BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grant Gone!

BBC news just reported Avram Grants Contract has been terminated!

OK just seen this has been mentioned in NICKOs THREAD... but must deserve its own!

Who should replace him?

Personally, as with Sven, I don't think he should have gone!!! Proved he was capable... just need a season to settle the team.

the flood gates are about to open methinks!

The defining moment, for me, was when Grant lost his head with the media for writing stories about internal rifts. It clearly showed that the pressure was getting to him and that he couldn't quite handle it. I guess other managers have blown vicious at the media but Grant's outburst had the hallmarks of a man sinking.

It needs a very strong character to manage that expensively assembled bunch of egomaniacs. In fact, it takes a super-egomaniac, like good ol' Jose.

Edit: John, there's about as much chance as Chelsea signing Mokoena to bolster their defence.

Complete outside shot, but a couple of times last season, Chelsea were linked with Mark Hughes.

Obviously, on the face of it, it seems like they will go for a more global (foreign) name, but you never know......

Pathetic but not un-expected.

Hopefully another £100m+ to be spent by chelsea soon - could help the market in making other players available to the market.

It will probably also inflate the price of players.

Ridiculous in my view.

Just because he is not a big fancy name like Mourinho doesn't mean he should be treated like he has done.

I feel really sorry for him. He was a couple of late equalisers away from winning the league and the width of a post away from doing what Mourinho couldn't while at Chelsea. Unlucky Avram.

Just because he is not a big fancy name like Mourinho doesn't mean he should be treated like he has done.

To be fair Mourinho was treated no better.

Didn't mind Grant but it's hardly a surprise.

Not surprised he has been sacked, I think on several occasions this season his lack of tactical knowledge and bad decision making has been pretty evident, the best known example is probably the League Cup final.

We all know Sparky is one of those that will be linked to the job. Apparently he was a Chelsea fan as a boy, he has played for the club and has shown he is one of the best young managers in the game. If Chelsea come calling I think he will be off, though I think Chelsea are more likely to look abroad instead.

Not surprised he has been sacked, I think on several occasions this season his lack of tactical knowledge and bad decision making has been pretty evident, the best known example is probably the League Cup final.

We all know Sparky is one of those that will be linked to the job. Apparently he was a Chelsea fan as a boy, he has played for the club and has shown he is one of the best young managers in the game. If Chelsea come calling I think he will be off, though I think Chelsea are more likely to look abroad instead.

Just because someone has mad a decent fist of managing the local corner shop, doesn't put them in line to take over Tescos.

Ridiculous.

Just hope they dont come sniffing round Hughes,with the money they have to spend,players they have at their disposal and the fact Hughes is a boyhood Chelsea fan..............

:unsure:

Why would they appoint a manager who has never won a trophy, never made a final and didn't get his team in to Europe last season? Grant got in because he was friends with Abramovich, but they'll go for someone with experience at the highest level this time.

Why would they appoint a manager who has never won a trophy, never made a final and didn't get his team in to Europe last season? Grant got in because he was friends with Abramovich, but they'll go for someone with experience at the highest level this time.

stan ternant it is then

Archived