BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

Great news but, without wanting to be a Job's Comforter, a four year contract doesn't mean that he will stay for four years.

If e.g. Man Utd came in with a bid of 20 million before the window closes, Rovers would be daft not to accept it and I rather think that Roque would fancy playing for Man U.

Having said that, I hope he stays with us all this season.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it pretty much ends any speculation this season though. man utd know hes happy and not for sale.

to be fair to roque i think hes a pretty loyal person. he is happy we gave him a chance in the prem and he is repaying us.

great football player.

I demanded 6 years for him in the everton thread but the club offered him 4, oh well.. :D

Indeed what a way to end this first week. Absolutely delighted! As I mention he's vital to us and cant be replace. Hope we can see him putting on the famous blue n white shirt for 4 years and beyond. :rover:

Great news but, without wanting to be a Job's Comforter, a four year contract doesn't mean that he will stay for four years.

If e.g. Man Utd came in with a bid of 20 million before the window closes, Rovers would be daft not to accept it and I rather think that Roque would fancy playing for Man U.

Having said that, I hope he stays with us all this season.

New contract means nothing on next summer. Same speculation will be going. But is still great news. Hope some decent player takes this as a sign that Rovers is a club with some ambition. Can anyone deny he didn´t deserve better contract?

This is really good news. It's great to see Roque showing some loyalty to the team that gave him his chance, unlike Bentley. I'm sure there will still be transfer rumors in the future, but at least now, we can charge top dollar from any team and this should put them off.

it does give us time to find a new striker until January when he leaves, yes.

I'd be fairly surprised now if he isn't here for at least another 12 months.

It would take really astronomical money to prise him away mid season in January (30m?) with 3 and a half years to run on his new contract.

I'd be fairly surprised now if he isn't here for at least another 12 months.

It would take really astronomical money to prise him away mid season in January (30m?) with 3 and a half years to run on his new contract.

Maybe. I guess it all depends how badly they'll need him.

great move by ince and deserved by roque

Much as I support Paul Ince (as the incumbent manager of our football club) - this great bit of news has JOHN WILLIAMS written all over it.

Thinking back to earlier in the week and the quote from the city goon - "“We made an offer for Santa Cruz last week and were told, in the bluntest possible terms, to forget it,” Cook said yesterday."

That would have been JW too, and I can guess at least two words from the "bluntest possible terms"!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Excited? Don't blame ya! Player unrest? Roque leaving? Everton going to beat us? Expect about 3 lines in the papers tommorow!

Archived