BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

Sorry mate, I dont really understand where you are going with this? The PSG team was/is tripe and is still only just climbing the ladder now. Bellamy was but one example, maybe PSG are set up to cater for Kezman and Luyindula? Thee point is, players fail at clubs for whatever reasons, difference is we know we aren't getting a player who was actually never really that good and trying to make him better.

Let's face facts. He is capable of quality, yes? If under the right management he lifted his game he would be a good purchase for low money, yes?

I don't know why you are trying to argue the point of two players who have shown genuine ability in the past and maybe, just maybe, could show it again.

Nicko has said we are trying to get Rothen for free.

If we can manage that it would be a good signing. We need some expeerience in the middle of the park with Tugay gone.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd accept £4m for the both of them. Tops. Then we have £8m to play with. Not that Davies would be my target up front, but then I'm not employed by BRFC.

Umm what about mattys 3 million and zurabs 2 million and if we get anything from gallagher and brown and whoever else goes. Thats 15 mill plus 5 mill plus maybe 1 mill which is 20-21 million from the players sold. Surely we would have ateast 15-16 million to spend even after the givet buy as that money was set aside from carlos.

Umm what about mattys 3 million and zurabs 2 million and if we get anything from gallagher and brown and whoever else goes. Thats 15 mill plus 5 mill plus maybe 1 mill which is 20-21 million from the players sold. Surely we would have ateast 15-16 million to spend even after the givet buy as that money was set aside from carlos.

We will pay off overdrafts etc and keep some in reserve for the Jan window.

I will be surprised if spend over 12. Maybe less.

That is why we are such a well run club!

You ALWAYS have to re-invest, keep some for a rainy day and pay loans off when you are a club like Rovers.

Not just spend the whole amount on a few players.

We need to be sustainable.

Good job we have John Williams and not Gordon Brown in charge...........

If we can manage that it would be a good signing. We need some expeerience in the middle of the park with Tugay gone.

ROTHEN IS PRIMARILY A WIDE PLAYER. I don't see why people seem to think he can turn into Tugay. He's a winger. Not a central midfielder.

and that makes the deal smart...because?

Are people really buying into the fact that our central midfield problem will be solved by a 31 year old left midfielder who is looking increasingly off the pace in ligue 1?

Are people really buying into the fact that our central midfield problem will be solved by a 31 year old left midfielder who is looking increasingly off the pace in ligue 1?

Where tackling is frowned on and the whole pace is much slower.

if he puts pressure on Gamst and makes him become a better player then i am all for it to happen. He can't be any worse then that cocky lad Tracey!!

lets hope Roque passes his medical and this long saga comes to an end. Please though sam don't resign Davies, and try and bring in a player who is going to excite the fans like Darren Bent!!

Bent doesn't excite me either but at least he would be younger and could potentially get back his form with the confidence of leaving that confidence sapping club, Spurs. He'd only have to look at what coming to rovers has done for robinson.

if he puts pressure on Gamst and makes him become a better player then i am all for it to happen. He can't be any worse then that cocky lad Tracey!!

How will it put pressure on Pedersen if he's primarily being brought in to play more centrally?

Guest benmaxwell

SkySports have video of Roque going into Citeh's training complex for his medical...

Bent doesn't excite me either but at least he would be younger and could potentially get back his form with the confidence of leaving that confidence sapping club, Spurs. He'd only have to look at what coming to rovers has done for robinson.

Bent excites me. He hasn't been used properly at Spurs, but has the background in quality goalscoring.

He mirror's Roque perfectly... Not that we are going to go for a player of his quality and age unfortunately!

Guest benmaxwell
Hopefully they show him coming out with a big grin on his face. Then a picture of John Williams counting the cash and laughing.

... and then a video of a big grin on Sam's face, a big grin on Bolton's chairman's face, and John Williams crying into his hands in the background!

How will it put pressure on Pedersen if he's primarily being brought in to play more centrally?

Bent will score goals if he is given enough time on the pitch (he's proved that)

Rothen can play in the middle or the wing and he is natually left footed, so if he did sign i am sure Pedersen will be looking over his shoulder a lot more then he is now!

Good luck to Santa Cruz. He's off to City where he can play from time to time between injuries and rotation, pass the ball to Robinho a lot and win absolutely nothing. The grass is rarely greener.

Rothen is a winger. He used to be quite a good player but he's done nothing since his move to football's graveyard at PSG.

SkySports have video of Roque going into Citeh's training complex for his medical...

Bent excites me. He hasn't been used properly at Spurs, but has the background in quality goalscoring.

He mirror's Roque perfectly... Not that we are going to go for a player of his quality and age unfortunately!

spurs want 12mil for bent not a chance we are signing him

... and then a video of a big grin on Sam's face, a big grin on Bolton's chairman's face, and John Williams crying into his hands in the background!

You missed out ..."thousands of Rovers fans looking up the way to the Crown Ground"

Archived