BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

coleman has a good rekord at fulham with a small budget he stil got players like bullard, saha, boa morte and diop.

Coleman was appointed about 3 years after Saha and Boa Morte joined, at least try and get the facts right. I can't think of one excellent low-budget signing Coleman made at Fulham to be honest.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taken from a poster on Clarets Mad

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?...;mid=2129370470

have just seen Steve McLaren at the Lowry Hotel. I have a feeling that he could well be back in a job before long....

PHEW!! at least he wasnt spotted at the bloody Dunkenhalgh.....................

Cheers longsider1882 - cheered me up.

Just need to hear that aLARDyce has choked on a giant ball of wrigleys and thats my day sorted!!!!!!!!

Coleman was appointed about 3 years after Saha and Boa Morte joined, at least try and get the facts right. I can't think of one excellent low-budget signing Coleman made at Fulham to be honest.

McBride - but with a little help from Rovers.

Don't rate Coleman. He's just a bolshy version of Gareth Southgate.

God i hope the big fat bung taker gets arrested before he has a chance to sign, players are going to jump ship faster than rats! Probably sign barton when he gets out.................we are going to struggle now. Only way he wins me over is signing anelka for a second time. Seriously underwhelmed over the lack of thought that goes into this appointment is this just because williams is mates with him the way gartside was mates with megson. We are going to struggle to get out of reverse now....b8ll8cks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if Fat Sam does get the job, it will have been a waste of money putting new pitch down, as the ball wont be on it very much, fans better get used to looking in up in the air.

I'm sorry, but these claims are getting are a bit ridiculous now.

How did players like Okocha, Diouf, Anelka etc. all managed to shine there if all they did was thump the ball forward? Yes he plays more long balls than most, but then Sparky doesn't mind playing the odd long ball either.

I'm sorry, but these claims are getting are a bit ridiculous now.

How did players like Okocha, Diouf, Anelka etc. all managed to shine there if all they did was thump the ball forward? Yes he plays more long balls than most, but then Sparky doesn't mind playing the odd long ball either.

Out of all the players that Sam brought to Bolton you picked the three that did shine in an otherwise dour team.

Yes we do play long ball sometimes in games, but Bolton can do it for 90 mins.

not how he plays chuck...its him ex bolton legend ,local rivals and Ive hated him and frank worthington since i was 10 years old.To some of us that originate from the chorley side its akin to rovers appointing an ex burnley person

Well it looks like he is leaving, but where to isn't yet decided.

Who would be realistic potential candidates?

---

Suggested (some a joke, don;t worry, Stevie Cotterill isn't coming out of exile :rolleyes:):

Billy Davies-------------------------- 1

Stevie Cotterill----------------------- 1

Simon Grayson----------------------- 3

Sven Goran Ericsson----------------- 4

Paul Ince------------------------------ 8

Steve Coppell------------------------- 3

Bilic--------------------------------- 13

Martin Jol------------------------------ 5

Alan Shearer-------------------------- 7

John Collins--------------------------- 1

Chris Coleman------------------------ 4

Gary Johnson-------------------------- 2

Mike Newell---------------------------- 3

Tony Mowbray------------------------- 7

Dick Advocaat--------------------------8

Gordon Strachan-----------------------2

Jose Mourinho---------------------------2

Roberto Martinez------------------------2

Tony Adams-----------------------------1

Phil Brown-------------------------------1

Paul Lambert----------------------------1

Michael Laudrup-------------------------3

Fatih Terim-------------------------------1

Tugay-------------------------------------2

King Kenny-------------------------------3

Gerard Houllier---------------------------1

Manuel Pellegrini-------------------------2

Mark Bowen------------------------------1

Big Fat Sam------------------------------3

Gus Poyet--------------------------------2

Carlos Queiroz---------------------------1

Mancini------------------------------------1

Roy Hodgson-----------------------------1

Aidy Boothroyd---------------------------1

Henning Berg-----------------------------2

rykhard (spelling)

Seriously underwhelmed over the lack of thought that goes into this appointment is this just because williams is mates with him the way gartside was mates with megson. We are going to struggle to get out of reverse now....b8ll8cks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you being serious?

what makes you think john williams is considering BFS?

you're just reacting to what people have posted on here

what makes you think john williams is considering BFS?

Because he led Bolton to 8th, 6th, 8th then 7th (that's European qualification twice, plus a cup final appearance) on a smaller budget than ours and there's no-one else around that can get anywhere near that achievement who might be available to us.

Even if Big Sam doesn't get appointed by us, he will definitely make the final shortlist.

All the media is pointing towards it.

I'm just hoping/praying it doesnt happen.

That's just how the media see us. They think we're not deserving of better and put two and two together and make about 45 out of it. We don't do business in public. we work privately and behind the scenes and only let out what we are prepared to let others know. I don't want allardyce either and I won't believe it till he holds his first press conference at Rovers.

Archived