BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Rememeber guys, it is a fact that we have one of the smallest transfer budgets in the Premiership.

Bearing that in mind, it simply would not be attractive to a Sven, Grant or even Ten Cate!

It all points towards Big Sam.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets look at Allardyce this way. He has already tried his moment on the other side of the grass with Newcastle and it harmed his reputation. I dont think any "bigger clubs" would come to take him from us and he might only leave us for England, if they ever come calling...

If we get a young manager then most likely any half decent job opens up and he is out of the door before you could say whats going on.

If Sam comes, fans wont, money dries up quicker than Tesco Value vodka in Essex = doom

Also, Sam never nurtured talent. I would seriously be worried about any signings for the future made under Sam. Warnock, Samba etc were all inspired for a club our size and budget. Campo and Hierro at Bolton were coups, yes, but hardly surprising they turned out as decent signings.

As soon as it all broke about Hughes going to Chelsea (and then Man City) I suspected we were destined for Allardyce. Looking at it rationally he ticks all the boxes

- local

- proven record with arguably lower resources than we have

- available quickly

- no compensation

So my head says it would be a good choice. However, I hated his comments after the Diouf diving incident (everyone cheats so we might as well), I hate his tactics and can see him driving Roque out by trying to turn him into Kevin Fatarse and frankly the whole thing with his son (and I'm picking my words carefully here) cast a huge shadow over him and Bolton. Even his droning voice annoys me so my heart says NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let's be honest, no top established manager will want to touch the job with a bargepole if they're going to be subject to the ridiculous financial constraints Hughes has had to contend with.

We will probably have to settle for a hungry up and coming young manager and arguably that might be the way to go irrespective of financial considerations.

I think Ince deserves a shot at a much higher level.

Allardyce might be the best of the gettable "established" brigade but again why would he want to risk his reputation further by coming to a job with no workable transfer budget?

The more I read and hear, I really do think (sorry folks) that we might have to get use to the fact the Sam A could be Rovers next manager! I feel it in my water.

But as I've said on another post... have faith in Mr. Williams, he hasn't let us down yet!

have faith in Mr. Williams, he hasn't let us down yet!

Has the Kingmaker changed since the late nineties (honest question)? Since King Kenny, our only good managers have been Souness (until his ego took over) and Sparky.

As much as it pains me to say it, i think i would have to leave my seat vacant if BFS becomes the next manager.

I cannot stand the guy.

Not sure who i fancy, i'm just praying Sparky seen sense, i doubt it though.

As much as it pains me to say it, i think i would have to leave my seat vacant if BFS becomes the next manager.

I cannot stand the guy.

Not sure who i fancy, i'm just praying Sparky seen sense, i doubt it though.

Im not so sure.Everything is pointing to Sam if this does happen and he does become our manager lets give the guy a chance,lets not assume that if sparky does leave we are them doomed to the fizzy pop league.(just tryin to lighten the mood a bit)

I'm not going to make any further comments on what I've said in the past, but it bewilders me how anyone can look at Allardyces' CV and have such serious resentment at the thought of him being our next manager.

BFS - NO THANKS

would love slavan bilic but we would have to wait till after the euro's, which dosent give much time to buy new players etc..

as for other people, im think grant and that henk cate guy are too big for us.

jurgen klingsman, he has no job!!!! ohh id love that, lighten p the week abit :rover:

I'm not going to make any further comments on what I've said in the past, but it bewilders me how anyone can look at Allardyces' CV and have such serious resentment at the thought of him being our next manager.

I doubt John Williams will let him do any "dodgy" dealings

Doesn't matter how good a manager he might or might not be for us or what style of football we might play. I can't bear the sight, sound or even the thought of him and I will not attend matches at ewood if he is appointed. It will make no difference financially to the club as my season ticket is paid for so will be a legitimate boycott.

Archived