BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really is great news!!

you have to appreciate his loyalty and professionalism. I only started following Rovers last year but I am now a loyal fan and look forward to each match

with anticipation. I actually went to see them practice in Florida this past winter and had the opportunity to speak with a number of the players. They are a great group of lads and I think we can expect some great things from them this year. Roque hat trick and Rovers win 3-0. Cheers.

If he isn't already, the guy is on the verge of becoming a rovers legend :rover:

Wouldn't take it that far. I can remember Bentley signing a 4-year deal and I bet you all loved him then? A legend isn't someone who plays for one season and shows loyalty by signing a 4 year deal. A legend is someone who serves the club well, ala Friedel! But got to say he is going along the right tracks of making him one of the best players to have graced the turf of Ewood Park in a Blue and White shirt. Really chuffed with the news, best bit of news all summer. Let's just hope he tops it off with a winner today at Hull.

Come on Rovers!!

I don't believe you lot! When children stick their hands in the fire and suffer a painful experience it's supposed to ensure that they dont do it again! Sure it's great news that he is 90% likely to stay this season but does anybody think that he will still be here in 4 years time if he continues to play as he has been doing? :rolleyes:

How the hell can people not remember that long contracts were in place on Bentley, Brad, Hendry, Duff, Sherwood, Shearer etc etc when they all left? All it means is that we will command a bigger transfer value to share out with RSC and his agent (and likely Bayern Munich) when he eventually does move on.

I don't believe you lot! When children stick their hands in the fire and suffer a painful experience it's supposed to ensure that they dont do it again! Sure it's great news that he is 90% likely to stay this season but does anybody think that he will still be here in 4 years time if he continues to play as he has been doing? :rolleyes:

How the hell can people not remember that long contracts were in place on Bentley, Brad, Hendry, Duff, Sherwood, Shearer etc etc when they all left? All it means is that we will command a bigger transfer value to share out with RSC and his agent (and likely Bayern Munich) when he eventually does move on.

You love to see the negative in everything don't you? If you won the lottery I'm sure you'd be so depressed because you'd be able to buy anything you wanted but that would make it worthless because then it'd mean nothing to you.

Roque signing a new contract can only be a GOOD thing! There is no negative that can be construed from that situation but you choose to see one. You seriously need help!

Guest Kamy100

I get what you are saying TNR, but it is refreshing to see that he wants to stay at the club, he could quite easily have added to the instability at Ewood by demanding a move and a bigger payday at City or Villa.

You love to see the negative in everything don't you? If you won the lottery I'm sure you'd be so depressed because you'd be able to buy anything you wanted but that would make it worthless because then it'd mean nothing to you.

Quite an accurate assesment CrazyIvan. I'd say that was the sign of a happy person comfortable and content with their life.

It'd also be a bloody miracle cos I have never ever bought a lottery ticket! B)

I am however not against the occasional wager though. So I'm prepared to bet the value of my ST at Ewood with you for the 2012-2013 season / or a pint in the Blues Bar that RSC does not see out the next 4 years at BRFC...... Serious debilitating injury excepted of course.

btw dont rub soap in .... it makes burns much worse. ;)

Hardly the place to find much truth Den.....It's essentially an advert for Betfair. :rolleyes:

My suspicions do appear to suggset that Ince is simply a puppet manager with John Williams pulling all the strings. Maybe an explanation as to the cause of the events of the close season. :huh:

Quite an accurate assesment CrazyIvan. I'd say that was the sign of a happy person comfortable and content with their life.

It'd also be a bloody miracle cos I have never ever bought a lottery ticket! B)

Reading your posts, you are a contented person. Contented with being utterly and constantly depressed with conspiracy theories and negative twists to every positive story or event regarding the club you support. Fair enough?

I am however not against the occasional wager though. So I'm prepared to bet the value of my ST at Ewood with you for the 2012-2013 season / or a pint in the Blues Bar that RSC does not see out the next 4 years at BRFC...... Serious debilitating injury excepted of course.

That's a suckers bet. I'm not stupid enough to gamble on the future location of one of any of our players. The truth is that this is a POSITIVE story no matter what twist you put on it.

My suspicions do appear to suggset that Ince is simply a puppet manager with John Williams pulling all the strings. Maybe an explanation as to the cause of the events of the close season. :huh:

Cobblers!

Santa Cruz - I owed Rovers

Wow, what a change to hear such positive comments from a player, :D who in all fairness could play in most teams in Europe.

Comments like this just go to show, how the press a couple of weeks ago really had the knives out for Rovers.

How long it will take for him to repay Rovers, that's another question.

If we miss out on Europe ,and trophy less at the end of this season, I think he will move on. :unsure:

Reading your posts, you are a contented person. Contented with being utterly and constantly depressed with conspiracy theories and negative twists to every positive story or event regarding the club you support. Fair enough?

That's a suckers bet. I'm not stupid enough to gamble on the future location of one of any of our players. The truth is that this is a POSITIVE story no matter what twist you put on it.

Cobblers!

:lol:

Santa Cruz - I owed Rovers

Wow, what a change to hear such positive comments from a player, :D who in all fairness could play in most teams in Europe.

Comments like this just go to show, how the press a couple of weeks ago really had the knives out for Rovers.

How long it will take for him to repay Rovers, that's another question.

If we miss out on Europe ,and trophy less at the end of this season, I think he will move on. :unsure:

Good stuff ..... but a word of warning to those with memories of the average goldfish.....

Brad Friedel........Nov 07

Friedel has an unmistakable passion for his project but - luckily for Blackburn fans - it is matched by his desire to extend his playing career here as long as he can.

"I've got this season and next season left on my contract - and it all comes down to what the club's needs are and what my personal needs are at the time when my contract's up," he said.

"All I can say is that if I feel the way I do now in 18 months time then by all means I'd want to stay.

:rolleyes:

David Bentley... mar 08“I love this club and I love everyone here,” added Bentley. “I love coming to work every day but you never know what’s round the corner. It would be the hardest decision ever if I had to leave this club.”

No doubt a bit of googling would reveal similar stuff eminating from Bellamy, Duff and even Old Big Head Shearer, just before they flerked off. :rolleyes:

Good stuff ..... but a word of warning to those with memories of the average goldfish.....

Friedel has an unmistakable passion for his project but - luckily for Blackburn fans - it is matched by his desire to extend his playing career here as long as he can.

"I've got this season and next season left on my contract - and it all comes down to what the club's needs are and what my personal needs are at the time when my contract's up," he said.

"All I can say is that if I feel the way I do now in 18 months time then by all means I'd want to stay.

David Bentley... mar 08“I love this club and I love everyone here,” added Bentley. “I love coming to work every day but you never know what’s round the corner. It would be the hardest decision ever if I had to leave this club.”

No doubt a bit of googling would reveal similar stuff eminating from Bellamy, Duff and even Old Big Head Shearer, just before they flerked off. :rolleyes:

Sadly, true. However, the new contract takes the heat off us for this and probably the next windows and will earn us a few bob next summer if RSC repeats his heroics of last season.

As a hero of yours once said "Rejoice at that news".

True, but in all cases "it was the truth at the time", we all know things change in football by the minute.

So let's just enjoy the moment, and hope manure get Berbatov. :rolleyes:

"Santa Cruz insists his heart lay with Rovers"

“It is important that when the club has done something good for you, that you do something good for the club,” said the Paraguayan international.

Wow! Is there really such a thing as loyalty in football ?

This guy is fantastic. Certainly a different tune than the one Bellamy sang, when we rescued him.

Brilliant Roque !

:brfc:

Archived