BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched the Paraguy v Brazil game last night and have to say that Roque was immense. Scored and also didn't give the Brazil defence a moment's peace. Shows that he is now playing with confidence, although the better he plays it increases the chances of him leaving Rovers.

Cruz would be ideal for UTD I reckon .....(from their point of view) . He has the ideal temperament and quality to work alongside the likes of Rooney , Ronaldo and Tevez .

Cruz would be ideal for UTD I reckon .....(from their point of view) . He has the ideal temperament and quality to work alongside the likes of Rooney , Ronaldo and Tevez .

I suspect like Stam nad RVN he'd absolutely hate the old RFW.

• 4 weeks later...
Talksport tittle tattle linking Roque with.........surprise, surprise Spuds :angry:

That has to be reasonably positive in a backhanded sort of way doesn't it, if Spuds can't afford Bentley, they definitely can't afford Roque on top.

Unless we have allowed him a "clause" letting him leave for ten bob and two tins of Crown paint if a team qualified for the UEFA Cup come in for him................

All they have to do is come for our player and that's it. EVERY player in the world would want to Play for Tottenham.

:rolleyes:

And plenty do based on the fact that they play in London. It's only afterwards that they wonder why they did.

All this speculation in the press over Roque, as usual nobody has any idea apart from the player himself - the quotes attributed to him after the Macclesfield game seem to have been taken slightly differently by two reporters. This direct quote appears in today's Guardian and the BBC Sport website...

"Many said my transfer to a bigger club was impending but I am used to this now and my attention is focused on Blackburn," he said. "I am happy for the great season that I had, the important goals I scored for a small club. I am motivated by the interest of other clubs but I repeat, if I do not leave, the plan is to have a better season with Blackburn."

David Hytner in the Guardian has written this around a story titled 'Arsenal and Tottenham prepare to move for Santa Cruz', with the first sentence as 'Roque Santa Cruz has told Paul Ince, his new manager at Blackburn Rovers, that he wants to leave for a bigger club...'

The BBC Sport website has the exact same quote from Roque, under the headline 'Santa Cruz keen to stay at Rovers', with the first sentence as 'Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz has played down speculation that he is seeking a move away from Ewood Park...'

I've not read about this story on any other news sites, partly because if I see it spun a third way my brain will force itself from my head as I try to make sense of it all. I only know three things...

1) Nobody has a clue where RSC will play next season

2) I hope he's still a Rover

3) I decided not to get his name on the back of the last year's kit I just bought, just in case

Arsenal and Tottenham prepare to move for Santa Cruz [Guardian]

Santa Cruz keen to stay at Rovers [bBC]

I find this time of year very trying; I wish I could just avoid looking at the back of newspapers or sifting through this site, because it's all potentially media rubbish until you see the picture of the player holding a scarf or a jersey. But I can't, god damn it! I just have to put myself through it all too, and get hung up on every thread or article..... roll on 1st september!!!

I reckon Rocky'll stay by the way ;)

I think Roque will stay for another season and then move on. He'll have two years left on his contract and will probably use the "I want to play Champions League football" line. I guess that diminishes the notion of Spurs signing him. :lol:

I think Arsenal might have other options should Adebayor leave. Eto'o perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure he will, but all the links and such will certainly cloud his head a little.

He doesn't seem the sort to moan or throw a hissy fit but his concentration may be thrown off.

The last thing I want to hear from him is "Man City are a big club and I am flattered but there is no truth to these rumors at present" the phrase seems to be issued to Blackburn staff/players with thier contract.

Now 17.38.

Has anyone's opinion on Roque staying changed. :huh:

What is it Nicko, always quotes'

Football changes by the minute.

It's certainly true at the moment for Rovers.

Rovers are rocking badly.

Ince needs to get a grip and quick.

I am not a doom and gloom merchant.

The club has really got to get a message out to all.

We will not be bullied into selling our best players, they are not for sale.

Players that want to leave, apply in the normal way, and we will deal with it, as best suites Blackburn Rovers.

Not the poxy agents back pocket. :angry2::angry:

Oh...I'm ashamed to say I don't even know what that is. :unsure:

Edit: That was for Frisky Jim.

67...it does make a change (although there is someone else that does it as well) but it's bloody hard to read, I get half way down and then give up.

Oh...I'm ashamed to say I don't even know what that is. :unsure:

Edit: That was for Frisky Jim.

67...it does make a change (although there is someone else that does it as well) but it's bloody hard to read, I get half way down and then give up.

Fine, it's not something, i do a lot of. I'm just pi@@ed off with all the speculation. :lol:

"67splitscreen" is my 40 year old VW splitscreen camper van.

Archived