BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He likes to open his mouth does RSC. We didn't see him for any of the back half of last season and he made us around £15m profit so I'm not bitter!

I just hope's it spurs our lads on to get one over on them. We should have beaten them last season, why not this season? I can't see one City player playing with his heart in the game, they are all there for money alone.

We sould ignore him and Hughes then if the result is going our way with a few minutes to go we can give them hell!

"But I would still love to score in that game because it would be my first for City and every goal deserves to be celebrated."

Shows his respect for us is as high as ever. He keeps dropping these clangers. He's rapidly becoming one of my most disliked players. I know the media try to whip up a bit of controversy but it's not too hard to keep quiet.

When I read in his press conference that he "had to respect Blackburn" I was amazed. If that's respecting us I don't know what he thinks is disrespectful. I'm not saying I'd wish injury on a player but I'd be less bothered than usual if his knees played up again.

"But I would still love to score in that game because it would be my first for City and every goal deserves to be celebrated."

Shows his respect for us is as high as ever. He keeps dropping these clangers. He's rapidly becoming one of my most disliked players. I know the media try to whip up a bit of controversy but it's not too hard to keep quiet.

When I read in his press conference that he "had to respect Blackburn" I was amazed. If that's respecting us I don't know what he thinks is disrespectful. I'm not saying I'd wish injury on a player but I'd be less bothered than usual if his knees played up again.

The likes of Samba may bring on a few knee complaints... That's if RSC is ready for the new season starting.

As we well know, players give each other digs here and there, our defence know his week points well.

The likes of Samba may bring on a few knee complaints... That's if RSC is ready for the new season starting.

As we well know, players give each other digs here and there, our defence know his week points well.

But Samba isn`t such a a..hole like you i think..

But Samba isn`t such a a..hole like you i think..

Lets' put it another way then, are players will tackle with 100% determination to win the ball, if the opposing player happens to have a weakness and it is found out, it then will be in the spirit of the game.

He likes to open his mouth does RSC. We didn't see him for any of the back half of last season and he made us around £15m profit so I'm not bitter!

I just hope's it spurs our lads on to get one over on them. We should have beaten them last season, why not this season? I can't see one City player playing with his heart in the game, they are all there for money alone.

We sould ignore him and Hughes then if the result is going our way with a few minutes to go we can give them hell!

Exactly, the man is a tosser, but we made a huge profit on him so I'm not bothered that he's left the club (unlike Bentley who I was sad to lose).

Exactly, the man is a tosser, but we made a huge profit on him so I'm not bothered that he's left the club (unlike Bentley who I was sad to lose).

I'm not bothered he's gone but I really wish someone would tell him to shut up

I think the majority have worked out that he likes to talk alot about himself. He's not really harming the club with what he says so it doesn't bother me. I'm just glad the club have kept professional about the whole situation though, I'm sure they could release a few damaging stories about him if the wanted to.

The continual remarks to Paraguayan radio were annoying but in the end we did make a big profit out of him which will help us improve the squad as a whole. So overall we should very glad for his services. Buying players and selling on for big profits is that which allows us to keep competing at the highest level. Without a big sell-on clause to a previous club like in the Bentley transfer this is our best opportunity to use a sale to benefit a number of positions in the team. Souness had the opportunity with the Duff money and did not do so well...Ferguson and Amoruso spring to mind...here´s hoping Sam invests whatever he gets more wisely.

I suspect when we get into August, the concensus of opinion will be we should have held onto Roque.

If there'd been any sign that he wouldn't be "injured" again I think we might have tried, but the guy wanted to go, had made no secret about it for months and I think would have suffered mysterious knee pain if he'd been forced to stay and play for us. I suspect they didn't realise quite how hard strikers are to find (although they should have done when they saw how desperate Hughes was to buy him.) Fans too are now finding out the reality of "If City bid anything over 12 million we should sell" It's not going to be easy to get the strike force we need even with cash to spend. I know it's early days yet but it's still going to be a long hard summer unless we get that striker sorted sooner rather than later.

I suspect when we get into August, the concensus of opinion will be we should have held onto Roque.

I would say those people are just wrong.

The Santa Cruz of the last 12 months was not worth anywhere near 18 million.

The guy wanted to go and we got handsomely remunerated for his departure. It will not be his departure that is the problem but other decisions relating to the spending of the money received.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived