BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume our home kit is too similar to Evertons to use that as a complete away shirt..

If Bristol come up, don't they play in dark blue and white? Or am I thinking of the other Bristol..

You must be thinking Bristol Rovers, I thought Bristol City played in Red shirts

• 2 weeks later...
Hope we are keeping the red/black halves. :brfcsmilie:

I think it's been said that Umbro/Rovers can't do this as they need to shift as many as possible, otherwise people just keep wearing last seasons shirt and they make no money.

I have it from a well known source, I won't say the name but the initials are H.P, that our new away shirt will be like the England away. Our Rovers badge will be located in the middle. The shirt will be red and the lettering and numbers will be white. There will be a few black marks on the shirt (where the navy blue marks are on the new England away).

You heard it from me first. If i'm right then i'm psychic if not then i'll eat my source for breakfast!

Just have the shirts painted on the bodies of the players by our sponsor.

I'm sure the ladies out there would love that!

On second thoughts, we wouldn't sell many as I'm sure us blokes would probably need to keep off the beers for a few years before we buy our own crown paints painted shirt!

fat2.jpg

You must be thinking Bristol Rovers, I thought Bristol City played in Red shirts

Bristol City play in red

Bristol Rovers play in a half decent kit

here

or should that be a quarter decent kit?

My late Grandad was on the books at Rovers in the 1930's, and he always insisted that Rovers played in quartered shirts. Bristol Rovers, he told me, played in eighths.

(Sadly, my Grandad never made the first team. He was by all accounts a very promising wing-half [as they were known in those days] but his career was cut short by some brute who chopped him down one day in a practice match. Whilst I'm on the subject of football related family history, his wife's older brother [my great uncle] was the referee at the 1927 FA Cup Final - the last time Cardiff City were in it)

I've thought long and hard about this... but maybe our kit is the quarter decent kit because we have two sets of halves on the shirts, two on the front and two on the back.

This will start another fight. My brother in law is a Bristol Rovers fan & he's in Manchester this weekend, so I'll ask him.

Until then, stay calm

The away kit is very dark blue with 1 inch wide white and lighter blue stripes straight down the middle of it on the front. It looks fantastic. The black and red halves (or a variation on it) will be the third kit.

The home kit also looks fabulous. Really nice detail on what is almost a diagonal pinstripe effect running through the shirt. Umbro have done an extremely good job.

We just need to get rid of Sportsworld from the club shop now...

Archived