BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have just seen some of the comments made by Valencia after his move to Old Trafford, It would have been nice for Roque to make some sort of comments to the fans. Valencia said:

"I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here," said Valencia, who scored three goals for Wigan last season.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can't wait to get started."

Valencia has played 34 times for Ecuador, scoring four goals.

"I hope the fans at Wigan can understand that I am an ambitious guy and achance like this might never come again for me," said Valencia, who will be 24 next month.

"I am happy that the club has benefited from the move financially because I owe them such a lot. I have had a great time here."

Or maybe im very unrealistic!!!

Valencia hasn't been mouthing off to all and sundry about the move he wants either. He's known it was likely and he's waited for it to happen. If RSC had behaved in the same way he'd be getting a cheer at the start of the opening game from some at least of the home supporters. Mind you, there is also the point that Valencia has gone to a club that's definitely going to be challenging for something rather than a project that might

Valencia hasn't been mouthing off to all and sundry about the move he wants either. He's known it was likely and he's waited for it to happen. If RSC had behaved in the same way he'd be getting a cheer at the start of the opening game from some at least of the home supporters. Mind you, there is also the point that Valencia has gone to a club that's definitely going to be challenging for something rather than a project that might

How much did Valencia sell for? For us to have had him on trial twice..... Oh well you cannot pick them everytime

How much did Valencia sell for? For us to have had him on trial twice..... Oh well you cannot pick them everytime

16 million quid is what I've heard. Did we have him on trial? You might be right but I don't remember that. But for every Valencia there are several Castillos.

I have seen quite a bit of Valencia.

He is tidy to good but I haven't yet seen anything exceptional in him.

I agree with you there. He's certainly not yet been of a consistently good standard and I think 16 million, the reputed fee is high for a player who hasn't set the Prem alight yet.

He strikes me more of a Hleb player than a Ronaldo, in that he does everything really well and is an exceptional player in terms of build up, but seems to put in perhaps less assists and certainly less goals than Ronaldo who was slightly more direct. I'd be a wee bit worried if I was a united fan now about who is going to score 20+ goals a year, though no doubt Sir Alex has got someone lined up again.

I just hope he's not going to resign horse face.

I saw some some stats yesterday on Valencia and Ronaldo. Suprisingly, Valencia's stats were better than Ronaldo's in every part of the field. However, it was the goals that Ronaldo got which is irreplaceable. You will NOT find a player that will get you as many goals as Ronaldo did, he is irreplaceable. FACT.

True, but if they play in a slighty different way they can bet their forwards to score goals to compensate for the loss of goals from midfield.

Exactly, they can adapt their game to how they play, like 2 years ago when they had Tevez and Rooney up front with no out and out striker, then they brought Berbatov in and adapted to a different style of play.

They'll do the same this season, Valencia will be expected to more off the ball work than Ronaldo and then because of that sacrifice Rooney Berbatov etc will have to get more goals.

Has seriously annoyed me now."I know we will play to win every week" What's he think we do - deliberately try to lose!!!!!!!

To be honest, I can actually agree the statement with Roque on one particular instance this year - repeat this to Sam Allardyce after the 4-0 drubbing at Anfield, 11th April 2009. Capitulation.

To be honest, I can actually agree the statement with Roque on one particular instance this year - repeat this to Sam Allardyce after the 4-0 drubbing at Anfield, 11th April 2009. Capitulation.

But we weren't trying to lose even then. Mind you, I was in France and for once didn't see the game.

But we weren't trying to lose even then. Mind you, I was in France and for once didn't see the game.

Unfair to treat last season as typical. Sam knew which were the winnable games and decided to set his stall out accordingly.

No problem with RSC saying he wants to win things. He sure wasn't gonna win anything with us.

The English game has changed in favour of the mega rich clubs and we will never be one of them.

Unfair to treat last season as typical. Sam knew which were the winnable games and decided to set his stall out accordingly.

No problem with RSC saying he wants to win things. He sure wasn't gonna win anything with us.

The English game has changed in favour of the mega rich clubs and we will never be one of them.

He could have won a bit of dignity, a scarce commodity amongst modern day footballers, but no.

HUGHES'S TEAMS PERFORMANCE IN UNEARTHING TALENT ON THE CHEAP WAS SECOND TO NONE. I SAID AT THE TIME THAT THE CLUB WOULD MISS HUGHES THE SCOUT EVEN MORE THAN IT WOULD MISS HUGHES THE MANAGER AND I SEE NO REASON TO ALTER MY OPINION.

I have seen quite a bit of Valencia.

He is tidy to good but I haven't yet seen anything exceptional in him.

THATS A BRAVE STATEMENT THAT MIGHT JUST COME BACK TO BITE YOU ON THE BUM GUNNER! ...... YOUR OPINION IS IN CONTRAST TO THAT OF THE MOST SUCCESSFULL AND LONGEST SERVING MANAGER IN THE COUNTRY!

Rooney was always held back by Ronaldo, you can see what his goalscoring record is like when he's allowed to play properly, for England.

I agree. Rooney wouldn't play on the left wing in any team that I could pick....... Ooops I think I've just done a 'philip'! :rolleyes:

Archived