BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember you!

I'm playing golf near Adlington on Sunday at Douglas Valley - do you know it?

Yeh, don't live to far away, never played there though.

Be careful we'll be getting shouted at for going off topic :o

Roque just been on Sky:

Will you be staying at Rovers "yes"

Are you happy to stay "of course I am". "The speculation hass been going all seaso, when the matches start hopefully the talk will stop".

Throughout the interview he was relaxed and had a smile on his face.

Mr Cruz you have restored my faith in the modern footballer.

Steady now Kamy..the flat earthers on this site will have it meaning :-" Come and get me ..Villa/Citeh/Spurs .." and that Incy/JW was holding a gun to his head!

Steady now Kamy..the flat earthers on this site will have it meaning :-" Come and get me ..Villa/Citeh/Spurs .." and that Incy/JW was holding a gun to his head!

Cue T4E.......

Ditto.

Good work all round Rovers.

:lol:

Good try.

Quite frankly its despicable by Hughes to try and buy/unsettle or main striker just days before the new season starts.....appalled :angry:

I agree.

I think Hughes knows exactly how well run and professional BRFC is behind the scenes and is using it to his advantage.

He knows there's no chance of a Simon Jordan / David Gold / Daniel Levy type outburst from JW, so he probably thinks he's an easy target to push around.

Shame, because he must have known full well £12m wasn't going to do anything other than get laughed at and, at best, possibly unsettle RSC, so it does show him up for what he's become at City.

He perhaps should worry more about which players will still be around between now and September 1st, rather than trying to upset those at other clubs. I suspect it'll just be window shopping for a while, Mark, with the odd 'realistic' bid to keep your own fans onside. Unless of course, your board present you with some cash generated by the sale of another first teamer. Of course you'll fully support the decision - you'll have no choice!

Like den said elsewhere, it's a poor do and a very quick way to earn an instant dislike from supporters who were pretty much 100% behind him at Ewood.

Guess it'll make his resignation / sacking a little sweeter in the future.

Roque just been on Sky:

Are you happy to stay "of course I am". "The speculation hass been going all seaso, when the matches start hopefully the talk will stop".

Mr Cruz you have restored my faith in the modern footballer.

you gotta be kidding me.

Hughes - "I have so much unfinished business to do, I have a job at Rovers" - a few months later - gone

Bentley - "I'm staying, I love the club." - granted, almost half a year later - desperate to leave, gone

Friedel - "I am never leaving. I'm playing for Rovers out of love, not money, this is my club" - a few months later gone

And those are just the ones from this summer. How on Earth anyone can trust what a footballer says is beyond me.

For the first time this summer, I felt uplifted happy excited and a sense of how great it is to be a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Well done and thank you Roque!

And I bet a hell of a lot of people in and around Ewood Park feel the same.

Roque just been on Sky:

That was because of all the Rovers fans behind the camera holding their spades, axe's, garden forks to make sure Roque didn't say the wrong thing. :lol:

I may regret saying this...

Santa has always seemed in a different league of professionalism when it came to footballers. I really do believe the guy is loyal and a geniune all round class act.

Its great Cruz is staying but forget the player 'love in' my friend....after the Freidel episode my belief in players is shot to hell.

Archived