BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ince was on SSN and has reiterated that Roque and Warnock are not for sale.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3989099,00.html

Ince, who makes his bow as a Premier League manager at Everton on Saturday, has quashed rumours that any of his players are about to be sold and believes that some rivals are purposefully trying to unrest his squad.

"I've sat down with Roque and we've had a chat and the lad is happy to stay at Blackburn Rovers," Ince told Sky Sports News.

"It annoys me because I think there are clubs out there who are trying to unsettle my players and it's not something that I'm happy about.

"The likes of Roque and Steve Warnock, they're all staying, I don't want to sell my best players unless I want to sell them and Roque and Steve are two, definitely two players, that I don't want to sell and they definitely won't be sold.

"They're staying, as far as I'm concerned that's the end of the story."

Excellent Paul.

Now ban Mathias from the interview room.

Is there a big splash in the LT about RSC's Skysports interview yesterday? There should be.

Andy Neild was there throughout with his cameraman, so I don't see why not, on second thoughts.............

"I've sat down with Roque and we've had a chat and the lad is happy to stay at Blackburn Rovers," Ince told Sky Sports News.

"The likes of Roque and Steve Warnock, they're all staying, I don't want to sell my best players unless I want to sell them and Roque and Steve are two, definitely two players, that I don't want to sell and they definitely won't be sold.

"They're staying, as far as I'm concerned that's the end of the story."[/b]

CAN EVERYONE READ THAT??? Now get behind the manager and support your team. Both are staying. Nobody is leaving, only new players coming in!

Ince was on SSN and has reiterated that Roque and Warnock are not for sale.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3989099,00.html

Ince, who makes his bow as a Premier League manager at Everton on Saturday, has quashed rumours that any of his players are about to be sold and believes that some rivals are purposefully trying to unrest his squad.

"It annoys me because I think there are clubs out there who are trying to unsettle my players and it's not something that I'm happy about.

"They're staying, as far as I'm concerned that's the end of the story."

Well done Mr Ince. One in the plus column for you. More of this, please.

and after all that, BBC report that Man City have increased their bid and Spurs have joined in.

I have never read a negative news story on BBC about us that hasn't come true.

1) you don't follow the BBC very carefully

2) you have now!

Before anybody rants on .. I do not think Santa will be leaving unless a serious 20m+ is levied at Rovers

However , the worrying aspect that I don't think anybody has picked up upon , and of course it is true - is why the reports are 12m and Nicko is saying it was only 8m.

If Nicko is correct in what he is saying - what makes Citeh think that that 8M would be taken seriously anyway if at all genuine and not just a spam - does Hughes know something we don't?

Or are they really deluded and totally down the creek without a paddle and drowning?

1) you don't follow the BBC very carefully

2) you have now!

Tottenham have joined Manchester City in the battle to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Roque Santa Cruz. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City hope to win the race for Santa Cruz by increasing their bid to £15m and have also registered an interest in £10m-rated Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito. (The Independent)

Before anybody rants on .. I do not think Santa will be leaving unless a serious 20m+ is levied at Rovers

However , the worrying aspect that I don't think anybody has picked up upon , and of course it is true - is why the reports are 12m and Nicko is saying it was only 8m.

If Nicko is correct in what he is saying - what makes Citeh think that that 8M would be taken seriously anyway if at all genuine and not just a spam - does Hughes know something we don't?

Or are they really deluded and totally down the creek without a paddle and drowning?

re City, almost cerainly is the answer.

Using your former club as a prop for your PR stunt is as low as it gets.

But there again, does Sparky know that the number on the fax was only £8m???? Perhaps he believes a genuine £12m going up to £15m bidding process is going on like he genuinely believes attempts to sell his squad have stopped.

And there is the answer.

Any potential investors that Citeh would wish to attract to the club will take one look at the `bids`,and probably think that things aren`t as bad as they appear to be.

[investor to Frank]

"hey Frankie what`s this i hear about you being in a spot of financial bother?"

[Frank to investor]

"Rumours aren`t true how can it be? we have just bid £12m for superstar striker Roque Santa Cruz"

[investor to Frank]

"Oh ok then,here have some more money then"

Or something like that... :unsure::D

The fact that Berbetov is closing in on a move to Man Utd leaves me with no doubt where Santa Cruz will be playing his football come September 1st.

I just hope we/they don;t leave it until the very last minute so we don't end up short of time with regards to finding a replacement.

as far as im concerned we have to turn down all bids even if they get up to 20 mill +, not a chance we will attract a big name between now and september that is capable of banging in 20 + a season. Ince cant be tempted by large bids, it will just show us as a selling club. I cant see us selling another star player to spurs and i think spurs have a few other replacements lined up for berbatov providing he is going. Arshavin being one.

If he leaves he also leaves his brother who will have came here because of roque. He seems like a genuine kind of guy and i dont generally trust what alot of footballers say but i trust roque.

The give away that it is a fake story is the line that RSC is about to hand in a transfer request.

Has any EPL player ACTUALLY handed in a transfer request so far this summer? We know Keith Andrews did but he's not a Premier League player.

I think Spurs are looking outside the UK and if they do come for Roque it would be an admission of failure on at least four other targets.

Anyway, as Nicko has commented, an absolutely dismal failure by the Rovers PR department this morning.

The fact that Berbetov is closing in on a move to Man Utd leaves me with no doubt where Santa Cruz will be playing his football come September 1st.

I just hope we/they don;t leave it until the very last minute so we don't end up short of time with regards to finding a replacement.

First thought that crossed my mind, must admit.

In our favour however, is the fact that RSC and family are happily settled in the NW.

I don't know the particulars of his domestic situation, but we are coming up to the start of the school year and he doesn't appear the type of person that would be dazzled by the bright lights at the expense of this factor.

Archived