BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

But that opens the door for them to make a third kit.

Looking at this seasons kits, loads wear either all blue or all white, or a combination of both for home and away (Man City, Everton, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Wigan and Tottenham). While all these clubs have a third kit as well, only city have three kits which would arguably clash when playing against us (light blue, darker blue, white)!

Personally, I think keep the halves. I know they think we will just wear last seasons top, but ffs, get over it - tops are expensive for some of us to buy two new ones every damn year. And going off public reception so far, you will sell far halved kits than anything else. The makers have stumbled upon possibly the only cash cow we have and shouldn't let it go...

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just make next season red and white halves, or yellow and white, whatever they have to do, but keep the halves. The kit can be drastically different while keeping the half system and if anything, keeping the halves, will probably help sell more.

The smart marketing thing would be to keep the halved "DNA" as the Rovers-identifier.

Mind you, it would produce some pretty striking/unusual combinations after a few seasons, but why not brown and yellow or red and green?

I thought Bentley stated he wanted to be seen as himself, his own person and didn't want to be seen as a robot like every other footballer...

so, that ones out the window I'm afraid.

at least heel get to play with the big guns so he wont be leavin us this summer :P

A mate of mine works for Crown and he tells me the away kit is going to be all blue. I take this to mean either navy or a darker blue than royal. Shame if this is true as I think the halved design for the away kit is a winner. Still, what do fans know?
Your mate is right,all blue shirt but very dark blue, so,no yellows,reds,browns etc or even halved,they have to change every year even though this seasons red/black is the best seller,due to umbro contract,thats from a family member who works at umbro........................

Am I missing something here?

The reason for an away shirt is to avoid colour clashes with the home team. If they play in either white or blue then we have to wear an alternative shirt. There's no need if we are at Anfield.

When we go to Goodison then a blue away shirt is no good is it?

I'll agree with the comments that another halved combination would be a winner, but anything including brown would be a non-starter. Coventry did that some years ago. Not only did they play like poo but they looked like eleven naughty brown goldfish too.

Am I missing something here?

When we go to Goodison then a blue away shirt is no good is it?

Maybe everyone is missing something, if the club have an away kit that clashes, then surely it means an extended lifespan for the red and black halved shirt that has been so popular?

I remember the season we had a navy away kit (we lost at Derby on the opening day of the season wearing it), we still wore the red and black striped shirts as a third kit.

Why dont we play in bright pink Palermo style.

4rat20m.jpg

Yeah, perhaps it will help undo our bully boy tag.

Since we are putting forth opinions, I despise yellow, solid black or brown. Love the halved away kit, best I've seen, next favourite has always been the red and black stripes.

Archived