BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

Of all the players who have left us in recent years he deserves to be booed the most. He kicked up a fuss, caused us trouble and played no part in our relegation run-in. Bellamy lied, but that just made us feel sore about it. Bentley only caused the trouble when the season was over. Neill just made it clear that he wasn't going to re-sign but was always committed. He played the mistranslation card a few too many times and I'm glad to see the back of him, I just hope that we are ambitious when it comes to bringing players in.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's called sportsmanship.

Not sure you've grasped the concept of it though.

i'm well aware of sportsmanship

but i'm not for applauding a goalkeeper for simply being there

no one else gets special treatment

Of all the players who have left us in recent years he deserves to be booed the most. He kicked up a fuss, caused us trouble and played no part in our relegation run-in. Bellamy lied, but that just made us feel sore about it. Bentley only caused the trouble when the season was over. Neill just made it clear that he wasn't going to re-sign but was always committed. He played the mistranslation card a few too many times and I'm glad to see the back of him, I just hope that we are ambitious when it comes to bringing players in.

Agreed, the way when he came he spouted all this rubbish about only caring about playing football and just being grateful that he'll be a first team regular, how that was 'all that matters'. I remember him saying how grateful he was to Rovers and how much he owed us. What absolute rubbish, he's the same as all the other journeymen in football. I still wouldn't boo him though. Duff on the other hand...

Rocky will be missed. He was fun to watch and should be thanked for his efforts. He is ambitious and should be and should not be booed for this. He is bringing the Rovers a tidy sum and they should be thankful. Congratulate him and stop whining.

Rocky will be missed.

I was thinking about this...I'm not sure he will. I think this is totally different to the Bentley situation last summer - he'd just had a terrific season and was easily our main creative force, taking him out the team made us lose a lot. Duff was similar too.

Roque hardly did anything last season though, we're already used to playing without him. I don't really feel like we've lost much from last season, but rather gained a large amount of money to improve the squad with.*

*Ignoring the Davies rumour, I don't want to pollute this topic with that.

Rocky will be missed. He was fun to watch and should be thanked for his efforts. He is ambitious and should be and should not be booed for this. He is bringing the Rovers a tidy sum and they should be thankful. Congratulate him and stop whining.
if he was'nt moaning on radiostations the whole time and crying off injured he might be entitled to good reception.

If your Missus chatted up other blokes behind your back cos she was after having a fella with a bigger winkle, and then she told all her mates about it. And when it eventually got back to you she said it was Chinese whispers and she wanted to stay with you - but then you notice she's not making so much of an effort with the washing and wiping. And then she did go and leave, and what's more, shacks up with one of your best mates, how would you react?

Would you buy her a drink when you bumped into her?

or would you shove a cow pat in her face?

I vote for the latter.

If your Missus chatted up other blokes behind your back cos she was after having a fella with a bigger winkle, and then she told all her mates about it. And when it eventually got back to you she said it was Chinese whispers and she wanted to stay with you - but then you notice she's not making so much of an effort with the washing and wiping. And then she did go and leave, and what's more, shacks up with one of your best mates, how would you react?

Would you buy her a drink when you bumped into her?

or would you shove a cow pat in her face?

I vote for the latter.

Oustanding. And totally how I feel about Roque (and all the other players who have treated the club in the same way).

(Please don't use that word again) the lot of them. Up the arse.

Not in my seat he won't. One good season, nothing this season other than whinge to the press. Goodbye and good riddance. I know he only ever came to be able to step up, in his eyes, to the next level........I just don't need it ramming down my throat every week. Do your job and be quiet, don't take the p1ss by pretending to be injured.

If Nelsen kicks his knee in August and he'll be out for months????

Archived