BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (den @ Nov 27 2008, 19:48 ) *

That is the most depressing article I have EVER read, about or by, ANY Blackburn Rovers manager

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. The sooner he goes, the better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Worse than the double swoop signing, when were current Champions of this green & pleasant land, that our new signings were Adam Reed (20k was it?) and Matty Holmes? Especially when we lined up a double swoop for two relatively unknown Frenchmen with the initials ZZ and CD, who went onto to play for one or two clubs and have a reasonable international career. ;)

Yeah, much more depressing than that. We had a good team at that point no matter who we brought in. Now we have a squad absolutely desperate for quality, and our manager is assuring us that he can go back to the second division for players, with confidence. ;)

I really dont think Ince will be here come January!Tomorrow is massive now!If we lose he might not even make December!

Theres rumours banding about that some parties have been approached to see if they would be interested in the job "IF" it become available!

I just knew this would be the scenario, poor decisions being made regarding signings and coaching staff!

So realistic targets?

Sam Allardyce Or Alan Curbishly!

Mokoena is one of the worst mids in the English leagues.

Wow. Even I have not been brave enough to say that...

However, I do agree that if Mokoena was placed in the midfield of a League 1 or League 2 team, there's an argument to say that he would struggle.

At least, in the Premier League, players have some time on the ball and, often, receive comfortable passes along the floor. In the helter skelter, kick and rush world of the nether leagues, you don't have the luxury of time in possession.

Which is why I was not surprised to see Flitcroft flop at Sheffield United (admittedly, injuries interfered) and Nils Eric Johansson didn't do very well at Leicester.

If Hughes had signed trialist, Amdy Faye, he would have got himself a better player than Moko.

Wow. Even I have not been brave enough to say that...

That's not to say he can't do a hatchet job when necessary though, and has done in the past :D . I think everyone would agree though, as an out and out midfielder, he lacks almost all the necessary qualities.

Might be an interesting name of a left back target in the People tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but why are we looking at pricey left-backs if were not intent on selling Warnock? We dont have the money to purchase players for positions we already have filled. Or is Ince planning on playing this LB at RB or something, i wouldnt put it past him... :lol:

I'm sorry, but why are we looking at pricey left-backs if were not intent on selling Warnock? We dont have the money to purchase players for positions we already have filled. Or is Ince planning on playing this LB at RB or something, i wouldnt put it past him... :lol:

I think he will be a replacement for Warnock,it was no secret that Warnock wanted to go to Newcastle in the summer,so he clearly doesn`t see his future at Ewood.

I wouldn`t be surprised if he moves to Man City in January.

I think he will be a replacement for Warnock,it was no secret that Warnock wanted to go to Newcastle in the summer,so he clearly doesn`t see his future at Ewood.

I wouldn`t be surprised if he moves to Man City in January.

And, no, it doesn't mean Warnock will definitely be leaving either.

:huh:

Jesus Christ.

He can't win.

Look, if the guy is any good, we will sign him. It is sensible to look at him again if he thinks he would be a good acquisition. I'd rather Ince gave people as many trials as he could rather than sign duds. It's not January for a while yet anyway, so doing more/another trial is a good idea.

Agreed but Ince over does it and pigs the trialists off. They go home disgruntled and sign for somebody else. Maybe he is a ditherer and hasn't the courage to make his mind up. He then finishes up paying good money for a cheap option who is not up to standard.

Agreed but Ince over does it and pigs the trialists off. They go home disgruntled and sign for somebody else. Maybe he is a ditherer and hasn't the courage to make his mind up. He then finishes up paying good money for a cheap option who is not up to standard.

So far he has not signed:

Annan- that good that no top European club signed him, last seen at another Norwegian club.

Castillo- on the bench at Everton and Nicko has seen him and agreed with Ince's judgement on the player.

Both players would have cost us millions- Castillo nearly £4 million pounds, I think Ince has done well with the triallists so far as he hasnt signed any!!

So far he has not signed:

Annan- that good that no top European club signed him, last seen at another Norwegian club.

Castillo- on the bench at Everton and Nicko has seen him and agreed with Ince's judgement on the player.

Both players would have cost us millions- Castillo nearly £4 million pounds, I think Ince has done well with the triallists so far as he hasnt signed any!!

Agree with you here imy9 on this account.

Dont think he will sign either Simpson or Villaneuva permanently if he does then hes definitely selling us short.

What's all this with Grella in the LT today? When we signed him it was 3 million euros, that went up to 4million (ish) in later reports. Today it's 5 million pounds in the LT.

It reminds me of the Villanueva price that started at 2 millionish and is now 5 million, what's the story behind this?

Maybe I'm being cynical but I think the board are manipulating the figures to suit a probable lack of cash made available in January.

Also if Grella did cost 5 million pounds, that alone is a good enough reason to bin Ince.

What's all this with Grella in the LT today? When we signed him it was 3 million euros, that went up to 4million (ish) in later reports. Today it's 5 million pounds in the LT.

It reminds me of the Villanueva price that started at 2 millionish and is now 5 million, what's the story behind this?

Maybe I'm being cynical but I think the board are manipulating the figures to suit a probable lack of cash made available in January.

Also if Grella did cost 5 million pounds, that alone is a good enough reason to bin Ince.

Yes, spotted this too, I think it's an LET charm offensive, bet on the lower figure.

Also noticed earlier the comparison in the LET with Hughes and Ince at this stage of the season and Ince shades it. No mention that Hughes took over a depleted, unfit, demoralised squad with almost no player of value left (Paul Dickov as main striker guys!).

This paper need to take a good look at itself.

Yes, spotted this too, I think it's an LET charm offensive, bet on the lower figure.

Also noticed earlier the comparison in the LET with Hughes and Ince at this stage of the season and Ince shades it. No mention that Hughes took over a depleted, unfit, demoralised squad with almost no player of value left (Paul Dickov as main striker guys!).

This paper need to take a good look at itself.

I've mentioned this a few times on the MB lately Prof, it's like John Williams is the editor of the LT.

Also noticed they don't print the league table too often either.

The 'we are broke'-propaganda is a conscious choice of tactics from Ince and the backroom staff, we DO have money, and they know it. I cling myself to that hope anyway..

Newcastle linked to Denilson at Arsenal, always liked him. Also, West Ham will sell players in January, am I right? How much would Scott Parker cost / earn? (that is, if he wanted to move)

It's not. Quite a good player, pretty expensive, foreign.

And, no, it doesn't mean Warnock will definitely be leaving either.

If Warnock is not leaving why the hell are we looking at another left full back when the top prioritys should be an outside right and a outside left and a creative midfield man.

Warnock is not a midfielder another decision of Ince playing players out of position when clearly it is not working.

Have we suddenly come into money that we can carry 2 very good left full backs and still have money available to address the most crucial areas of the team.I don"t think so going off our trustees lack of funding for team rebuilding over the last 5 years.

Get the prioritys right Ince or get your p45.

Archived