BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlos Vela.

Apparantly up for a loan deal as WBA are interested.

Anyone know if Bendter is going to be pushed out the door? I've heard a rumour Wenger wants the harmony back and Gallas and Him are the victims in Jan.

Where did Kightly to Bolton come from?

Somewhere on this Board quoted a rumour that Bolton were preparing a 5M bid for him

Wayne Routledge is doing brilliantly for Cardiff at the moment. If we're after a cheap-ish option then he could be one to look at. He's a natural right winger, he's got pace, he can beat man and chips in with the odd goal. He's still at an age where he's got improvement in him too.

He's not ideal, but if we're only working with about £5 million then he's the sort of player we need to look at. I'm not sure how much Villa would want for him but it couldn't be much, surely.

Bellamy is too old to be spending any significant amount of money on now.

I'm usually in agreement with almost everything you say mate, but I can't go along with that one. Bellamy is 29 and wont be 30 until next Summer, he's still a fantastic player and is the sort of player that Rovers have to be dealing in - infact he's in a similar position to the one he was in when we signed him originally.

I would love to have him back. If we got him, kept Santa and kept them both fit, those two would keep us up alone.

Thought we should have had a look at Routledge on loan last year when it became obvious he wasn't being used at Villa. No suprise he's getting some very good reviews at Cardiff. He'd certainly give us some much needed pace and would be an affordable option for us.

I'm usually in agreement with almost everything you say mate, but I can't go along with that one. Bellamy is 29 and wont be 30 until next Summer, he's still a fantastic player and is the sort of player that Rovers have to be dealing in - infact he's in a similar position to the one he was in when we signed him originally.

I would love to have him back. If we got him, kept Santa and kept them both fit, those two would keep us up alone.

As always with Bellamy that's the crux of the matter, on the Spurs/West'aaam game the other night it was saying he'd only completed 12 games in 12 months due to injury!!!

:o

Tbh don't think the Trustees would sanction a move for him anyway, he was apparently Sparky's top target 12 months after we sold him. Doubt he would come back either.

Fair point. I suppose, in effect, he could potentially be to this campaign what Andy Cole was to the last campaign that was heading for relegation. Providing he could keep himself fit, of course.

I don't think we'd have a chance of signing him without Hughes here though, wasn't that the only reason he came in the first place?

Fair point. I suppose, in effect, he could potentially be to this campaign what Andy Cole was to the last campaign that was heading for relegation. Providing he could keep himself fit, of course.

I don't think we'd have a chance of signing him without Hughes here though, wasn't that the only reason he came in the first place?

I think so - Hughes is undoubtedly what got him in the door. Now however he knows us and knows we're a good club, he's a little bit older, perhaps a little bit wiser, and he signed for West Ham happily enough without needing Sparky to be there.

I would have thought we'd have a good shot at him - and at significantly less than £5m, too.

I am going to lose my rag if we don't have a minimum of 8m for buys before sales. We sold Bentley for 9m, made a net loss of 1m on the Robinison/Brad swap, spent 4m on Grella, gained 2.5m from the loss of Hughes, paid 1m to loan Carlos with an option, paid about 1m total for Bunn and Andrews. That means net profit of 4.5m. On top of that we have all the TV money etc. and a pretty manageable wage bill, and the trustees promised an input of three million.

All I can think of is 5m is the budget assuming we are going to sign Carlos. I would say we are not going to do that given he is not much use in our crrent situation, so we won't out lay the 4m we need to spend. So maybe we will have 9 or ten million.

If this cub was run in the same financial way our peers are (admittedly through moderate benefactors pumping money is) like Wigan, Bolton, Fulham, Boro then we would have a minimum war chest of 15m, probabaly more.

Not that currently I trust Ince to spend it.

I think so - Hughes is undoubtedly what got him in the door. Now however he knows us and knows we're a good club, he's a little bit older, perhaps a little bit wiser, and he signed for West Ham happily enough without needing Sparky to be there.

I would have thought we'd have a good shot at him - and at significantly less than £5m, too.

I hadn't actually read that article before I posted.

If it's true that CB is available for as little as 5m (which I doubt) then we should be looking to pair him up with Roque, not looking at selling one to finance the other.

That's the sort of ambition which would fire us up the table and bring the fans back.

If it's true that CB is available for as little as 5m (which I doubt) then we should be looking to pair him up with Roque, not looking at selling one to finance the other.

That's the sort of ambition which would fire us up the table and bring the fans back.

To be honest I can't see Bellamy leaving to join a club in the bottom three and somewhere he has been before. You never know but it seems unlikely.

He is such an excellent talent on his day I think any team outside the top 4 would take him if he cleared a medical so I doubt we would have any chance if he seems to be regaining fitness.

well done the board 5 million to spend in january is a joke, were the hell has our money gone!!! Relegation here we come unless we get a serious backer in who will provide funds to the club to help us get of this mess.

but isn't 5million just tabloid rumours?

Well he went to West Ham for £7m I think, and as you say he's only played 12 times in a year, and they need the cash.

£5m should be the max we'll go to - we ought to start at £3m.

I find it interesting that as Philipl says some of the players are asking their agents to look at moving, if this is vetted right, it could prove to be a very good thing for Blackburn Rovers, as it could/should generate some much needed funds to strengthen the first team.

But I have absolutely no confidence in Ince or his team being capable of recognising the talent to come into the club judging by his signings so far.

£5M SHOULD BE ENOUGH

Archived