BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was waiting for that - brilliant news.

Of course the media will totally ignore it.

Haha of course, have to wait for a few of the jokers to catch up with the news, meanwhile they'll still report every club under the sun has made 'official' bids for him!

Happy days, maybe his bro helped make up his mind!!

On a serious note, if that had any sway on the deal at all then it has to be put down as a good signing, even if Julio never plays for the club!

Haha of course, have to wait for a few of the jokers to catch up with the news, meanwhile they'll still report every club under the sun has made 'official' bids for him!

Happy days, maybe his bro helped make up his mind!!

On a serious note, if that had any sway on the deal at all then it has to be put down as a good signing, even if Julio never plays for the club!

I don't think it made any difference, he knows hes at a great club where he will get regular football with stability and another young manager taking things forward. They are the only reasons he would have signed.

Oh and money!!!

This is a big statement to the press aswell. Rovers aren't there to be pushed around and we can hold onto our big players.

Where on earth did this come from?! Absolutely sensational news!

Over the years that I've supported the club we've had some good servants and some good characters, but I've never had a better impression of a footballer than I do of Roque, he seems the ultimate professional. His work ethic is never lacking, he never stirs things in the press, he doesn't talk of transfer speculation. It's actually as if he shares my outlook on professional football: that he is lucky to be fit and healthy enough to play, to be good enough to be a regular in a Premier league side and to not have to sit on the bench. Money doesn't seem to be as big a motivator, Rque's happiness seems to stem from being at a well run club, bring injury free and playing regular first team football.

People may well quote me on this next summer when he's playing for a Champions League side, but I really can see Roque staying for these four years and beyond.

Where on earth did this come from?! Absolutely sensational news!

Over the years that I've supported the club we've had some good servants and some good characters, but I've never had a better impression of a footballer than I do of Roque, he seems the ultimate professional. His work ethic is never lacking, he never stirs things in the press, he doesn't talk of transfer speculation. It's actually as if he shares my outlook on professional football: that he is lucky to be fit and healthy enough to play, to be good enough to be a regular in a Premier league side and to not have to sit on the bench. Money doesn't seem to be as big a motivator, Rque's happiness seems to stem from being at a well run club, bring injury free and playing regular first team football.

People may well quote me on this next summer when he's playing for a Champions League side, but I really can see Roque staying for these four years and beyond.

If he has another season like last year expect to see him in the CL, I think this guy could play there again. Not with Rovers. But I could see the Arsenals and Utd coming in for him if he remains consistant. I would be happy for the guy becasue as you rightly point out he seems like a real pro. Unlike Bellamy and the like.

on second thought... wonder how much the release clause is. :mellow:

wonderful news!

santa cruz has dealt with his 'transfer saga' superbly. he has shown great loyalty and integrity, and in the process restored my faith in the modern day footballer.

this caps off a fantastic week. the feel good factor is certainly back and long may it continue.

I'm gonna back him to bag a hat-trick against hull too.

PS. i wouldnt waste youre time with talksport- it's tabloid radio in the extreme.

(apart from danny kelly and collymore) they are a bunch of wind-up merchants, who's sole job is to get everybody at it, so they ring in and swell the companies coffers!

Who is this Parry fella? Alan Parry? I'm going to be having some serious words with him.

I was listening to Alan Parry the other day, He was moaning that there's no loyaltiy in football anymore and that he wish's that players would just stay where they are happy.

Shame he only ment in regards to Everton.

It's annoying to hear that Santa Cruz's descision to stay is beeing looked upon this way.When Gerrard decieded to stay at Liverppol the media was out in force telling us how great it it was for such a player to turn down the lure of chelsea.

I am DELIGHTED that Roque has signed a new contract. It's about time big players showed some loyalty to the clubs that brought them their success.

Also if Roque were to be sold it would guarantee Rovers at least 20 million pounds in transfer fees but hopefully he continues his goalscoring success and doesn't move until the time is right.

Archived