BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the next 2 games games are won Rovers have not a prayer of avoiding relegation. How many teams have come back from what would be almost a 10 point deficit on Xmas Day? And certainly not unless they have a player such as Tevez to call on. As it is, in January, Rovers will lose the one player who given a service just might score the goals to stay up. But we all know (apart from those in denial) that Santa Cruz has a transfer already stitched up. So the question then is whether it is worth wasting money in the January window as Derby did last season. They bought has-beens like Savage or mercenaries like Hossem Ghali and have since paid them off at huge cost. Surely it is better to accept the inevitable and sell any player for whom a reasonable fee is offered. Offers of £6m will not be forthcoming for players such as Warnock and Samba in the summer -more like £2m then. That way at least the club will have a manageable payroll and be debt-free in the Championship. Of course it will making for grim viewing as teams containing such as Ollsson and Kish are stuffed out of sight and maybe there might the occasional double digit scoreline. But then again would be they be any worse than existing rubber dinghy crew?

Think we should try for seb larsson or steven hunt in the transfer window.

Can't believe the time has come when a Championship club is more of an attractive proposition than us...but would either of those give up a 66% chance of automatic promotion for almost certain relegation.

There's no doubt they're better than what we have at the moment (and I'm saying that despite not liking Hunt at all).

Can't believe the time has come when a Championship club is more of an attractive proposition than us...but would either of those give up a 66% chance of automatic promotion for almost certain relegation.

There's no doubt they're better than what we have at the moment (and I'm saying that despite not liking Hunt at all).

True they would have to fight in a relegation battle. but thats where we are at now. we need to look for some tidy championship players who have cut it in the prem before. we should at least try for larsson, think he would be perfect for that right wing.

And now for the good news...

Aston Villa watched Roque yesterday and have decided against bidding for him.

Hadnt they seen him before? They're making that decision on one showing?! He's playing like a lump at the moment doing a really good impression of David Bentley in the last 5 games of last season. 'Wantaway' doesnt even begin to cover it. I doubt if anyone would fancy him on current form. Maybe he's doing City a favour by trying to look crap so they can get him cheaper, then has another wonder season scoring for fun alongside Robinho... :(:angry:

Pennant isnt interested in moving in January - We have been told not to bother bidding for him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20971002/

That is a sickening blow... he is the one player in our price range who perhaps could have made a difference. With genuine pace and balls into the box towards RSC with Derbyshire used as a Linekar type goal poacher we may have had enough to start picking up points.

It's all about confidence though and even Stevie Wonder could see the current lads have lost theirs. Sometimes an injection of a player with a clear positive approach or two can give everyone a lift, as we all know. But who else, apart from Pennant, but is similar in being pacy and direct, will be available?

For me, it's glaringly obvious that if we go some way to replacing the huge gap left by Bentley on the right, then the other players can start to get back to thinking about their own games and stop rushing about panicking and hiding from the ball.

Just to give everyone a example of how wastefull Mr Ince has been with the clubs money. If we hadnt bothered purchasing Grella (wouldnt have made a whole lot of difference), we would have only been around 1 or 2 million off being able to sign Kightly. A player who i think would be a ideal replacement for Bentley!

Just to give everyone a example of how wastefull Mr Ince has been with the clubs money. If we hadnt bothered purchasing Grella (wouldnt have made a whole lot of difference), we would have only been around 1 or 2 million off being able to sign Kightly. A player who i think would be a ideal replacement for Bentley!

Let we spell this out to you simply :-

Look at the respective tables then come back and tell me why would a Wolves reserve never mind Kightly would want to sign for Rovers from Wolves.

Get this player out of your mind, ain't going to happen....even if we had the cash.....which we haven't

That is a sickening blow... he is the one player in our price range who perhaps could have made a difference. With genuine pace and balls into the box towards RSC with Derbyshire used as a Linekar type goal poacher we may have had enough to start picking up points.

It's all about confidence though and even Stevie Wonder could see the current lads have lost theirs. Sometimes an injection of a player with a clear positive approach or two can give everyone a lift, as we all know. But who else, apart from Pennant, but is similar in being pacy and direct, will be available?

For me, it's glaringly obvious that if we go some way to replacing the huge gap left by Bentley on the right, then the other players can start to get back to thinking about their own games and stop rushing about panicking and hiding from the ball.

Take your point about a signing or two giving everyone a lift but it looks like someone has removed Pennant from our grasps thankfully. He would be just the type of player to turn up accept what is happening and take his cash without batting an eyelid.

PSV Chairman has been talking about bidding for Ooijer in January.

I think this could be a disastrous move for Rovers as if we get some decent management and coaching into Rovers, I could see Ooijer being the lynchpin at the heart of the Rovers' defence. Ooijer was outstanding in that role for Holland in Euro08.

Might as well close this thread as there is Sam's transfer thread going.

Thankfully, Ince will not be in charge of the January window so we can no longer worry about the MK Dons keeper arriving.

Oh and if there are a new Jay Jay Okocha and Ivan Campo out there, YES PLEASE!

Might as well close this thread as there is Sam's transfer thread going.

Thankfully, Ince will not be in charge of the January window so we can no longer worry about the MK Dons keeper arriving.

Oh and if there are a new Jay Jay Okocha and Ivan Campo out there, YES PLEASE!

Just mentioned on BBC breakfast that there is a clause in BFS contract that he cannot sell Santa Cruz.

Does anyone know how good Eagles is, say compared to the RW we where linked with in the summer.

According to there MB's they have lost a shed load of ££££ this last financial year, and may have to off load a few. :lol:

Not sure if the facecombers play him out wide or through the middle. Accademic to me, he is tainted and therefore untouchable.

Archived