BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

Thats as silly as saying that Hughes got lucky with his signings.

Souness purchased quality signings for Blackburn Rovers FC, Brad, Neill, Tugay, Emerton, MGP playing a key role in the first 11 for Hughes. What he did at other clubs does not diminish what he did for Rovers, I would go as far as to say that he has been our most successful manager since Dalglish, based on him getting us promoted and winning a trophy, that is ofcourse IMO. :D

He did a brilliant job for us overall, until Duff left. But the original argument was that Ince was a great player and played for lots of tob clubs, so will know a good player when he sees one. That's what I was arguing against. In that context you would have to look at the whole of his career, and there's many stinkers on there. We got lucky with Souness because his signings were arguably much better for us than for his other sides, despite the odd stinker. With Hughes we were the only club he's managed to on current evidence at least he is still excellent in the transfer market.

Another argument against that is Wenger, look at all the talent he's scouted and he barely had a playing career. Too many people correlate playing career with management career and there really is very little link.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To what are you referringT4E? The fact that Ince has not played for those teams? Or that blackburn is now a football "backwater" which it now is unfortunately?

The first bit. Unless I missed his time at AC Milan?

Aside from the obvious, could you imagine Barton in a Blackburn side??? A marriage of our reputations and disciplinary records, he'd spend most of his time watching games on TV serving suspensions! What we need is goals. Despite our awful form we seem to create chances but never look like scoring. Cue Michael Owen. Reasonable transfer fee likely, lower wage expectations (?), annd a point to prove. If nothing else surely Ince has a decent relationship with him, and Fowler could actually make himself worthy of his own squad place by sweetening him up!

Good call there Jisty.

Good call there Jisty.

Yes, if you are are a bit of a fantasist.

Michael Owen will command a contract in the region of 80k p/w, he will wait till his contract runs out and join a big club on a big wage. Most clubs would gamble on Owen for no transfer fee. I think he knows this.

That is the most depressing article I have EVER read, about or by, ANY Blackburn Rovers manager

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. The sooner he goes, the better.

Worse than the double swoop signing, when were current Champions of this green & pleasant land, that our new signings were Adam Reed (20k was it?) and Matty Holmes? Especially when we lined up a double swoop for two relatively unknown Frenchmen with the initials ZZ and CD, who went onto to play for one or two clubs and have a reasonable international career. ;)

Someone I knew worked with Matty Holmes's cousin at that time, and he brought the newspaper in to show him; he couldn't resist laughing and said "why are you buying him, he's carp".....

I still going into palpitations whenever I hear that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' line.

As far as proven premiership central midfielders go, I would love to see us go for Scott Parker.

I think he is very underrated; he gets stuck into tackles, has a great engine and stamina, good passer of the ball too.

I think it's about time we spent a good amount to buy a quality center mdfielder, every top team has a leader in the middle and he'd be perfect.

Also West Ham are supposedly in financial difficulties and might have to sell some players, so we might be able to get for him for £7 or 8m maybe??

The money SHOULD be there for a signing like that.

As far as proven premiership central midfielders go, I would love to see us go for Scott Parker.

I think he is very underrated; he gets stuck into tackles, has a great engine and stamina, good passer of the ball too.

I think it's about time we spent a good amount to buy a quality center mdfielder, every top team has a leader in the middle and he'd be perfect.

Also West Ham are supposedly in financial difficulties and might have to sell some players, so we might be able to get for him for £7 or 8m maybe??

The money SHOULD be there for a signing like that.

i had previously mentioned that we needed someone just like parker, but i read he is injury prone?

Wouldnt be upset with Diouf here, would add some pace to our front

i had previously mentioned that we needed someone just like parker, but i read he is injury prone?

Wouldnt be upset with Diouf here, would add some pace to our front

I often wonder with someone like Diouf wheher it's the same as having Savage at your club?

i.e. everyone hates him except his own club's fans, where he is a hero.

Diouf obviously has talent, but is detestable as a human being after some of his actions over the years (loads of people dive, but spitting in people's faces is just the pits in my view)

I just couldn't support an 'orrible little man like him in a Rovers shirt - ever!!

Some rumour on the 606 MB that rovers being linked to Sunderland's Ex Bolton Spitting Diver thing and Leeds' Fabian Delph

we wont be having Delph anytime soon... HIGHLY rated youngster with top4 teams monitoring him for past couple of years, Leeds have said hes not for sale, as hes in their first team plans, however everyone has their price :)

Some rumour on the 606 MB that rovers being linked to Sunderland's Ex Bolton Spitting Diver thing and Leeds' Fabian Delph

The Diouf stuff is nonsense.

Delph is valued at £6 million...I don't think that will happen.

Might be an interesting name of a left back target in the People tomorrow.

seems like we have gone from a well run club, with no worries, hardly any debt, good chairman and a good team, to a club thats now going into free fall. its a sad state of affairs at the moment, that the chairman who many think is one of the best in the league, has gone and locked himself up somewhere.

I highly doubt Riise is the one, the media has exaggerated his problems at Roma, and he doesn't strike me as the type of man to give up easily. I don't hope he's the one either, to be honest, he's annoying as hell..

This means Warnock is central midfielder / leaving then.

Or left midfield, that's not the worst idea I've heard..

Archived