BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that obvious because he most certainly isnt a 17 million pound player, I'd say he's worth 10 mill at most.

Well you're wrong. Rovers thought he was worth that and they were proved right.

If Darren Bent is "worth" £18m, then Roque certainly is.

Bent has a proven track record and is more than a one year wonder.

I do believe that Roque has incredible talent, and probably has another great season in him, but I don't see him being better than Arshavin, who went for less.

Lets just take a look at RSC and his postion at City, his latest club.

Looks like they will sign Tevez and Eto this week, leaving them with a front line of :-

Robinhood, Bellamy, Benjani, Bojinov, Jo, Eto, Tevez, Evans, RSC, Caceido and Vassell.

That is over £120m worth of strikers.

Looking at their midfield of the following :-

Kompany, de Jong, Barry, Johnson, Ireland, SW Phillips, Petrov and Fernandez plus Hamann and Ethuhu.

It is diffuicult to see or even try and imagine what formation they will be playing.

For me it looks like it will be a 4-2-4 formation or a 4-1-5 formation.

There are going to be massive problems massaging all those ego's whilst at the same time, there might jus tbe an opportunity to nick some real talent at a cut price cost.

I just cant see how RSC thinks he will be first choice. I suspect that the will warm the bench more often than not and may get the toss up in the FA Cup games or carling Cup matches.

I wonder if Bellamy is now surplus to requirements as well as Bojinov and Petrov, as well as Johnson and Ireland ?

Bojinov is a real talent and could be picked up but I really like Caciedo, he is a big, strong, has pace and can finish, I think he may be available for around £5 million? Certainly within our budget.

Worth us trying to loan one of their excess strikers?

I cannot see Man city wanting to do Rovers any favours - having held them to £18million for RSC.

But maybe worth a try.

Heard stoke are interested in Martins at newcastle - interesting sam hasn't considered him - maybe not just for the wages he would want.

Martins would be a good signing. Hasn't done a lot at Newcastle, but his pace and energy would be a big bonus for us. And I'm sure Sam's management skills would be a step-up from what he's had at Newcastle lately.

Given

Zabaleta/Garrido--Dunne--Ben Haim--Bridge

Wright-Phillips--Kompany/Fernandes/De Jong/Ireland/Barry--Petrov

---------------------------------Robinho

---------Eto'o

--------------------Cruz

They have far too many strikers:

Eto'o (possible), Cruz, Robinho, Vassell, Bojinov, Jo, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani, Sturridge, Bellamy.

They will most likely keep around three of those surplus as back up, perhaps Bojinov, Caidcedo and Bellamy.

And too many midfielders:

Johnson, Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Elano, Petrov, Fernandes, Hamann, Etuhu, Kompany, De Jong, Weiss, Barry.

Bold = surplus to requirements.

One thing is for sure. The first game of the season is going to be brilliant or a nightmare.

Eto'o (possible), Cruz, Robinho, Vassell, Bojinov, Jo, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani, Sturridge, Bellamy.

They will most likely keep around three of those surplus as back up, perhaps Bojinov, Caidcedo and Bellamy.

Johnson, Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Elano, Petrov, Fernandes, Hamann, Etuhu, Kompany, De Jong, Weiss, Barry.

One thing is for sure. The first game of the season is going to be brilliant or a nightmare.

Add Tevez to the strikers list...

Vassell has been freed, Sturridge is off. Evans can find a club on loan.

Hamann is away. Johnson surplus, many of the rest will be the same.

Totally crazy.

Given

Zabaleta/Garrido--Dunne--Ben Haim--Bridge

Wright-Phillips--Kompany/Fernandes/De Jong/Ireland/Barry--Petrov

---------------------------------Robinho

---------Eto'o

--------------------Cruz

They have far too many strikers:

We,ve got to play them sometime so maybe first game up is best, before they can gel as a unit. Having said that maybe the middle of december on a day of pouring rain and icy blasts would be better !

Johnson has a hip related problem that has caused hims erious problems.

he also had a problem with non prescribed medication (allegedly)

Serious as in retirement??? Looked a good player.

There could be a bargain or two at city. Jo did OK at everton might not be a bad shout for us.

City though keeping the four big names happy will be enough, I can see tevez being the odd one out at City as well. The only way I could see it working would be like this.

Tevez-------RSC--------Robinho

--------------E'too----------------

With RSC moving up to support, It just doesn't fit though and I wouldn't want to play RSC in the hole so to speak. Theres going to be some serously ###### off players at city this season. No matter how you arrange it you leave out at least 4 quality players, baffling.

What really suprises me is why they brought Bellamy if they were going to add the likes of Etoo and Tevez in the summer. There doesn't seem to be much (any) long term planning whatsoever. The more they buy the less I can see it working out. I can see them really struggling defensively.

One or two players in the surpluss list I wouldn't mind having.

Bent has a proven track record and is more than a one year wonder.

I do believe that Roque has incredible talent, and probably has another great season in him, but I don't see him being better than Arshavin, who went for less.

Players are worth what clubs are prepared to pay.

The transfer market is volatile and values individuals at far more than their worth to society, so trying to value a player are assign worth or do any comparisons is a fool's errand.

What really suprises me is why they brought Bellamy if they were going to add the likes of Etoo and Tevez in the summer. There doesn't seem to be much (any) long term planning whatsoever. The more they buy the less I can see it working out. I can see them really struggling defensively.

Or perhaps as mentioned above, there is more than one persons plan being put into practice at the same time.

Or perhaps as mentioned above, there is more than one persons plan being put into practice at the same time.

Agreed, but it's shocking from a business as well as a football sense. Surely it'd be better for the owners to give Hughes the perameters of build a team around X, Y, Z, you can choose who the rest are, or tell him that in the summer they're going for those players rather than try implimenting two plans at a time. That seems really messy to me and likely to hinder their long term goals.

Agreed, but it's shocking from a business as well as a football sense. Surely it'd be better for the owners to give Hughes the perameters of build a team around X, Y, Z, you can choose who the rest are, or tell him that in the summer they're going for those players rather than try implimenting two plans at a time. That seems really messy to me and likely to hinder their long term goals.

You mean hold up the "project" as Cooke and now City fans are starting to call it!

I have just seen some of the comments made by Valencia after his move to Old Trafford, It would have been nice for Roque to make some sort of comments to the fans. Valencia said:

"I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here," said Valencia, who scored three goals for Wigan last season.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can't wait to get started."

Valencia has played 34 times for Ecuador, scoring four goals.

"I hope the fans at Wigan can understand that I am an ambitious guy and achance like this might never come again for me," said Valencia, who will be 24 next month.

"I am happy that the club has benefited from the move financially because I owe them such a lot. I have had a great time here."

Or maybe im very unrealistic!!!

Archived