BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

rite, what do we do? up untill a few weeks ago, i was thinking the problem was just no bentley/replacement. now in not so sure?

im not so sure or defence is that bad, they cant just become bad after a change of a manager

with what ever money do have to spend, what should we buy a denfender or bentley replacement?

aha a fellow scot!

If we sell RSC and riff-raff!

we need:

A Right-Back- Torodinis or cheaper Finnan option

A centre-half - no idea.

A centre-mid - Appiah please.

An expensive right-mid - Kightly,Joaquin,Sanchez

2 Strikers - Janko,????,

Possibly another goalie, how come robbo looks an idiot at every goal we concede but yet gets no blame?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Newcastle to bid £5m for Samba, according to The People.

I know some of my fellow Rovers fans would say sell but i think we should keep Chris.

Chris is only 24 years old (young for a centre back) and should be getting to his peak when he hits his 30's. He has the qualities to become a top class centre back, pace, strength and height. As he gets older his positioning and decision making should improve as well.

No way would i sell Samba.

Samba is decent. he gets dragged into trying to cover for our slow back line and thats where most of the mistakes come from.

The article in the people has Nicko's name on it as well as another journos.

Wonder if he'll shed any light on it as it refers to a fallout between big Chris and Ince. The article also says Alan Smith might be off to Everton for 2m. Would anyone take him at that price. Article linked below btw.

Its also interesting that it refers to Newcastle being after a left back. End of the Warnock chase? Hopefully.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

I know some of my fellow Rovers fans would say sell but i think we should keep Chris.

Chris is only 24 years old (young for a centre back) and should be getting to his peak when he hits his 30's. He has the qualities to become a top class centre back, pace, strength and height. As he gets older his positioning and decision making should improve as well.

No way would i sell Samba.

Anyone else think Vejeany got his passport from the same place as Roger Milla - the only fella to play in a subsequent World Cup 'apparently' 2 years younger - no way is he 24.

Love his commitment and he's almost a cult hero in some ways, but he doesn't half have some "Dime bar?" moments - think he needs another more mature, leader next to him. Reckon he'll be joining the camel train down to Beswick meself.

Wonder if he'll shed any light on it as it refers to a fallout between big Chris and Ince.

I think the article means 'fallen out of favour' rather than in a hissy-fit way. Given his DOH-moments at Pompey, basic silly errors, he deserved to be dropped. However the replacements didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either :P

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Another "Rovers player to Newcastle" story from nicko.

There's a surprise.

Edit: If Ince and Samba did fall out, they must have patched it up pdq because he was straight back in the side 3 days later. <_<

If he can sort out his positioning he will be a brilliant player. Keep him.

There is nothing wrong with his positioning, he keeps getting dragged out of position trying to cover for Nelsen/Ooijer who are either too slow or not alive enough to danger.

There is nothing wrong with his positioning, he keeps getting dragged out of position trying to cover for Nelsen/Ooijer who are either too slow or not alive enough to danger.

Which is why we should be playing Zurab and Samba at the back.

Why do managers not seem to rate Zurab? Always does a good job when I see him. In fact he is our most underrated player.

Which is why we should be playing Zurab and Samba at the back.

Why do managers not seem to rate Zurab? Always does a good job when I see him. In fact he is our most underrated player.

I disagree.

Squad for Wigan should be:

GK: Robbo

RB: Emerton

LB: Warnock

CB: Ooijer

CB: Samba

RM (slightly forward): Cruz

LM: Gamst

CM: Tugay

CM: Carlos

CF: Derbs

CF: Benni

Reason i have said this in the transfer topic is because im replying to the quoted post...

I agree. Zurab's a solid defender, and I think our other centre-backs are just living off their reputations right now.

Carlos Vela would be a fantastic loan signing. Bags of pace, energy, and a decent finisher too.

Anyone else think Vejeany got his passport from the same place as Roger Milla - the only fella to play in a subsequent World Cup 'apparently' 2 years younger - no way is he 24.

Ok here's how it works, leave africa travel to a forgein country with no passport. Request to stay in the country, they ask your date of birth and what ever you tell them is your offical date of birth.

Check out some of the african players at everton playing for the under 14's 6ft tall ripped with lots of facial hair, all three born on the 1st of january and they reckon they are under 14. There are many loop holes that can be exploited in the game.

Sorry for not replying to the Samba-Newcastle question yesterday...been slightly distracted.

Samba was absolutely furious about being left out completely at Man U.

Newcastle United do want him...we will see how highly they rate him.

It is not the first time that Samba and Ince have disagreed lately. There was another occasion with a bizarre background.

I have not mentioned this anywhere.

Yet.

Just to remind the memory-challenged, the Newcastle-Warnock story was broken last summer by a reporter in the north east. I didn't think they would ever offer enough, but I did know the player was unsettled by the affair.

Zurab is injured.

As for calling for Carlos v Stoke ? The team of giants against a midget ? Please forget that one.

Rovers will need to fight for every ball, defend for their lives and hope beyond hope that we score first. Carlos is not the type of passenger we need onboard for that game.

Archived