BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

Whilst not naive enough to overlook the real reasons behind the frankly insulting bid our old manager put in for our best player earlier today, with that bid went my very last grain of respect for him.

How dare he play these kind of games with the club that put him where he is. Whilst I would understand and happily dismiss it if it were towards a club unassociated with him but him trying to take advantage of Blackburn Rovers so soon after his less than amicable departure is pathetic and reeks of desperation on his part.

Hope these sentiments are felt by others, and the apparent 'warfare' might actually help rally players and fans alike around the new man.

iamarover, say something inspirational about the Guv.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst not naive enough to overlook the real reasons behind the frankly insulting bid our old manager put in for our best player earlier today, with that bid went my very last grain of respect for him.

How dare he play these kind of games with the club that put him where he is. Whilst I would understand and happily dismiss it if it were towards a club unassociated with him but him trying to take advantage of Blackburn Rovers so soon after his less than amicable departure is pathetic and reeks of desperation on his part.

Hope these sentiments are felt by others, and the apparent 'warfare' might actually help rally players and fans alike around the new man.

I totally agree with your post. I watched the City game tonight and was totally appalled at david pleat who said quite openly that it will be good for city to have a central pairing of Jo and Santa Cruz when the season gets under way!!

My respect for Hughesy is also evaporating. He is the major cause of our stressful preseason when he put his personal ambition before loyalty to his employers. Poor Ince is having to deal with that to calm his players and tell them that a new era has begun. We have lost 2 but at least Roque and Warnock appear to have decided to stay! I think!!

Hope these sentiments are felt by others.

I think they are shillito and increasingly so.

The last bit of respect i had for Hughes has gone with this pathetic attempt to unsettle our player. We have made our stance clear that Roque is going nowhere. According to our statement Citeh know this after making numerous enquires but still they make a public bid.

I'm expecting another bid from Citeh to try and unsettle Roque. :rolleyes:

I think they are shillito and increasingly so.

The last bit of respect i had for Hughes has gone with this pathetic attempt to unsettle our player. We have made our stance clear that Roque is going nowhere. According to our statement Citeh know this after making numerous enquires but still they make a public bid.

I'm expecting another bid from Citeh to try and unsettle Roque. :rolleyes:

I still have respect for Sparky, but not as much. I don't agree when most people say they have no more respect left for him. Yes he's been a bit of a prat by bidding for Roque and he shouldn't have even though he was told NO first time round. However, I will never forget the amazing job he did at Ewood. In my eyes for that he will always be respected, and also the fact he played in the famous Blue and White Halves.

HERE

Can't see it Nayef unless they sell the club. City are in financial meltdown. Even if they do get more money, it is only more loans which will have huge rates of interest due to the bank understanding their desperation for cash. City cannot afford Julio, never mind Roque.

Take out a huge cigar and ready yourself for victory come saturday... :D

Muppets! Think this comment is the funniest

"There is clearly a lot of hurting from Blackburn over Hughes. Frank needs to smash the piggy bank to get this lad here. He is clearly interested"

How the Beep is he clearly interested???

Mark Hughes: "We have made a substantial offer and we will have to wait and see what happens next. It shows the club is in a good shape financially that we are able to make a bid of that significance for another player. There have been stories of a financial crisis but that is clearly not the case."

:angry2: Let them feel the significance of our refusal immediately. How about a 200k bid for Micah Richards? Jack Walker - style.

Lets wish RSC a happy birthday on Saturday.

We (us the fans) can keep Roque here by showing how much we like him and his fit wife. ;)

Good interview with Ray Matthias:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7561607.stm

A bit worrying is that he says that Roque is staying AT THE MOMENT. I wish he'd said Roque staying full stop.

Sounded like a little competition between the old regime and the new one is present.

Roque better stay, he is class.

Occasionally players do have their mind focused on a higher scale of football, and sometimes you can't change that." - higher scale of football at Spurs? Someone tell Matthias we finished above them last year - again.

We've worked hard in pre-season and now we go into the big situation at Everton on Saturday where we have to get points - and it's vitally important we do pick up points early in the season.

If you get a good set of results it breeds confidence and hopefully you can go from there and that's we what we want to achieve. - he sounds frightened to me.

At this present time Roque Santa Cruz is staying

and Roque, at this moment in time, is one of our players. - The rovers official statement yesterday was far more convincing.

Matthias doesn't convince me.

Rovers simply cannot afford to sell Cruz under ANY circumstances.

15 even 20 Million it does not matter how much coin that sham of a club come back with,after making public statements that he is going nowhere a sale would mean Rovers losing all credibility.....the repercussions would be massive on and off the field of play.To reiterate in the strongest terms possible, for our ex-manager to try and unsettle our main player on the eve of kick off is nothing short of a f'kin disgrace.........

GO AWAY HUGHES YOU CRETIN! :angry:

Archived