BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the story with Zurab right now? Is he injured? He'd be the first CB in the side for me when available - he's the best defender we have.

Cost us the second goal against Sunderland might have something to do with it.

I personally think when Samba is on form he's head and shoulders (no pun intended) our best central defender. Problem is for every good game he has there's always a mstake ridden game somewhere inbetween. I'd say Zurab is definately our most consistent defender though and has a good reading of the game and is rarely caught out of position, his lack of pace is the only problem really.

Cost us the second goal against Sunderland might have something to do with it.

I personally think when Samba is on form he's head and shoulders (no pun intended) our best central defender. Problem is for every good game he has there's always a mstake ridden game somewhere inbetween. I'd say Zurab is definately our most consistent defender though and has a good reading of the game and is rarely caught out of position, his lack of pace is the only problem really.

Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is what a lot of Rovers watchers have been saying is what causes Samba's mistakes - other CBs bad positioning and his attempts to cover.

If thats the case, Zurab and Samba is a no brainer isn't it?

BBC gossip has:

Blackburn boss Paul Ince will move for Millwall centre-back Zak Whitbread - son of Rovers' chief scout Barry - if he survives the transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

Yes, saw that. Hopefully it's not true. Hopefully he's learning that signing players from the lower leagues only gets you one place, - the lower leagues.

Cheif scout reccommends his own son and Ince falls fall it!.................Mr Williams needs to get a grip I feel...........All through the last transfer window we had the Andrews/Fowler saga and 6 months later up pops another.....I was a Ince supporter but his taste for Players is very very strange..........

BBC gossip has:

Blackburn boss Paul Ince will move for Millwall centre-back Zak Whitbread - son of Rovers' chief scout Barry - if he survives the transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

Embarrassing for any Rovers fan how long will this farce carry on for.

I think, before everyone starts slagging PI off, you should consider a few things a) it might not be true B) he might be young and cheap and a good prospect c) he might be a really good player. At least stop and think for a minute about it.

The story is right and there has been a very recent inquiry. It's been ongoing for months, incidentally.

If truth be told the deal makes sense in one way - who is going to want to join you in January if you are stuck in the bottom three? It's something you have to consider.

The story is right and there has been a very recent inquiry. It's been ongoing for months, incidentally.

If truth be told the deal makes sense in one way - who is going to want to join you in January if you are stuck in the bottom three? It's something you have to consider.

Loan is the way forward in January Nicko, - not signing more lower league players ala Fowler, Andrews and Whitbread.

My how our standards have dropped.

Loan is the way forward in January Nicko, - not signing more lower league players ala Fowler, Andrews and Whitbread.

My how our standards have dropped.

I hear what you're saying, but this is a different season. There are a dozen teams in the relegation fight and four in the Champions League with three or four more in the UEFA Cup - so who is going to loan you a player in the top flight?

I think that is why so many foreign players have been looked at and one of two in obscure places.

Remember Nelsen came from total obscurity to be a big player in Sparky's first season.

This will apply to whoever is the manager in January.

I hear what you're saying, but this is a different season. There are a dozen teams in the relegation fight and four in the Champions League with three or four more in the UEFA Cup - so who is going to loan you a player in the top flight?

There must be many quality central defenders around European clubs who aren't currently in their first teams - and who wouldn't be averse to spending a few months on loan and playing first team football.

That's got to be better than bringing in more sub standard players on permanent deals? Do Ince or his staff have the contacts though?

There must be many quality central defenders around European clubs who aren't currently in their first teams - and who wouldn't be averse to spending a few months on loan and playing first team football.

That's got to be better than bringing in more sub standard players on permanent deals? Do Ince or his staff have the contacts though?

There could be foreign centre halves on their wish list...but I do know they have asked about Whitbread...so we will see who they end up with or not.

Archived