BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

Marc Janko - isn't he a lanky striker? So how would he blend in with Rocky, or is the unthinkable about to happen.

Assuming it's not and we finish up with two big lads up front - what happened about us needing pace in the side? Eternal pessimist me, but I just can't see how this fits in at all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Paul Ince,

I have recently been playing Fifa '09 in manager mode and have been taking the reins at Blackburn Rovers FC. Whilst doing so I realised I need some midfield flair. I searched high and low and found this player, Cesc Fabregas. I duly signed him for 4million Pesetas. I highly recommend you do the same.

Yours sincerley,

Absolute Nutjob.

:D LOL

This latest story just begs the question, why was the manager not backed in the summer?!

Marc Janko - isn't he a lanky striker? So how would he blend in with Rocky, or is the unthinkable about to happen.

Assuming it's not and we finish up with two big lads up front - what happened about us needing pace in the side? Eternal pessimist me, but I just can't see how this fits in at all.

This worries me too. Ince is on about the "trust fund" again so you never know maybe Ince sees the best way to raise the cash he wants by selling RSC.

I know its the wiki but some info on the man

Marc Janko

I always thought of RSC as the target with someone packing some guns in his legs, this rumour gets me thinking as much as the Schafer one.

Taken from the Guardian's report of the Wigan v West Brom match. Tony Mowbray's comments-

"There are players who would flourish in the chemistry of our team- somebody who is maybe not a workhorse, not good in the air, or doesn't suit their team's style of play. Someone playing in a team with a direct style of play who cannot get a kick, and the manager doesn't fancy him. Somebody with the natural ability to stick the ball in the net."

Any names spring to mind ? Derbyshire ? Gallagher ?

If we were to sell either of these two to a relegation rival we would be crazy.

Reading his last sentence it can't be Roberts .

RB who can play right wing, now where have I heard that before...

I just hope that Ince has realised that Emerton ain't up to the regular right wing spot.

Don't be silly. He probably hasn't even realised it's Wednesday yet. Anything like that is FAR beyond him.

Its quite interesting that IMScouting site, although Zavi must be earning a fortune off it.

I was reading the gossip pages, and stumbled over this kiddo

Zuculini

Now I have no idea if he's any good, but this is the type of player I want to see us try for. Young bags of potential, bags of enthusiasm and great tackling ability?

Zuculini Mad as Savage?

Man City are apparently going to offer £15million + Onuoha for Santa Cruz. What are people's thoughts on that? I would like to see a bit more money but if he does have a release clause it will be hard to get much more. I think Onuoha would be a decent purchase though whether or not included in the deal.

Man City are apparently going to offer £15million + Onuoha for Santa Cruz. What are people's thoughts on that? I would like to see a bit more money but if he does have a release clause it will be hard to get much more. I think Onuoha would be a decent purchase though whether or not included in the deal.

But will the money be used for new players or end up in the trustees Chrismas party fund? :P

Thoughts:

- Losing Roque will be bad for the club its as simple as that. We won't have the funds to replace him with a player of similar quality and if we are struggling in terms of the league it will further impact on trying to find a replacement willing to come to the club. Ince will not get all the money to spend from such a sale.

- I've never been impressed with Onuoha when i've seen him, more of an athlete than a footballer.

Losing Roque in January is a suicidal move and I hope JW and the manager can convince him to stay till June and then we sell him..

There is no way we can get in someone to make an immediate impact and you can be sure, all the money wont be spent on improving the team either, especially in the position we are in.

I cant remember which team it was a couple of seasons ago that sold its star striker in January and went down. Was it Charlton with Bent or Ipswich with him? Its a bit hazy but I seem to recall a team did it and went down right thereafter. Its a signal of the clubs ambitions at that moment.

Why would we want Onuoha, when Man City clearly don't? Let's not resort to taking cast offs as replacements for our best players. That really would be the end of the world. [maybe a tad OTT.]. :D

I would like to see if Sunderland are still desperate enough to buy McCarthy, and if Man City offer a deal at £20m it would be hard to deny RSC the chance to possibly win a game this season.

We need a good central midfielder and a decent right winger. Pull out all the stops for Pennant - see if the prospect of regaining his England place appeals like it did for Robinson. He may not be the best winger in the world but the gap in our squad is such that he is worth the risk.

Get rid of Fowler please, and tout Andrews to some championship sides. Maybe even throw Grella into that mix with Reid and Mokoena in the hopes of funding a decent replacement. Huddlestone is wel out of our reach now so perhaps we could include Tianio in some deal for Benni? Who knows - surely there is a better option than the abundance of squad players we have acquired.

Finally, should a good offer come in for practically any defender aside from Zurab and Warnock, we should consider it and look for some more quality. Unfortunately, quality costs., but it's what we are desperately lacking.

I would like to see if Sunderland are still desperate enough to buy McCarthy, and if Man City offer a deal at £20m it would be hard to deny RSC the chance to possibly win a game this season.

We need a good central midfielder and a decent right winger. Pull out all the stops for Pennant - see if the prospect of regaining his England place appeals like it did for Robinson. He may not be the best winger in the world but the gap in our squad is such that he is worth the risk.

Get rid of Fowler please, and tout Andrews to some championship sides. Maybe even throw Grella into that mix with Reid and Mokoena in the hopes of funding a decent replacement. Huddlestone is wel out of our reach now so perhaps we could include Tianio in some deal for Benni? Who knows - surely there is a better option than the abundance of squad players we have acquired.

Finally, should a good offer come in for practically any defender aside from Zurab and Warnock, we should consider it and look for some more quality. Unfortunately, quality costs., but it's what we are desperately lacking.

Yes quality costs and since we can't afford to buy it we should keep the best we have. I don't think any amount is big enough for Roque not because it wouldn't be a valid price for the player but because it sends out the wrong message. Pennant is not the answer to any question I can think of and I really don't want to see him in a Rovers shirt. He is not worth the risk because he has shown several times that he does not know how to behave and we don't need any sulky so-and-so's disrupting any team spirit we may have left. Get rid of Fowler, yes, I think most fans would go along with that but Tainio, no thanks.

Currently?

I wouldn't want to sell RSC but I couldn't give him any good reasons to stay. However a replacement must be guarenteed like the Fridel/Robbo deal.

Warnock and Zurab I would also want to keep as well as Olsson in preference.

I feel out of Benni and Roberts we only need the one, preferably Roberts as he seems to have some passion.

Treacey, Derbs, Tugay would be safe. Villnueva need consistant time on the pitch to prove his worth to turn loan into a signing, ditto Simpson. I like Robbo - he has kept his head down and seems to be working on his weaknesses. Unfortunately his biggest weakness at the moment is the lack of organisation in front of him.

So that leaves Ooijer, Nelsen, Samba, Pederson, Andrews, Grella and Fowler. Not one of these players has shown me they are any better than squad players this year so any decent offers for them I would consider. However, I wouldn't sell all of them, but certainy one defender, one midfielder and Fowler.

At the end of the day, we are stumped by lack of talent to buy and lack of funds to buy it with!

A serious question... Is there anyone you wouldn't sell?

A big offer for Zurab or Warnock..would that tempt you?

if i were the manager half of them would be out on their arses covered in pieces of their shredded contract.

on a serious note id take money for:

ooijer, brown, zurab, olsson, reid, pedersen, peter, rigters, mccarthy, fowler, roberts, vogel and maybe derbyshire. maybe equals to around 15 - 18 million.

completely strip the team to the bare bones and buy some quality, a defender (3 - 4 million), winger (5 - 6 million) and striker (7 millon) for the rest of the season and start fresh in the summer.

A serious question... Is there anyone you wouldn't sell?

Good question.

Players i would and would not sell:

Paul Robinson - Wouldnt sell

André Ooijer - Wouldnt sell

Stephen Warnock - Wouldnt sell

Christopher Samba - Would sell if a huge offer came in

Tugay Kerimoğlu - Priceless

Ryan Nelsen - Woul defo sell

Brett Emerton - Would sell, but only for a huge price!

David Dunn - Would sell if the price was right

Roque Santa Cruz - Not for sale

Benni McCarthy - Would sell

Vince Grella - Would beg to recoup the money lost on him..

Morten Gamst Pedersen - Would sell

Zurab Khizanishvili - Would sell for the right price

Johann Vogel - Would sell, but think he deserves better treatment by Ince

Aaron Mokoena - Would sell

Steven Reid - Would sell/release

Keith Andrews - Would sell for the right price

Robbie Fowler - Would drive him out of Ewood to a club of his choice

Keith Treacy - Would not sell due to his potential

Matt Derbyshire - Wouldnt sell

Martin Olsson - Would sell for the right price

Jason Roberts - Would sell for the right price 4 million plus

Jason Brown - Would not sell, a good number 2 gk

Mark Bunn - Wouldnt sell, good number 3 gk

That's a little bit drastic isn't it roverfanuk?

you'd sell 15 of that listed 24 = leaving 9 players left, 3 of which are goalkeepers.

Did i say i would sell them all in one go...? <_<

I believe i listed the players i would sell if a offer was received...

Archived