BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

Islam just needs to stop regressing to a bone headed, violent, intolerent, mysogistinistic dogma that all religions have been at one point or another.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islam just needs to stop regressing to a bone headed, violent, intolerent, mysogistinistic dogma that all religions have been at one point or another.

Why is it though? How many active and religiously-motivated Christian/Hindu/Buddhist terrorist groups are there in the world today, and how many Muslim ones are there?

There must be a reason for that, must be some difference. And the only one that makes sense to me is that the Koran itself is far more susceptible to the interpretation that violent conversion and inferior treatment of non-Muslims is acceptable.

I'm not religious but I do know that somewhere in the New Testament there's a quote from Jesus along the lines of treating other people as you want to be treated is the most important law to follow. That's a pretty unambiguous instruction not to be violent to anyone in the name of Christianity. Granted it took about 1,500 years (at least) for the idiot minority to listen to it, but does Islam give a similarly clear and resolute instruction to its followers?

I'll have to read the Koran one of these days but the current wave of violence would suggest it doesn't. And if it doesn't then there's little encouragement to think the idiot minority of Islam ever will stop regressing to the description you mentioned.

There's a section the Christian religion that has become almost as intolerant, yet not quite as violent. There are all those fundamentalists in the USA who often get linked with the tea party or evangelical movement, or the extremely homophobic African and West Indian churches.

Anyway, Judaism, Islam and Christianity confuses me. Essentially it is the one God, who is almighty and infalable. So why have we got three distinctly different groups, who have been spending most of the last 2000 years kicking the sh_t out of each other? And surely this perfect God would have got it right first time, and not needed to knock up Mary or talk to Muhammed.

I can't answer why Islam is becoming increasingly reactionary, stupid and vicious, but other religions seem to be becoming more conservative as well and wish to take us back to a time of ignorance, so they can control us and molest our children in peace.

Churches bombed in Pakistan, the attack in the Mall in Kenya, but while this was happening, the War in Syria and bombings in Iraq, 60 dead, Muslims vs. Muslims, Sunni Shia occurred too. Then, this spring, the government of Nigeria had to go after the Boko Harum seriously and you still hear news from that though there is a lot less of that.

So right now, it's hardly the 3 religions grouped together.

I suppose we can go back to 1050 for the Crusades or the 1500s when the Inquisition happened, really recent history and just lump them all altogether.

Richard Dawkins was on some show and I'm not sure, there was a faith based charity, feed the poor or feed the children being advertized he may have lent his support to. Feeding of the Poor, Christianity critics rarely mention this.

Then, in one century alone, Atheist systems like Communism killed more people than in the history of all religious wars. So, it is repulsive what has happened in the history of religion but godless regimes in the Soviet Union, China and North Korea have done far worse.

Norbert- What act of violence has the tea party committed? Can you name even one?

Audax- You are spot on. Godless regimes have done far worse in a fraction of the time. I wonder when athiesm wil be subjected to the same criticism as religion when it comes to the misery its adherents have inflicted on the world?

• Backroom

Norbert- What act of violence has the tea party committed? Can you name even one?

Audax- You are spot on. Godless regimes have done far worse in a fraction of the time. I wonder when athiesm wil be subjected to the same criticism as religion when it comes to the misery its adherents have inflicted on the world?

Atheism isn't a set of beliefs or an organised group so how could you possibly do that?

Atheism isn't a set of beliefs or an organised group so how could you possibly do that?

Plenty have grouped "religionists" together, as if there were no functional difference between Christianity and Islam. That being the case, tit for tat is fair play and I have no problem lumping atheists together- especially those who espouse the theories of Marx.

Just a response to Steve Moss. When I mentioned the Tea Party, it was in general terms of an increasingly conservative section of society that rejects or has issues with the secular mainstream, rather than sticking bombs in cars and that sort of carry on. I know there are religious nutjobs who bomb abortion clinics in the USA, and those in the Tea Party seem to be gun fanatics on the whole but I wasn't saying they go for terrorism. They use legal means like going on the TV/internet, listening to podcasts from Donald Trump, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin and raising funds for political figures who some would say are.......eccentric.

I discount that Westboro Baptist Church lot as they are just a complete bunch of mentals.

The 2 scumbags that killed lee Rigby have pleaded not guilty, they obviously want the platform of a day out in court

So another few tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds they'll be costing the country going through that pointless farce. Their families emigrated here to provide them with better opportunities and the chance to have a decent education, which they both made full use of right up to university level (again at the cost of the country). And since then that traitorous scumbag Adebolajo has spent 7 years doing everything he can to incite hatred, violence and opposition to the values of the country. Culminating in one of the most disgusting, evil acts committed on our streets in the last century.

The level of traitorousness, unappreciation and downright vile barbarity is incredible. Don't disagree with the 2 posts a bit up but the fact that UAF had this terrorist maniac speaking at one of their rallies illustrates some context as to how bad the EDL actually are in comparison to their farcically alleged anti-fascist opposition.

Personally I'd be more than happy for the title of this thread to apply to these 2 creatures.

Lock them up and let them rot. Just because they committed a barbaric act does not justify the state doing the same.

Rubbish. There is no such thing as 'locking them up and letting them rot' in UK prisons these days. If you really want them to rot then the quickest way is to pull their necks out.

Rubbish. There is no such thing as 'locking them up and letting them rot' in UK prisons these days. If you really want them to rot then the quickest way is to pull their necks out.

Turns them into martyrs though Gord, they'd be off to their non existent prophet for rubber dinghy rapids etc.

Give 'em hard labour on Dartmoor in the rain and snow

Jim MK2's wikipedia article could also be read to say Europe is "civilised" but the rest of the world is very mixed on the issue.

It's interesting Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados continue to maintain the Death Penalty, former colonies while moving to South America, Venezuela appears to be the first country in the world to abolish capital punishment. Argentina and I'm sure a number there have abolished it, still existing in Brazil.

Is that relevent? I'd have thought a confirmed and committed Thatcherite would have supported a hard line on murderers. Can we assume that you have suffered a significant bump on the head sometime in the last 20 years?

Archived