BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sell-on cannot have come as a complete surprise surely?

Picking Roque up for as little as £3.8m indicated there had to be some sugaring of the deal for Bayern.

Just proves that Bayern somehow still rated RSC, despite not wanting him anymore. Also Philip you just sense that despite another sell on clause, its either that or we dont land some of these high profile players. My disappointment with it though is that, with these clauses in place it just gives us even less money to spend.

Just proves that Bayern somehow still rated RSC, despite not wanting him anymore. Also Philip you just sense that despite another sell on clause, its either that or we dont land some of these high profile players. My disappointment with it though is that, with these clauses in place it just gives us even less money to spend.

Well I have been down talking what we would have left to spend out of selling RSC for ages and that was without knowing of the Bayern sell-on clause.

Transfers have a very high cost of transaction.

If you look at what Kamy100 has just posted in the transfer topic; £21m in is turning into £13m available to go out.

And no the Trustees have not got their hands on a penny and the bank has got between nothing and a token amount.

Ay, but 21mill is excluding any tv money. I know we got players on high salaries, but surely the board could at least have stretched the budget to 20mill for Sam. Its again brings me to the point of selling a quality player, and buying an equally quality replacement. With 13 mill we could bring in a quality striker, but we would have no money left for the crucial midfield area.

£46m wages last season.

That is the beginning and end of the matter. There is nothing to stretch into.

Thats just ridiculous! Do some of players deserve that kind of wages? I dont think some of them do, but thats just my opinion.

Lancashire Telegraph today (bought the paper ;) )

Sam Allardyce will receive £13 Million of the Roque Santa Cruz transfer money to spend on players.

The player cost £15M plus ''almost guaranteed'' addons of £3M which take the total transfer to £18M.

The paper is also linking us with Peter Crouch as a possible replacement but comments on the strikers own ambitions and high wage expectations.

This is not a bad day. £10million clear from Crocky is a miracle.....how the **** did he pass a 'stringent' medical.

When other players 'refused' to play for us they usually disappeared for under market value.

Next season it will be interesting to see who makes fewer appearances - Rafael Nadal or Crocky.

At least Matty will be match-fit by mid-August. Can only see Crocky making a cameo appearance

on August 15th.

Lancashire Telegraph today (bought the paper ;) )

Sam Allardyce will receive £13 Million of the Roque Santa Cruz transfer money to spend on players.

Of the Roque money alone?

Surely there will be more to spend considering a sale of Derbyshire and Zurab as well?

Of the Roque money alone?

Surely there will be more to spend considering a sale of Derbyshire and Zurab as well?

The sale of Derbyshire has been taken into account, not sure about Zurab, but i doubt he's worth that much?

Think this is the total amount of cash we can be looking at.

I think Roque helped raise the profile of the club but did we really need all of the negative press towards the end of his time here?

Then read the story on Teamtalk this morning with the final line of an interview he apparently made...

"It's very nice to join a team like this one after going through so many problems."

Is that a sly dig at Rovers there? Hope not, hope the guy has more class than that....

This is not a bad day. £10million clear from Crocky is a miracle.....how the **** did he pass a 'stringent' medical.

When other players 'refused' to play for us they usually disappeared for under market value.

Well I have eaten my hat, garnished with a little ceaser dressing and a nice foot-in-the-mouth side salad. 18 million for a player who has only played less than half of our games last season and only scored 4 goals has to be utterly unprecedented right? I never thought that could happen.

Thank the lord for Man City. And Mark Hughes!

Incidentally i don't think he ever refused to play for us. He was genuinely injured.

I think Roque helped raise the profile of the club but did we really need all of the negative press towards the end of his time here?

Then read the story on Teamtalk this morning with the final line of an interview he apparently made...

"It's very nice to join a team like this one after going through so many problems."

Is that a sly dig at Rovers there? Hope not, hope the guy has more class than that....

More than likely, but he could also be simply saying that it's very nice to join a team with a million other injury prone strikers getting paid a fortune for sitting in the stands every weekend, I feel like I won't be alone here :rover:

More than likely, but he could also be simply saying that it's very nice to join a team with a million other injury prone strikers getting paid a fortune for sitting in the stands every weekend, I feel like I won't be alone here :rover:

I think it's very easy to think the worst.

I'd like to think he just meant that it was nice to be going to a more 'upwardly mobile' club after so many injury problems.

I still think that, assuming they stay fit, RSC and Bellamy will be one of the best strike partnerships in the league. Dunno where that leaves Robinho! Him and Bellers playing of RSC? Wow!

:(

Bayern didn't have any clause in the Roque sale and won't get a penny from this transfer.

Not according to Lee on the official boards anyway, and I don't see why he'd lie about it. Trust him over the media every time.

That is good news then, where ever the extra 3m should go.

Good riddens Santa you muppet. Thanks for being good one season and then whoring out as everyone always does.

i think you are the muppet, Santa Cruz was one of the best forwards rovers have had in recent years, he has had injurys which have set him back, but when he was on the pitch you could see the guy had talent. I don't blame him for leaving as well, City have far more ambiton then Rovers have at the moment, so why would he want to stay?

:rover: thank god it's over,we should have sold rsc as soon as he wanted out.the last 12 months have done him no favours,he was a superb player in the 1st 12 months,ruined in his last 12 months by transfer rumours.i will never forget his display at gold trafford in the league cup,running away from ball, looking disintrested.but in the 1st season here he won me plenty of money,1st or last goal scorer,so i forgive him and hope he fores citeh into the big time :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

i think you are the muppet, Santa Cruz was one of the best forwards rovers have had in recent years, he has had injurys which have set him back, but when he was on the pitch you could see the guy had talent. I don't blame him for leaving as well, City have far more ambiton then Rovers have at the moment, so why would he want to stay?

City do have more potential and ambition than Rovers, and in that instance it is understandable why he would want to leave. Santa Cruz was excellent in his first season and his quality was there for all to see, but unlike other top quality Rovers players in recent years, he repeatedly tried to organise his own move away from the club. Despite signing a new four year contract before the Hull game in August, he constantly said how he wanted to leave Rovers for a bigger club and that is the reason why most Rovers supporters alike myself are pleased that he has finallly left. His attitude was dreadful and he showed that on the pitch (ie: Wigan away), and his overall contribution was very limited because of that. He should have handled the situation better, especially after committing to Rovers earlier in the season.

City do have more potential and ambition than Rovers, and in that instance it is understandable why he would want to leave. Santa Cruz was excellent in his first season and his quality was there for all to see, but unlike other top quality Rovers players in recent years, he repeatedly tried to organise his own move away from the club. Despite signing a new four year contract before the Hull game in August, he constantly said how he wanted to leave Rovers for a bigger club and that is the reason why most Rovers supporters alike myself are pleased that he has finallly left. His attitude was dreadful and he showed that on the pitch (ie: Wigan away), and his overall contribution was very limited because of that. He should have handled the situation better, especially after committing to Rovers earlier in the season.

i agree maybe he should of kept his mouth shut a bit more over the transfer dealings, but i think most players at rovers would want to leave rovers if a more bigger club like City wanted to sign them. It was like when Chelsea was sniffing around Benni, he wanted out and you could till, with his attiutude on the pitch at the time.

Archived