BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish Paul Ince would pronounce his name as 'Ro Kay' rather than 'Rocky'.

Maybe you should start spelling Friedel without an 'a' before saying things like that? Certain kitchen equipment immediately springs to mind.

so we can sell him onto Man U instead of Cruz senior? A bit like London Bridge instead of Tower Bridge to that Texan a few years ago

I think that's a good plan but lets sign Penelope Cruz and then do the deal.Fergie is getting on, his eyesights not as good and it will distract

Ronaldo from his day job! :rover:

Wonder if it's been a case of "Unless you give my kid brother a contract I'm off."

I say partly in jest although the fact that Rovers have been going through the process of signing his brother can't have harmed their cause with regard to his decision to stop.

Once again this guy has come out and defended both rovers and Ince, surely we wont be selling him. After the mouthing off of Bentley this must be some kind of consolation for us fans twiddling our thumbs until 31st August!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3954914,00.html

I have faith in Ince and in Roque, he's staying its just paper rumours at the moment. I just cant wait for the season to start!

Me neither and I can't wait to go to the West Ham Away game.....my first game since man city a few years ago. Now I gota full time job and I am earning I can now afford to venture out of Norfolk and watch the rovers!!!!!!!!!

PAUL INCE'S BARMY ARMY

BARMY ARMY

BARMY ARMY

Best to put it all in here boys and girls.

Anyway apparently it is being seriously considered - surely not?? £12m is way to low, as is £14m! And given the circumstances we shouldnt sell at all.

£14m may be enough?

Anyway Roque is supposed to be at ewood tomorrow at 2pm, can someone please go down and check he is there, also try to get some genuine info from the horses mouth!

Best to put it all in here boys and girls.

Anyway apparently it is being seriously considered - surely not?? £12m is way to low, as is £14m! And given the circumstances we shouldnt sell at all.

£14m may be enough?

Anyway Roque is supposed to be at ewood tomorrow at 2pm, can someone please go down and check he is there, also try to get some genuine info from the horses mouth!

I've seen some rubbish written in my time, but that article must be the biggest pile of horse manure ever written.

"Aren't Citeh wonderful - they must have loads of dosh after all"

"Aren't Blackburn crap - they are fairly desperate to keep him but will just let him walk out if another club ask about him."

I'm pretty certain John Williams doesn't value Roque at anything like 12m, nor would he let Ince announce no more players were leaving if any bids were under "serious consideration."

Wait a minute. A club who has just spent £19m on some unproven Brazilian who's never played in one of the top european leagues want a 26 year old international who scored 23 goals in his first season in the Premier League, after a highly decorated spell at one of europes biggest clubs, FOR £7M LESS??

Insulting really. Hughes is gonna have to do better than that.

Wait a minute. A club who has just spent £19m on some unproven Brazilian who's never played in one of the top european leagues want a 26 year old international who scored 23 goals in his first season in the Premier League, after a highly decorated spell at one of europes biggest clubs, FOR £7M LESS??

Yes but in their defence they have been having a few money problems. It's the least we can do to lower the price a bit for them.

Then again why doesn't John Williams come out and say "Reports in the national press referring to interest...." / "We have received a bid.... from Manchester City for RSC, not only is this unwelcome it is totally under the value we place on our player. It fact it's laughable. Roque had a fantastic season last year, which was his first season in the Premier League and he is an integral part of our plans not only for 2008/09 but further ahead. As we stated on Monday, no further players will be leaving the club this summer. We can't make that any clearer, any clubs bidding for our players will be wasting their time and in the case of Manchester City they should perhaps look to get their own house in order instead of trying to disrupt ours. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it."

The problem is if we do that Roque might get a bit upset.

I mean our highly paid heros have been having a bit of rough time of it recently. They only get to work for an hour or two a day, and big nasty boss man has been making them do sit ups and press ups. They'd rather be fannying around with pro zone and computer games.

The last thing we want is the poor little fellas feeling obliged to somewhat honour the big money contracts they have signed. That could be a job for the unions, and the last thing we need is prospective signings thinking they can't walk all over us. Who on earth would sign a £30,000 a week contract if they didn't believe they could leave it after 12 months???!!!

Yes but in their defence they have been having a few money problems. It's the least we can do to lower the price a bit for them.

Then again why doesn't John Williams come out and say "Reports in the national press referring to interest...." / "We have received a bid.... from Manchester City for RSC, not only is this unwelcome it is totally under the value we place on our player. It fact it's laughable. Roque had a fantastic season last year, which was his first season in the Premier League and he is an integral part of our plans not only for 2008/09 but further ahead. As we stated on Monday, no further players will be leaving the club this summer. We can't make that any clearer, any clubs bidding for our players will be wasting their time and in the case of Manchester City they should perhaps look to get their own house in order instead of trying to disrupt ours. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it."

A "pipe" dream Bob. When has the club ever stood up for itself? I am all for the dignified way the club goes about it's business but it's no wonder we are a doormat club when certain journalists/publications, agents and snivelling little ***** like David Bentley constantly **** on us with impunity.

Once, just for once, I'd love John Williams to publically threaten one of the ten bob hacks who seem to love linking RSC and the lass in the ticket office with everybody from Ci'eh to Stalybridge.

"Substantiate that or you will hear from our legal representatives if you repeat it."

Archived