BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

Spot on Le Chuck. I wouldn't touch this type of striker with a bargepole. We need pace and technical ability.

Correct! hands down, However I think he's RSC's replacement.

Ashton is set to be sold. If Roque goes, he is the closest thing to Shearer that Ive seen in recent years and WE BETTER go for someone like him...Proven here and shouldnt cost more than 6-7 million pounds considering their problems.

No way on earth he's going for 6-7M surely. I like him and would rather see him than Janko even if RSC goes however, I get the impression that Ince wants to make a lot of changes to the squad and so if RSC goes and he is given the purse strings, i think we'll see several budget players coming in 3-4M max. I wonder who Ince has ear-marked for the exit door?

On finnan, surely there's better? Is he not 33 now? I don't think Emo is strong enough defensively but I'd rather have him back there at present.

If Ince is given time (please god no) I can see him getting shot of RSC and using that money if he's allowed.

On current form I think I would consider it too, especially if there's next to nothing to spend.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ashton or even Boa Morte would be a good addition to us from Wham.

not sure about Finnan though, would say yes if he can play central defence.

Not sure about Boa Morte. I used to rate him highly, he always seemed to play well against us, but he's gone backwards at Wham. I reckon their fans would carry him to Ewood. If we want a left winger I'd go for Steven Hunt, he's a fighter and first and foremost we need some players with fire in their bellies, as well as being pretty direct with a bit of pace. Finnan, I don't know- I'd play Emmo at right back and get a proper right winger in. Ashton, Good player when fit but can we take the risk ? Would he be the new Martin Britt ( that's one for the old timers). As for Simpson , he's not good enough for Rovers and never will be, if he thinks he's good enough for a place at O.T. he's hallucinating. Although Ollsen had a baptism of fire I still think he's got ability but he's not got the temperament for full back, in fact if he doesn't sort his head out he my fail by the wayside altogether.

The age of the squad was high under Hughes as well. It is difficult to buy young good players with no money and I suppose that's where Fat Sam comes in to his own.

Bentley, Samba, Dunn, Roque, Warnock, Mokoena...

all in their early-to-mid twenties when Hughes bought them. Everything Ince is doing seems very short term (old permanent signings and loan deals).

Simpson, Villanueva - both young

Robinson - 9 years younger than the last

Grella - Younger than Vogel

Simpson, Villanueva - both not ours

Robinson - granted, I didn't mention him on purpose

Grella - being younger than another memeber of the squad is no way to judge. If we signed a 37 year old would that be okay because he's younger than Tugay?

Anyone else starting to get the feeling Emerton is going to replace Bentley as the long-term RM, because it's cheaper to get a ageing RB..? :rolleyes:

Right now i would settle for that. Our main priority now is to strengthen our defence. Finnan is a very reliable RB and has lots of premiership experience. I think it would be a very good buy and i hope Rovers can make it happen.

Simpson isnt up to the job.

We also need a new CB, maybe even 2. Nelsen is past it and tbh i dont even rate Samba that highly.

It's more than a 'slight issue' modes, there have been serious questions raised about his ability continue playing. We don't have the money to take a risk on that kind of player.

Finnan would be a decent short-term addition, but I'd be getting really worred about the average age of our squad since Ince took over; Fowler (33), Grella (29), Andrews (28)...the only 'young' signings are loanees and a reserve keeper.

Fowler 33 going on 45, Grella 29 with a 50 year olds body, Andrews - HOW MUCH! oh dear dear dear.

Keeper is the one position we're alright in - Robinson, Bunn, Brown, Fielding and Nielsen are all great keepers in various stages of development. We need 2 centre backs, a right winger, a Roque replacement and ideally a cheap creative central midfielder who's halfway between a younger Tugay and a stronger Villanueva.

In an attempt to not think about Paul Ince, Robbie Fowler and the Carling Cup, I checked the online edition of the Tromsø local paper, to see whether there's been any progress in the Tore Reginiussen department. Which there hasn't, except an article where TR says he did NOT refuse another week of training with Blackburn, and that he would've stayed on for another week if Blackburn wanted him too. He is not sure whether Blackburn will offer him anything, and keeps his options open.

Archived