BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the club allowing Roque to go even if there were cash on the nail. Many fans who are already very upset at the moment would simply not put up with it. The gates would fall drastically. I'm sure the club is well aware of this. And please don't keep touting that nonsense about Bentley and Friedel either. The timing was not good but all evidence seems to be that they had already made up their minds to go. Those who don't think so have their views and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. They've gone and there is nothing that can be done about it.

As far as Fowler is concerned, I am not happy to see him at Rovers, particularly with a contract. There are too many past issues with him for me to feel that he is a good influence on our players. That is my view, I'm not going to keep saying it. If Ince feels Fowler has a part to play so be it. Time will prove who is right and who is wrong. If that is to the detriment of our club I will be less than happy.

Problem is Mum, if Rocky thinks Citeh is best for him and says he wants to leave, chances are he will. I cannot remember many occasions where a players has told us he wanted to go and then ended up staying. I can think of many where the player got his own way.

Problem is Mum, if Rocky thinks Citeh is best for him and says he wants to leave, chances are he will. I cannot remember many occasions where a players has told us he wanted to go and then ended up staying. I can think of many where the player got his own way.

Would Santa Cruz do that? Not many players do plus City would still have to match our valuation

Unknot your knickers everyone

Barry and Ronaldo this summer... but they are playing for managers who know their arsenals from their elbows.

Would Santa Cruz do that? Not many players do plus City would still have to match our valuation

I'm not sure, I don't know him. Mark Hughes did it, and I always thought he was a clever guy.

Barry and Ronaldo this summer... but they are playing for managers who know their arsenals from their elbows.

Granted - although Ronaldo is already at a huge club, and I think most people still expect Barry to leave.

It's City, though, Tugs. Can't see it happening even if Roque thought it might.

Again, Hughesy did it. I hope you're right.

I'm not sure, I don't know him. Mark Hughes did it, and I always thought he was a clever guy.

Again, Hughesy did it. I hope you're right.

Agreed, in the right circumstances I think Roque would move to City and eventually will move to pastures new, but hopefully to a much bigger club.

Worth remembering that the revelations about City have mostly come out after Hughes' move to Eastlands.

Just one slightly sobering thought.

Apparently City borrowed the circa £6m from somewhere to get Hughes and the Taffia in. Where did they get that from? Who is to say that avenue isn't still open for them?

Under the right circumstances, City may be able to cobble the cash together. I hope we don't try to call their bluff.

I hope we don't try to call their bluff.

Why on earth would we do that?

Other than the fact that hypothetically it would be a bit of a hoot if Citeh couldn't come up with the money.

In the real world we'd be risking losing RSC for a fraction of his real value.

Guest Kamy100

Roque just been on Sky:

Will you be staying at Rovers "yes"

Are you happy to stay "of course I am". "The speculation hass been going all seaso, when the matches start hopefully the talk will stop".

Throughout the interview he was relaxed and had a smile on his face.

Mr Cruz you have restored my faith in the modern footballer.

Comments by Dunny in the LET about Roque and why we need to keep him:

"Meanwhile, David Dunn is hopeful that Rovers will hang on to Santa Cruz before the transfer window slams shut on August 31.

Dunn is hopeful that Paul Ince sticks to his guns by refusing to allow any more of his key players to leave Ewood Park this summer.

He said: “I’m sure there’s no way in a million years that Roque will be allowed to leave Blackburn.

“He’s such a massive player for us, those 20-goal a season players are difficult to find and difficult to replace, so I’m sure the club will do all they can to keep hold of him.”

Source: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...Santa_Cruz_bid/

Apparently City borrowed the circa £6m from somewhere to get Hughes and the Taffia in. Where did they get that from? Who is to say that avenue isn't still open for them?

Have to admit, this was a concern for me up until about 5mins ago! (which was even more conforting for me since someone sent a very decent bbc headline mock-up of an agreed £14.85m RSC transfer to MCFC..)

The fact that they've tried to shift 1st teamers on the sly to raise cash instead of going straight back to the mystery loanee would make me think maybe getting their hands on more loans was proving harder than it was last time.

Anyway, looks like it's sorted now anyway, onwards to 11pm!

Just spoke to John Williams down at Ewood and he said " I promise you RSC will not be going anywhere"

Tris

Were you there on your own, or did you take kids with you to use as an excuse to get extra auutographs/pics.?

I took my daughter and the players wre very good and made a fuss over her.

We had a great time!

Two youngish lads said they were going to get Fowlers name put on their shirts if he signs! He might be a poor player now, but still a great marketing tool!

Tris

Were you there on your own, or did you take kids with you to use as an excuse to get extra auutographs/pics.?

I took my daughter and the players wre very good and made a fuss over her.

We had a great time!

Two youngish lads said they were going to get Fowlers name put on their shirts if he signs! He might be a poor player now, but still a great marketing tool!

Tris? :o

Just watched it, hoping its true and genuine. If someone like Bellamy had said that i would have serious doubts, but with Roque you feel he is down to earth and his conduct so far at the club has been so professional.

I'm under no illusions though that nothing is certain in football and that money talks.

Just have to wait and see.

Archived