BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper Allardyce has the perfect record for our next manager. Successful with a small team on a limited budget. The stigma over the football his sides are perceived to play, as evidenced on here, goes against him.

The other choice for me would be Paul Ince. He has a flawless record so far. A remarkable turnaround in keeping Macclesfield up and a superb season at MK Dons which saw them win the JP Trophy and their league. He was a winner as a player and I think has a big enough ego and personality to make the step up to being a Premiership manager.

My wildcard is for Roy Keane, a proven winner who maybe has spent alot of money at Sunderland and many would say on not a lot, but for me thats because hes taking them through the stages to get Sunderland to were Rovers currently are.

You must be joking. He'd break us.... and he is far far from being a proven winner.

Some realistic names posted so far, out of those Ince would get my vote if Hughesy does do one to citeh. Ok so maybe he's not experienced at top level management but he has the big name factor and knows the prem league very well.

One guy with a fantastic record currently out of work is Louis Van Gaal, ok so maybe his last season with AZ wasnt so great but the guy didnt do bad elsewhere!

One thing for sure, I'd rather have the Wife in charge at Ewood than Allardyce or McClown! :P

You must be joking. He'd break us.... and he is far far from being a proven winner.

EH!!! Roy Keane is far from being a proven winner, i'm English but this guy has the drive and ambition to succeed at any level. Aggressive maybe too aggressive at times for many Roy Keane is, but i did state him as a wildcard.

Rovers are way beyond being a club that just needs to survive in next years premiership, we are a club that has progressed well beyond that objective.

The foundations in place are rock solid, we have a team that plays football and can mix it with the best. In fact, yes we are the 7th best English team in the league and that would probably comfortably put us in the top 35 clubs in Western Europe. We have a club that has the best training facilities on offer, a good stadium, a perfect playing surface and footballing platform and a well run club that requires a little funding.

What Rovers do not want or need are the following types of manager :-

Young and inexperienced up and coming manager like Newell or Shearer.

Old tried and tested (and failed) like Dowie, Coppell and Warnock.

Oldies like Reid, Hoddle and Souness, or even Graham.

We dont need a Strachan or indeed a superstar type manager like Lippi.

We need a manager that can take this artistic and crafted group of players with a serious sense of work ethic and turn them into a team that is capable of further progression. That man has to have the experience and the background to succeed and he needs a backroom staff with nouse, know how and craft.

For me, looking at the long list of names suggested that man can only be Advocaat. He fits the bill to the tee. He has knowledge, skill, the nouse, the experience and background and he can work wonders on a limited budget. He can get the best out of the players and is a manager that was allegedly linked with the job before.

IF YOUR LISTENING MR WILLIAMS, WE DO NOT NEED A SAM ALLARDYCE :angry::angry:

Rovers have to continue their forward momentum, we can ill afford to be on the back foot.

Rovers fans are going to be angry and upset about losing Hughes and co to City and for me, it couldnt have happened at a worse time. Just as things are looking allround positive we lose our management and we are close to losing our star player. We ge things right off the field just as we have on the field then this happens.

Its now a delicate situation. Rovers just about to break season ticket sales again and the biggest spanner hits the wheel of cogs and it is enough to bring it all to a grinding halt. It is going to have a serious effect on crowds if the club dont get it right.

I can stomach Hughes leaving, I cant understand why he thinks City are going to be a better option even if they have more spending power. Thats all they have. They are not bigger on the pitch, positions prove that. They may have a bigger crowd but they dont own their stadium. If the ex England boss with masses of experience cant win anything having spent millions then how do they think Hughes will do so is beyond me. I think its a big mistake for him if he goes but then again I am a Rovers fan. Reading the various websites, I am not so sure he will get the welcome he may expect with his red mank connections. But we move on all thats gone and in the past.

THIS TIME ROVERS HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT APPOINTMENT FOR ALL SORTS OF VARYING REASONS :mellow:

Tugay for player-manager! :)

- A contemporary football man: Up and coming OR established - Tugay is not established, meaning he can only go up!

- Promotes a passing style of football - He'll play a passing game, and if he can convince the entire squad to have an invisible friend.... no way we can lose matches when its 22 v 11 on the pitch! :)

- Has a record for recruiting talented foreign players - he brought us Sukur didn't he?......

- Has a record for developing young players - Look at the work he's done turning Dunny from crock to dynamo, and never forget the leaps and bounds of one Mr. Mokoena!

- Has the gravitas to impress high profile players - with nearly 100 Turkish international caps, this is simple!

- Has a record of working under a tight budget - He took a pay cut to come back, so he knows the budget!

simple as! :P

- A contemporary football man: Up and coming OR established - Tugay is not established, meaning he can only go up!

- Promotes a passing style of football - He'll play a passing game, and if he can convince the entire squad to have an invisible friend.... no way we can lose matches when its 22 v 11 on the pitch! :)

- Has a record for recruiting talented foreign players - he brought us Sukur didn't he?......

- Has a record for developing young players - Look at the work he's done turning Dunny from crock to dynamo, and never forget the leaps and bounds of one Mr. Mokoena!

- Has the gravitas to impress high profile players - with nearly 100 Turkish international caps, this is simple!

- Has a record of working under a tight budget - He took a pay cut to come back, so he knows the budget!

simple as! :P

works for me

Wrote this reply whilst the Big Sam thread was still open, so I'll move it in to here:

Do you see Bentley or roque staying if he comes?

Big Sam good option but we're trying to up our attendances not lower them.

The attendance thing is an issue, I wrote a few days ago about that being the one risky part of appointing Big Sam.

Regarding Bentley and Roque...well, the first wants to leave even when Hughes is still here, so that's irrelevant. Why wouldn't Roque stay though? It's not like Allardyce managed a load of nobodies at Bolton, he got big names in there and kept them very happy; Anelka, Diouf, Okocha, Campo, Hierro etc. Anelka especially is a great example, if he was happy to play in an Allardyce team then I see no reason why any of our current lot wouldn't be.

Having been told to object to Allardyce on here I will. I can't stand anything about him. i don't care if that's childish. I don't care if it's illogical. I don't care what style of football he comes here to get the players to play. He makes my flesh creep. If I saw him coming down the street, I might have to turn off to avoid walking past him. I don't even want him here to clean the toilets as somebody else suggested. I just don't want him. There, have I objected enough? His whole persona is against the image I want my club to project. I dislike the man more than any other manager even SAF. Just a bit more objecting in case anyone didn't get the picture. It's irrelevant anyway because if the board decide he's the man for the job they'll appoint him, but to follow Hughes with him is just not good enough.

Erm...cows arse and banjo spring to mind. Plus he jumped ship as soon as Souness went, so i doubt him and Tugay are that close professionally speaking....

Accyrover

Archived