BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once, just for once, I'd love John Williams to publically threaten one of the ten bob hacks who seem to love linking RSC and the lass in the ticket office with everybody from Ci'eh to Stalybridge.

Bentley I can take, maybe I could even do without Roque, but if the lass in the ticket office went I'd be complaining in the strongest possible terms.

Wait a minute. A club who has just spent £19m on some unproven Brazilian who's never played in one of the top european leagues want a 26 year old international who scored 23 goals in his first season in the Premier League, after a highly decorated spell at one of europes biggest clubs, FOR £7M LESS??

Well, not really £19m, just the £3-4m downpayment if reports are to be believed. It just looks like a typical throwaway message on their ticker thing, typical SSN with nothing else being mentioned about it.

Official site

That should do it.

The club has issued the following statement – “A bid came in last night and was immediately rejected. Various Manchester City officials have been advised on a number of occasions that the player would not be for sale. We are very disappointed, therefore, that they have continued their interest. We are not Argos and Roque is not available over the next four years at £250,000 per month, we have told them to stick their offer in their council owned pipe and smoke it."

Interesting reading some of the comments on a City board about their bid for Roque:

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/phpbb3/view...=a&start=10

Just a few for those that can't view the link and want a laugh:

"Blackburn were bound to reject the first offer, like someone else has said if we do go back and RSC says he wants to leave then they can tell their fans they did all they could. Still think it will happen just may take a few days.

appointing Ince was the worst decision they could have made, when you think that Laudrup had an interview !"

and

"why would they feel the need to issue a statement at all?

I think they are resigned to either him, if he hasnt already, handing in a transfer request, City upping their bid, and somewhere along the line caving in and this is damage limitation which they will be able to say to the fansd well, we didnt want him to go and rebuffed interest, ultimately we dont want a player here against his will.

Theyve already caved to friedel and bentley, if they get a good price and can get a replacement lined up in time i see no reason this wont go through.

Its not exactly like the Corluka affair where a deal was stopped at the eleventh hour, its an initial bid."

Interesting reading some of the comments on a City board about their bid for Roque:

"Blackburn were bound to reject the first offer, like someone else has said if we do go back and RSC says he wants to leave then they can tell their fans they did all they could. Still think it will happen just may take a few days.

appointing Ince was the worst decision they could have made, when you think that Laudrup had an interview !"

and

I think they are resigned to either him, if he hasnt already, handing in a transfer request, City upping their bid, and somewhere along the line caving in and this is damage limitation which they will be able to say to the fansd well, we didnt want him to go and rebuffed interest, ultimately we dont want a player here against his will.

Theyve already caved to friedel and bentley, if they get a good price and can get a replacement lined up in time i see no reason this wont go through.

Its not exactly like the Corluka affair where a deal was stopped at the eleventh hour, its an initial bid."

Eerrr....can anyone tell me why I'm not laughing?

and

Would someone explain exactly why these are funny? It seems too much like reality to be funny. Truthfully if Roque goes it's down to the new regime- it has to be. And they should be out of the door right after him. And if they're not and we get Fowler and Andrews. Someone should just put him out of our misery

Would someone explain exactly why these are funny? It seems too much like reality to be funny. Truthfully if Roque goes it's down to the new regime- it has to be. And they should be out of the door right after him. And if they're not and we get Fowler and Andrews. Someone should just put him out of our misery

That's why I'm not laughing I think.

Jan,

You are an accountant I believe..I thought it was an offence to attempt to buy something when you haven't got any money and your credit card is maxed out!

I'm rolling around the floor....( i'd put LMAO..if I knew what it stood for!!!)

Next week :City bid for Ronaldo AND Rooney and say they are building a new stadium to ground share with Oldham.

Good to see no-one's knee-jerking to the news that a rival club that has:

1) serious financial issues

2) a fugitive chairman and

3) wayward board members touting round key team players for sale behind the manager's back

are capable of offering a transfer fee worth roughly half of our star player's value.

All as part of a PR drive to convince their own fans that all's well afterall and there's little to fret about <_<

Of course there's not - City were trying to flog their own 1st team players on the sly just for a laugh and not because they need money in the bank ASAP.

Sounds too much like reality? Sounds more like City fans trying to convince themselves everything's rosy to me.

Don't let that stop anyone adding it to an anti-ince agenda though.

What on earth are you talking about? No-one will be sold to city, for the simple reason that they have no cash. No way is an astute operator like John Williams going to sell a player of Roque's worth for £1 down and the rest over 23758 months (even if such a move was considered and it is not being).

Mum - are you not in the slightest bit worried that they may have found the cash for this? I mean, I understand the points being made, they seemingly have no cash, its a publicity stunt, etc etc. But I am like a few others on here - I can't bring myself to laugh about it just in case they somehow have managed to cobble some cash together and are deadly serious about taking the big guy away.

I've got a horrible feeling that, if they did have the means to try it, they would be successful. I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Just thinking back - didn't someone on here say a few days ago that in England transfer fees had to be paid over a maximum of two years or something similar? Hence why everyone Citeh bought last year was from outside the PL?

Why does everyone get so hysterical?

So what if City offer £20m if Rovers don't want to sell they won't sell. It's not like we need the money at the moment and the player has stated his desire to leave as in the bentley deal

Archived