BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if thats the case they can stick the away one up their arse.

For the first time in years i bought both kits, as did a load of the lads i know.

If it isn't halved, i am not buying! :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Agreed.

The halved kit in English football has been and always will be associated with Blackburn Rovers.

If they get rid of the halved away shirt then what a shame that they didn't ask the fans before deciding as i'm sure the majority would want it to stay in that design.

It's been the best away shirt we've had in years.

I doubt that we'll lose our blue and white halves.

Taken from this thread by Revidge Blue:

It was said that this is a deliberate policy, that all Umbro shirts have a subtle (?) "DNA" or "strand" running through them to make them recognisable as such.

Next season it will be the same again with all Umbro kits although it will be completely different to this season's "DNA"

However it was also said that at the same time they are very keen to observe respect Clubs' heritages and traditions i.e. it is set out in Sunderlands' statutes apparently that the red and white stripes have to be a certain width and a certain shade of red. Celtic has to be green and white hoops - any fancy jiggery pokery they do with the "DNA" has got to be outside and not affect things like that and in our case it was said they wouldn't even think of altering the blue and white halves.

Well Mods; how about a poll on which one to go with (based of course on the idea that this information is solid):

I vote for the red.

And I don't like the idea of that white panel background for the Crown logo on the home kits.

I hope that isn't the case and they keep red and black halves. I loved that shirt this season and plan on getting one when Rovers have their normal end of season clear out sale on their online store as that's about the only time it's reasonably priced for me as an American college student. Don't have $70ish to lay down on it, but I got my 06-07 blue and white halved home jersey last season for about $25 with shipping last season.

Agreed.

The halved kit in English football has been and always will be associated with Blackburn Rovers.

If they get rid of the halved away shirt then what a shame that they didn't ask the fans before deciding as i'm sure the majority would want it to stay in that design.

It's been the best away shirt we've had in years.

Agreed,a continuation with the halved style away would be excellent but will the fans,the folk who buy the damn shirts, have a say like last season?

As ever,change the famous blue'n' white halves at your peril...not as though theres any chance of that! :rover:

As much as i like our current away kit, i wouldn't want us to have a halved away kit every season, a bit of variety would be a bit better in the long run. If we had a yellow kit similar to the one LATD looks to have created, i would be quite happy and would buy it anyway. Then again I buy our kits home and away every season even if i don't like the look of them, its just something to wear at games and when playing football at uni.

Archived