of goal as well wasn't he? Still nevermind eh? I'm sure Diouf ill stick around to help you out.

is "betnley" spelt like that on purpose? lol, i thought all the players had an ok/good game, the highlight had to be when Diouf got booked, when he was in a stress haha, bit gutting spurs won the cup as it takes away a UEFA cup place from the league.

I wish we were that efficient in front of goal every game, was it three shots at goal in the second half one a penalty yet everyone went in how good is that-Brilliant.

But the support play and supply upto MaCarthy and Cruz second half was bordering on nonexistant to atrocious how long how high did we want to play it. Nolan and Campo for me completely dominated Reid and Dunn in the second half until their withdawal but what a funny old game football can be as the second half was testiment to that.

Dunny and Warnock in that second half period of Bolton possesion looked like little lads lost but then Dunny made a great cross for.. whose was that lad who was playing on the right side for us to score the third goal.

Then comes Man of the match award for Rovers for me there wasnt one and thats a strange thing to say when your team has just won 4-1, for me know one was better than anybody else though one or two had less of an impact than others.

Praise be to Clattenberg for now.

I wish we were that efficient in front of goal every game, was it three shots at goal in the second half one a penalty yet everyone went in how good is that-Brilliant.

But the support play and supply upto MaCarthy and Cruz second half was bordering on nonexistant to atrocious how long how high did we want to play it. Nolan and Campo for me completely dominated Reid and Dunn in the second half until their withdawal but what a fuuny old game football can be as the second half was testiment to that.

Dunny and Warnock in that second half period of Bolton possesion looked like little lads lost but then Dunny made a great cross for.. whose was that lad who was playing on the right side for us to score the third goal.

Then comes Man of the match award for Rovers for me there wasnt one and thats a strange thing to say when your team has just won 4-1, for me know one was better than anybody else though one or two had less of an impact than others.

Praise be to Clattenberg for now.

Couldnt make the game today - London too far on a Sunday. What was the atmosphere like? Did we turn out?

Couldnt make the game today - London too far on a Sunday. What was the atmosphere like? Did we turn out?

Alright nothing special, first half seemed better than the second, towards the final whistle it looked like half the crowd had left the ground.

I don't know.

First Half was quite the most progressive football we have played for quite some and for once had all 10 outfield players contributing decent performances apart from a couple of wonky Samba moments. 51% of the play was in the Bolton third and we lead 8-2 on shots according to the half time graphics.

Second half we went under the cosh to start with but played a 20+ passing move which ended in as clear a penalty decision as you are going to get.

We then get two more with clinical finishes, the like of which has also been a rarity this season especially when you consider both came from pinpoint crosses.

So let's have a moan about winning 4-1. We are Blackburnians and whingeing pointlessly is our birthright.

I don't know.

First Half was quite the most progressive football we have played for quite some and for once had all 10 outfield players contributing decent performances apart from a couple of wonky Samba moments. 51% of the play was in the Bolton third and we lead 8-2 on shots according to the half time graphics.

Second half we went under the cosh to start with but played a 20+ passing move which ended in as clear a penalty decision as you are going to get.

We then get two more with clinical finishes, the like of which has also been a rarity this season especially when you consider both came from pinpoint crosses.

So let's have a moan about winning 4-1. We are Blackburnians and whingeing pointlessly is our birthright.

Philipl, Nicko is asking some big questions about Mark Hughes and his mangement team at this moment in time - do you not think hes right to question him.

A good performance today that left me with a massive grin on my face.

The first penalty was very fortunate as he clearly got the ball before taking Dunny out.

The first 20mins of the second half we were awful and could have easily thrown the game away then.

Second penalty was stonewall and a good calm finish after Notlob tried every trick to put him off.

Third and Fourth goals were cherrys on top of the cake. Great far post work from both wingers which is what we have been wanting all season.

Man of the Match for me was Benni for 2 calm penalties but Dunny was right up there.

I'm delighted with this win. It was great to see Benni scoring a few goals, which hopefully will lead to more. I was also happy to see Pedersen score as well. One of his strengths is his ability to score from midfield. We have missed those goals this season and when he isn't doing this, he doesn't bring much else to the team. But if he can get more goals from now until the end of the season, he is worth a place in the team.

The first penalty was very fortunate as he clearly got the ball before taking Dunny out.

The first 20mins of the second half we were awful and could have easily thrown the game away then.

Second penalty was stonewall and a good calm finish after Notlob tried every trick to put him off.

Third and Fourth goals were cherrys on top of the cake. Great far post work from both wingers which is what we have been wanting all season.

Agree with modes on those. Pleased that Pedersen notched. Looked a footballer again which should keep Jan quiet for a while - never a bad thing. His short passing is still awful though, so something to keep working on. And as a few others have said, no way that should have been a 4-1 - if Bolton had got in front, and they could/should have done in the first quarter hour of the second half, we'd have struggled to get anything out of that game. Good performance from Dunny btw, it looked to me like Bolton were determined to clobber him but he didn't react, only with a bit of graft and more creativity than he's shown all season.

I was sure EHD was booked in the first half, absolutely sure-I said to Chris I thought he would get sent off after such an early booking, yet when he got one near the end he stayed on? Was I wrong? Eh whats going on in my head??

He never got one in the first half. He just got a talking to, maybe 2 warnings. Seemed he should have been carded a lot earlier.

Archived