BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Losing Hughes would be bad enough, but if players like Santa Cruz and Bentley were then to use his departure as a reason to leave, we would be seriously f***ed. What would make matters worse would be if Hughes did an Ian Holloway and started raiding Rovers for new players. I still find it highly hypocritical of Hughes to talk about building something at Rovers and not allowing our best players to leave, if when a bigger club shows interest he abandons us when we are on the verge of having a team that can challenge for Europe each year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allardyce - can lead the teams with less budget, good records vs "strong" team. Yes he played long ball but I think we will stay at top half under him.

Mclaren - what? Are you kidding? We will be 0-4 down at first half and then 3-4 second half for every match.

Mancini. - His man management is BAD. He will have problems with McCarthy

Allardyce is the man for the job. Would fit rovers like an M&S suit. Also Billy Davis, Simon Grayson, Chris Coleman or Neil Warnock. Rovers must not be mister nice guy as they have in the past, if we want someones manager we do to that club what other clubs have done to us.

We must also be realistic a read earlier Riijard/Shearer double act, get real.

Don't knock M&S suits, £71 and it looks very dapper, if i do say so myself.

I wouldn't be happy with any of that list except maybe Coleman, but only because he did a good job keeping foolham up.

IMO We should be aiming alot higher.

Why are people posting on here about big name managers like Mancini, Rijkaard, Houlier, etc. GET REAL.

Unfourtunatly we will be attracting the less popular managers like McLaren, Allardyce & Jewell.

I can also see the departures of Bentley and Roque.

Who knows, maybe the reason for Hughes seeking further employment is because he told the board he doesnt want Bentley to go.

The board might well have said, sorry Mark but if the price is right....

Why are people posting on here about big name managers like Mancini, Rijkaard, Houlier, etc. GET REAL.

Unfourtunatly we will be attracting the less popular managers like McLaren, Allardyce & Jewell.

I can also see the departures of Bentley and Roque.

Who knows, maybe the reason for Hughes seeking further employment is because he told the board he doesnt want Bentley to go.

Sam Winward before Sam Allardyce!

Got a text this morning from a Geordie mate delighted in informing me that Allardyce is favourite for the Rovers job if (when) Hughes leaves.

If he comes all the great work by Sparky and Co. will be undone by Christmas.

BIG FAT SAM CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THIS CLUB.

Get Sounness back

Who is left from his squad. Freidal, Tugay, MGP, Emerton... was Bentley signed by him? Kishi?? I think there are enough players there for one or two noses to have been out of joint. I think as a whole, the players would be dead against it.

Friedel, Emerton, Tugay and MGP are all that are left from his signings. I'm pretty sure that most of them will like him.

The only player who would probably be unhappy would be Dunn.

If not Zico what about Arthur Antunes Coimbra?

Forget Souness, he'll fall out with all the players like he did last time, remember he was a couple of games from the sack when he left. Forget Rijkaard, Mancini etc, they wouldn't be interested in the job. McLaren/BFS - you must be joking!

I doubt it, he was looking at the Newcastle job when Bentley was happily not looking to move.

I also don't think the board would cross Hughes like that. He had been given funds to go out and spend and it would have been his choice to whether he wanted to sell.

Now we have to hang on to Santa Cruz and Bentley until our new boss walks in.

How depressing it is that the three names linked publically with the Rovers job are Allardyce, Maclaren and Jewell. I'd be astonished if we went for Maclaren - I think we can rule him out. Likewise with Jewell. He has a nice big transfer kitty that will see his side in the Premier League next year and with a lot of money to spend. That leaves Allardyce, out of work, returned early to the North West from a holiday in Spain and lives in the area.

I'd love us to go for Mowbray. He's young, English, a no-nonsense kinda guy with a good record in the transfer market. His team scores goals and plays good football. However, thinking about it a bit more, I doubt he'd want to move from WBA. He's already got his shot at the Premier League at a club with more money than Rovers and with a far greater support.

Otherwise, Henning Berg could be an interesting appointment.

If only this had have happened before Martin Jol took a job in Germany, because nobody else out there interests me whatsoever.

Hiya Guys

Not been on for a while but the potential loss of Hughes and his replacement definitely merits comment.

I've no real axe to grind here. From the side lines hughes appears to have done a wonderful job, coming in when Souness appeared to have you doomed for relegation and turning you into serious contenders for the European slots.

As for a replacement, well thats down to you lot but at this point I'd say your board have a huge job on - I don't think there are many candidates for your type of club that jump out at me as being ideal to follow hughes.

Good luck with the hunt - and remember, the gap is closing ;)

We have always done well taking a punt on an upcoming manager. Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Saxton, Mackay and Hughes. Once or twice we got experience when we needed it: Kenny, Souness.

We don't need experienced now, especially as that equates to damaged goods looking at the Sky list, so it's another upcoming one for me. But given a dressing room full of millionaires, the new guy has to have strong player credentials - show us yer medals is really the only thing these arrrogant thickos listen to, so for me Ince fits the bill.

The worry is that the club is going to be gutted from top to bottom once the Taffia ship out with their lord and master, so will an up and coming manager have the backroom staff who can also hold players' respect? Not sure Ince or someone like him will.

JW isn't looking for a new manager, he's looking for an entire management and coaching structure to come as a package. This may shift the emphasis back to experienced.

JW's job is a bit like a general: doesn't make many decisions, but the ones he makes are big ones. This is the biggest yet.

I would much prefer Jewell to BFS. McClaren I would accept but not be completely happy with (like i was when GS was appointed but he turned out great for us). But from the Man City list on sky bet (which i think would be similar for us) my choice would be Scolari, Bilic, Mancini, Grant, Advocaat, I would prefer a English manager though but if the only other option is Ince, no thanks. Dont think his attitude would cut it in the prem, the governator indeed.

We have always done well taking a punt on an upcoming manager. Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Saxton, Mackay and Hughes. Once or twice we got experience when we needed it: Kenny, Souness.

We don't need experienced now, especially as that equates to damaged goods looking at the Sky list, so it's another upcoming one for me. But given a dressing room full of millionaires, the new guy has to have strong player credentials - show us yer medals is really the only thing these arrrogant thickos listen to, so for me Ince fits the bill.

The worry is that the club is going to be gutted from top to bottom once the Taffia ship out with their lord and master, so will an up and coming manager have the backroom staff who can also hold players' respect? Not sure Ince or someone like him will.

JW isn't looking for a new manager, he's looking for an entire management and coaching structure to come as a package. This may shift the emphasis back to experienced.

JW's job is a bit like a general: doesn't make many decisions, but the ones he makes are big ones. This is the biggest yet.

Great post.

But wouldn't Ince still have the kudos within the footballing fraternity to assemble an impressive backroom staff? I can't see why not.

This goes in Allardyce's favour unfortunately.

Archived