BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But lets say it was summer, would you contemplate selling them all in that particular transfer window?

If offers came in for all of them in one go (unlikely). I would sell some of them, and keep others...

- Ryan Nelsen

- Benni McCarthy

- Vince Grella - As i said, to recoup the money were not getting back in the form of matches..

- Morten Gamst Pedersen

- Aaron Mokoena

- Steven Reid - Would sell/release as i said

- Robbie Fowler

- Jason Roberts

Ok, I was just asking.

Reason being as I think too drastic a change like that could possibly make things even worse. Selling alot of our first team and bringing in alot of new faces means it'd probably take quite abit of time for the players to gel. Time which, we all obviously know, we don't have.

What's the point in buying a 6'5 centre forward when we hardly ever get crosses in to the box due to having crap wide players?

Pace would be far more useful, opposition defences wouldn't be able to push so far up the pitch because they'd be scared of leaving space behind.

What's the point in buying a 6'5 centre forward when we hardly ever get crosses in to the box due to having crap wide players?

Pace would be far more useful, opposition defences wouldn't be able to push so far up the pitch because they'd be scared of leaving space behind.

he looks to be quite handy with his feet to be fair. id assume (hope) that ince is looking at getting a wide player or two who are decent at crossing in january.

Actually, we've produced some damn good crosses recently. Pedersen for Derbs on Saturday, Olsson for Benni against Spurs spring to mind as examples. Now I know that we haven't scored from that many but delivery has been getting better. Same for corners actually. If we get a decent right winger (yes, BIG if) then that option becomes more attractive and with Roque being good in the air too having a bigger striker alongside him to take the main focus of defenders could result in more chances dropping his way. Just get Pedersen in the box as well and you have a very potent heading strike force especially chucking big Chris up there for corners...

he looks to be quite handy with his feet to be fair. id assume (hope) that ince is looking at getting a wide player or two who are decent at crossing in january.

First thing I noticed from that video too. I haven't seen him play for an extended period of time, but to me, looks like a good finisher with his feet.

Spot on Le Chuck. I wouldn't touch this type of striker with a bargepole. We need pace and technical ability.

Good question.

Players i would and would not sell:

Brett Emerton - Would sell, but only for a huge price!

I know a few years ago we'd not have said so but this is one player I wouldn't sell for any amount. It's not just his energy we'd miss but he is as close to being an essential player as can be. If he goes it's a definite sign we are beyond the point of no return.

I know a few years ago we'd not have said so but this is one player I wouldn't sell for any amount. It's not just his energy we'd miss but he is as close to being an essential player as can be. If he goes it's a definite sign we are beyond the point of no return.

I have to agree. Emerton has IMO been our best player this season and i would not sell.

I'd look to get a right winger in and put Emerton back into his right back position. He is a decent attacking full back, especially on the overlap.

Manchester United defender Danny Simpson, who is currently on loan at Blackburn, says he will quit Old Trafford if he is not a first-team regular next season. (Daily Mirror)

Blackburn Rovers are lining up a move for former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan, who is currently playing in Spain for Espanyol. (Mirror)

With our current fitness team, he would miss every game. Its not a coincidence that teams like Newcastle, etc have injury problems whilst Hughes barely had injuries with players with past and future problems before and after they played for Hughes. He must be doing something right!

Priority must be a right winger and GOOD central midfielder though. Tugay is playing brilliantly, and no player in our team comes close to him. His passing, calmness, vision is still second to none and he stands out more and more in the last few games, cause the others levels have dropped drastically.

So does Nicko still think that we don't need a new central defender?

Yes, we could do with a bunch of signings but it is absolutely imperative that we sign a central defender with pace and composure:

Ooijer - slow and unathletic

Zurab - ditto

Nelsen - ditto

Samba, for all his failings, is our best defender.

I think West Ham would want a big fee, but if Rocky left then he would be top of my list to replace him, he just has a slight issue with injuries.

It's more than a 'slight issue' modes, there have been serious questions raised about his ability continue playing. We don't have the money to take a risk on that kind of player.

Finnan would be a decent short-term addition, but I'd be getting really worred about the average age of our squad since Ince took over; Fowler (33), Grella (29), Andrews (28)...the only 'young' signings are loanees and a reserve keeper.

The age of the squad was high under Hughes as well. It is difficult to buy young good players with no money and I suppose that's where Fat Sam comes in to his own.

I didn't realise it was that serious with Ashton, I thought he was just unlucky iwth injuries.

Archived