BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

How?

Ambition is a charged word, but on the level it is hard to say how we can really compete with Man City in the long term if they keep their spending up. its going to be a case of hoping they destabalise themselves rather than anything else. We are simply not going to be able to put the individual quality on the pitch that they have.

First game of the season is going to be facinating! I would actually back Allardyce irrespective of who either side bring in becuase our side will be more settled and organised. Over the course of the season though it will require a hurculean effort, or a Citeh implosion, if we are to finish above them.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bayern didn't have any clause in the Roque sale and won't get a penny from this transfer.

Not according to Lee on the official boards anyway, and I don't see why he'd lie about it. Trust him over the media every time.

Not that I doubted you, when i checked the topic on the official board I could not find anything concrete. I asked Lee, his reply was "the chairman told me this morning there is no sell on clause, Bayern will not get a penny.

Good news.

money Den, and where they want to be a couple of years time thats a lot more ambiton then Rovers have

I asked how they have more ambition, - not how much money they have.

They don't want to win games any more than any other Prem team. They don't want to be successful any more than anyone else.

Realistically Rovers' ambition is to challenge for the Europa league. That's the only ambition we can have. Realistically.

Man City's ambition is to break into the top tier this season and then challenge for the prem title and the champs league title after that. Thanks to their money, that ambition can be realistic for them. I'm not saying it will be, but it can be.

Perhaps it's more about "realistic goals" than actual "ambition" but it's virtually the same meaning in this case.

Realistically Rovers' ambition is to challenge for the Europa league. That's the only ambition we can have. Realistically.

Man City's ambition is to break into the top tier this season and then challenge for the prem title and the champs league title after that. Thanks to their money, that ambition can be realistic for them. I'm not saying it will be, but it can be.

Perhaps it's more about "realistic goals" than actual "ambition" but it's virtually the same meaning in this case.

No. I want to win the Champions' League and every other available trophy. that's my ambition for my club and has to be the club's ambition too. When players say it they mean I want to go to a club with a better chance of achieving the ambitions all clubs and players have i.e. one that can throw cash about like confetti and afford for lots of its signings to crash initially because the cash really doesn't matter.

How can anyone say Rocky did not give his all when healthy on the pitch. What about the Manchester United match where he scored the first goal to stop their record of not having been scored upon.

He played as hard as anyone and with passion so do not say he did not give his all for the club. He was playing injured as David Dunn indicated at one point. I believe he enjoyed playing for the Rovers and the fan support but the Rovers were and are only going so far so why not move on to a club with Champion's League potential. He should be thanked for his efforts and the joy his goals and play provided. I personally wish him only success.

I think he did give his all when out on the pitch. If it seemed like he was not trying, it was more down to him playing injured or his dodgy knees!

Thanks for your efforts Rocky - pity you could not learn to shut your mouth stating how you wanted to leave on many occasions, it was getting a bit repetitive.

Den is quite right.

People are confusing ambition with potential.

I believe that in football, the two are highly related. A team's ambition is dependant on their potential. There is no point setting unrealistic targets, hence why we were targetting getting into the top four when we were under Hughes and not winning the league. In that case, top four is our ambition imo.

Also, according to a dictionary, ambition can be defined as "a goal". That is close to what I'm talking about.

Just the latest in a long line of idols with feet of clay. I go back to the Dobing , Dougan , Vernon era when the maxium wage was abolished. All wanted to go to more " successful" clubs ! He's not the first and he won't be the last. I rated the guy at first but his antics last season have totally lost my respect.

Surely with Roque gone, Rovers will lose the female demographic? :(

Sadly, Kevin Davies won't fill that gap.

Depends on why the females were there in the first place. Eye candy is nice but it's not what most of the women who actually follow football are there for. We're there like you to watch the match. RSC was a nice looking bloke but it was the goals he scored that really got my pulses racing. However, you are right - Kevin Davies will move us towards the uglier range of the premiership good looks team.

um...I was one of them and I've already responded. I'm surprised, and pleased, that we got the fee that we did, but nothing happened in the intervening period to show that we had to keep hold of Santa Cruz. The only argument is whether or not City were actually willing to pay that sum in January and also whether or not the potential knock to the morale of the side would have been a major factor. I think by getting the fee that we just have and as we also stayed up you can't say that holding onto him was the wrong decision, but it is impossible to say that selling him would have been.

The reason we kept Roque was very much psychology I am afraid, letting both players and supporters know we werent giving in and that relegation was not a formality which by selling at that time I think would have.

One thing about Sam, he loves the psychology bit!!

Depends on why the females were there in the first place. Eye candy is nice but it's not what most of the women who actually follow football are there for. We're there like you to watch the match. RSC was a nice looking bloke but it was the goals he scored that really got my pulses racing. However, you are right - Kevin Davies will move us towards the uglier range of the premiership good looks team.

But we did lose Tugay :lol:

The reason we kept Roque was very much psychology I am afraid, letting both players and supporters know we werent giving in and that relegation was not a formality which by selling at that time I think would have.

One thing about Sam, he loves the psychology bit!!

But we did lose Tugay :lol:

Tugay's not ugly though. there's something very endearing about gnomes.

MortenGamstPedersen.jpg

Speaking of Eye candy, We still have MGP!!

Not a real man. Metrosexual doesn't do it I'm afraid. And his mouth is very odd.

Every player has his flaw. RSC has been found out.

HOW THE (Please don't use that word again) DID WE GET SO MUCH MONEY FOR HIM HA HAHAHA AH AH AH AHA

You will probably find it out next season..

Idiot..

Ha ha ha ha

Archived