BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

I've never heard of them. What do they do that a non-interactive white board doesn't?

Means you can write on them and store your work. the kids can play interactive languages games on them and so on. You can show your dvds direct from your computer or any of the work you have stored on it to the whole class. You can also annotate work and either save or discard the annotations. You can wipe it rewrite it etc. You can use someone else's lesson material if you pull it out of staffshare onto your board. Every classroom in every school has one now. We've come a long way since chalk and talk(thank goodness because chalk used to play havoc with my hands) there's a lot more you can do but I'm still learning. Mark Hughes has one in the Rovers dressing room along with the non interactive one

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roque has won the "NUTS Bargain of the Season award". Nice to see one of our lads get some recognition. Well done Roque!!

See official site for info on the screening of the awards.

Beeni won it last year and thats when the whole "McCathy to Chelsea" thing started after his interview.

Means you can write on them and store your work. the kids can play interactive languages games on them and so on. You can show your dvds direct from your computer or any of the work you have stored on it to the whole class. You can also annotate work and either save or discard the annotations. You can wipe it rewrite it etc. You can use someone else's lesson material if you pull it out of staffshare onto your board. Every classroom in every school has one now. We've come a long way since chalk and talk(thank goodness because chalk used to play havoc with my hands) there's a lot more you can do but I'm still learning. Mark Hughes has one in the Rovers dressing room along with the non interactive one

A school I worked at chose to get these instead of extra assisting staff.. They're neat though.

Off topic thread continued :)

A school I worked at chose to get these instead of extra assisting staff.. They're neat though.

Off topic thread continued :)

Not quite off topic because I did point out that our manager has one to show Roque Santa Cruz how the opposition play!

http://www.pa-sport.com/en/actim/actim-index-premier.html

3rd best player of the season according to them, above Torres too it should be noted. They take hundreds of different factors into consideration.

Interesting actually, they rank our best players this season in this order:

Santa #3

Bentley #9

Friedel #25

Warnock #37

Samba #54

then we have no further players in the top 100.

Brad is second best 'keeper and David Bentley fourth best midfielder (and 9th best player overall) ahead of Steven Gerald.

Very impressive from all three Blackburn lads.

In the top 100, Brad comes 27th, Stephen Warnock 37th and Chris Samba 54th. although that is out of date and Bentley has now moved up to 9th.

You looking at the same table you'velinked to?

Brad's 3rd - Pepe Reina & David James ahead of him.

http://www.pa-sport.com/en/actim/actim-index-premier.html

3rd best player of the season according to them, above Torres too it should be noted. They take hundreds of different factors into consideration.

Interesting actually, they rank our best players this season in this order:

Santa #3

Bentley #9

Friedel #25

Warnock #37

Samba #54

then we have no further players in the top 100.

Unfortunately I'm not sure we can rely on that too much. If Pepe Reina is the best keeper in the Premiership this year then I'm a Chinaman.

Unfortunately I'm not sure we can rely on that too much. If Pepe Reina is the best keeper in the Premiership this year then I'm a Chinaman.

Well, you might be for all I know. We do have fans all over the world and my son is doing his best to convert Korea, so why not China?

Reina is probably near the top statistically due to a lot of clean sheets. But what you need to keep in mind is Liverpool have a solid back four defensively, plus they play with two holding midfielders. So they aren't going to conceed a lot of goals.

Reina i don't think is anywhere near as good as Friedal, and i certainly wouldn't swap him for Brad.

Reina is probably near the top statistically due to a lot of clean sheets. But what you need to keep in mind is Liverpool have a solid back four defensively, plus they play with two holding midfielders. So they aren't going to conceed a lot of goals.

This is exactly right. I always find it hard to accept any scientific based analysis that tells me who the best players are - there are far too many X-factors. If a goalkeeper has a lot of clean sheets, how much of the credit should be given to his defenders? If a goalkeeper makes a lot of saves, is that because his defence is bad and allows too many shots on goal? Or is it because his defence is solid and forces the opposition to shoot from distance, thus making the saves easier to make? Is successfully coming for crosses included in the analysis? Is coming and not getting there included?

Deciding who is 'the best' is very subjective - I can't imagine a non-Liverpool supporter citing Reina as the number 1 keeper in the league this season.

Santa to fill his boots today and become hands down hughes single best piece of business, which in my opinion would go as follows

1.SANTA

2.BENTLEY

3.NELSON

4.WARNOCK

5.BELLAMY(Would be higher if there was'nt a clause)

6.McCarthy(Would be higher if he could score more than once in a game)

7.SAMBA

8.VOGEL

9.SAVAGE(Would be higher if he did'nt cost £3m)

10.KHIZINISHVILLI

Santa is world class and the fact he is only 26, Its an absolute dream to have a player this good in the team i support. Bellers was good but he never had so much in his locker. What the hell bayern were doing selling so cheap is beyond me he s**** from a great height on the fella pizzaro at chelsea and that podolski fella looks nothing special! Its a long, long time since we had a player who i deemed worthy of having their name on the back of my shirt......I just don,t want to be having to burn said away shirt when £20+m comes a calling! On a side note if we do finish 6th it will be a discrace if Hughes is'nt manager of the year!

• 1 month later...
Guest Kamy100

Watched the Paraguy v Brazil game last night and have to say that Roque was immense. Scored and also didn't give the Brazil defence a moment's peace. Shows that he is now playing with confidence, although the better he plays it increases the chances of him leaving Rovers.

It all depends on the character of the man really doesn't it - It's easy to assume that his increased confidence and performance will make him want to leave, but all it will actually do is attract the attention of the other clubs. As far as how it affects him personally, he may see that Rovers are the reason for that increased confidence, and it may in fact breed loyalty.

I know it's a word that you don't hear about much in football, but you never know.

Archived